The simFlight Network Forums

cross controls

Well I'm still at it! I'm unable to reverse the aileron direction even with the box ticked in the joystick calibration settings.

Sorry, but this is a new "complaint" about which I have no information.

How is it that each time you post it is something different? There seems to be no continuity here at all.

Wonder if you might be able to shed some light on this?

What have you assigned your "ailerons" control to, exactly, and where?

What values are you seeing in the IN box in the joystick calibration section?

What "box" are you ticking in the joystick calibration section?

Have you even calibrated the ailerons? If you mean the "REV" box, you must do this BEFORE calibrating, or at least completely re-calibrate afterwards.

You provide insufficient information for me to "shed" light about. (And it's been like this throughout the thread!)

Pete

Hello Peter

While I appreciate you taking the time to help me and I might be a being a bit sensitive here but I feel the tone in your replies seem a bit discourteous.

I openly admit my knowledge of PCs,software and other PC related issues is very limited so I turn to someone professional like yourself and ask for little understanding.

I am professional in the work I do and always offer advice where I can without sarcasm and making people feel a little undermined. This may not be intentional on your part, I quite understand that but this is how I have been left feeling.

I met you in Lelystad 18 months ago and assisted you at Schipol to reach the terminal which I was glad to do so I know it's nice to help people.

I also understand that FSUIPC may not even be at fault but I am trying very hard to resolve this issue and with limited knowledge it is very difficult.

That said I will gather the required information and send it to you.

Regards

Alan

While I appreciate you taking the time to help me and I might be a being a bit sensitive here but I feel the tone in your replies seem a bit discourteous.

I'm sorry if it comes across that way, it is not intended.

But i am feeling helpless trying to help you when each time you post it's a different story, with never anything coherent to derive any way of helping you from. Please do scan what you've posted here. First it was spoilers activating when you used ailerons, then, without me ever seeing any more information relating to that, it became throttles moving after something (N1? ON a Cessna?) got to "idle" (undefined) from somewhere else --and again no answers when I asked you for more about that. And now it's become an inability to reverse an axis, again with no information.

I openly admit my knowledge of PCs,software and other PC related issues is very limited so I turn to someone professional like yourself and ask for little understanding.

I'd dearly love to understand, but you need to paint a coherent picture of whatever it is your problems are! And don't jump from one to another without at least answering the previous one or confirming that you've solved it.

Incidentally, if you really know so little about PCs and the like, why are you attempting to use advanced techniques with add-on DIY boards in any case? Perhaps you should first of all eliminate those boards, in case they are the problem, and try to get things working with normal ready-made controls? Even cheap throw away ones would do. At least you'll know whether it's software or your hardware then.

Regards

Pete

Hello Peter

Thank you for your reply.

I will attempt to start at the begnning. I will write everything down and see if something can be deduced from that.

With regard to the 'N1' and the Cessna, by Cessna I mean the throttle was open.

I will let you know the results.

Regards

Alan

With regard to the 'N1' and the Cessna, by Cessna I mean the throttle was open.

Then I don't understand the part "reached idle", reached it from where? You described the problem as "the throttles advancing happens as soon as N1 reaches idle". Is that meant to mean that when you pull back on the throttle, having advanced it yourself, it reduces to a lower setting but then increases again as you are still pulling back, or do you mean the throttles are doing their own thing in any case, without you touching anything?

The problem I have is that I cannot see what you see nor see what you've done or what you are doing. If you think in those terms when you ask questions then perhaps you might include the details that make it clearer?

Regards

Pete

Hello Peter

I really don't think this is FSUIPC related, I know you don't too but I would like to tell you I deleted the FSUIPC ini file and also FS9 cfg and started again.

No external boards connected, just the keyboard and mouse. The only issues I have (that I found on this occasion) was that key X on the keyboard switches the cockpit view to virtual cockpit view. Interestingly coupled with this when pressing key X and commencing the T/O roll, after a few seconds the cockpit only section of the aircraft can be seen 'overtaking'and 'leading the way'.!!

And on one occasion the mouse had focus and I was able to 'pan' the view with the mouse.

Thats about it. I'm going to add the external controls one by one now.

If there is anything here that you might be able to help with, as you know I would be very grateful.

And lastly there is nothing assigned in FSUIPC at this time

Regards

Alan

No external boards connected, just the keyboard and mouse. The only issues I have (that I found on this occasion) was that key X on the keyboard switches the cockpit view to virtual cockpit view. Interestingly coupled with this when pressing key X and commencing the T/O roll, after a few seconds the cockpit only section of the aircraft can be seen 'overtaking'and 'leading the way'.!!

So key 'X' is either assigned in FS itself, or is used by the add-on aircraft you are using. Or both.

And on one occasion the mouse had focus and I was able to 'pan' the view with the mouse.

There's a key press assigned by default in FS which provides that "mouse view" option. I've never used it.

For these sorts of things I think you are best using FS help. The kneeboards list keypress assignments for different default aircraft. Not sure where you'd look for add-on aircraft. I don't use a keyboard with FS and really don't recall all of the normal assignments.

Regards

Pete

Hello Peter

I agree this is not FSUIPC related. Good news is I have got one board working correctly and there is no speedbrake movement now.

The 'X' key and other related issues I will seek advice through other FS9 forums as you suggest.

Thank you for your input, much appreciated.

Regards

Alan