The simFlight Network Forums

FSUPIC 4.6 for fsx not shown inFSX after installed

Dear Sir,

I am not a registration user of FSUPIC 4.60 for FSX, I am using win 7 pro 32bit OS, before I using WINDOWS XP PRO to run FSX and FSUPIC 4.60 without problem. But after I using WINDOWS 7 PRO that after I installed the FSX and SP1 and SP2 m finally install the FSUPIC 4.60 , but after launch the FSX there are not module shown up on FSX command bar. also can find FSUPIC within FSX. THAT means I can't fly the PMDG or Level-D B767 . Can anyone help. I was try many many times....... PLEASE HELP 8-( ................:sad:

I am not a registration user of FSUPIC 4.60 for FSX, I am using win 7 pro 32bit OS, before I using WINDOWS XP PRO to run FSX and FSUPIC 4.60 without problem. But after I using WINDOWS 7 PRO that after I installed the FSX and SP1 and SP2 m finally install the FSUPIC 4.60 , but after launch the FSX there are not module shown up on FSX command bar. also can find FSUPIC within FSX. THAT means I can't fly the PMDG or Level-D B767 .

FSUIPC is no different in Windows 7 to XP. The Windows version does not affect it, so there's something else wrong. If the Installer said it was successful then it sounds like you could have a mis-installed SimConnect. Did you actually run FSX in between installing each part? i.e. Install the base version -- run it -- install SP1 -- run it -- install SP2 -- run it -- install FSUIPC4? I think that's the sequence needed to get each part correctly installed.

To find out what is wrong, please do these things:

1. There is no "Modules" menu in any case in FSX, but there should be an AddOns menu, the last one on the right in the flight-time menu bar. Check that, if it is there -- see if FSUIPC is listed in it.

2. If not, check the FSX Modules folder. Does it contain not only an FSUIPC4.DLL file but also an FSUIPC4.LOG file and an FSUIPC4.INI file? (If you have Windows Explorer set to hide known extensions, the latter two will show as "text file" and "configuration settings", or something like that -- but best to tell Explorer not to hide extensions, via its folder options).

3. If there is no LOG or INI file then FSUIPC is not being loaded, so it is either a SimConnect problem or a corrupted DLL.XML. In this case please find the FSUIPC4 Install log (also in the FSX Modules folder. You can paste it into a reply here.

4. If there is a LOG and INI file, please show me the LOG file -- paste it in a message here.

Regards

Pete