The simFlight Network Forums

Black Planes Spotted and 5.3a1 Question

idahosur

While trying to spot some GO paint schemes after installing 5.3a1 I was at PHNL and PHLI with my traffic set to 100% and I spotted a black plane at each airport. I assume they are the 737's referenced in the other thread at KPDX. I have no idea how to look at a plane like this and tell you what model it is. I will be happy to help, but I need some direction in how to help! I would like to point out that this is the first time I have seen this and traffic was at 100%, I usually run it at 20% unless I am looking for something.

The other part of my question, I installed 5.3a1 and then ran DX10 2010 schedules only as directed. After that I added a few airports so I did a dump airports and ran a complete Create: Schedules, Files & Traffic, but in the configuration window I unchecked Direct X 10 only. After the Create command completed I also copied the four new dat files (MyAircraft, MyCommercialRoutes, MyGlobalRoutes & MyMileRoutes) and the four new traffic bgl's (Mytrafficclosed, Mytrafficcommercial, Mytrafficglobal & Mytrafficmil) to the MT_Plans 2010_DX9 and 2010_DX10 folders. Will any of this cause the GO paint to not show up.

At PHLI per STB there was one Mesa flight, but all the planes had US Air paint schemes. Also STB said that the Mesa flight was the ERJ145 MyPaint29, but looking at the Emb145MX sim.cfg MyPaint 29 says it is for Chautauqua for US Airways Express and MYPaint 28 is suppose to be for Mesa.

Did I do anything wrong to get GO paints in Hawaii?

While trying to spot some GO paint schemes after installing 5.3a1 I was at PHNL and PHLI with my traffic set to 100% and I spotted a black plane at each airport. I assume they are the 737's referenced in the other thread at KPDX. I have no idea how to look at a plane like this and tell you what model it is. I will be happy to help, but I need some direction in how to help! I would like to point out that this is the first time I have seen this and traffic was at 100%, I usually run it at 20% unless I am looking for something.

The other part of my question, I installed 5.3a1 and then ran DX10 2010 schedules only as directed. After that I added a few airports so I did a dump airports and ran a complete Create: Schedules, Files & Traffic, but in the configuration window I unchecked Direct X 10 only. After the Create command completed I also copied the four new dat files (MyAircraft, MyCommercialRoutes, MyGlobalRoutes & MyMileRoutes) and the four new traffic bgl's (Mytrafficclosed, Mytrafficcommercial, Mytrafficglobal & Mytrafficmil) to the MT_Plans 2010_DX9 and 2010_DX10 folders. Will any of this cause the GO paint to not show up.

At PHLI per STB there was one Mesa flight, but all the planes had US Air paint schemes. Also STB said that the Mesa flight was the ERJ145 MyPaint29, but looking at the Emb145MX sim.cfg MyPaint 29 says it is for Chautauqua for US Airways Express and MYPaint 28 is suppose to be for Mesa.

Did I do anything wrong to get GO paints in Hawaii?

To your last question, GO! is no airline, has no own callsign nor own ICAO identifier. They are a marketing brand of MESA airlines, painted on some of their planes which are located in Hawaii. To make things worse, they move planes back to mainland, so it is very hard to model this - indeed in the 53a data base there is no registration for any "GO!" branded aircraft.

What I did for the patch is that I hand edited MyTrafficCommercial.dat to change all inner Hawaiian MESA flights to GO! brand. Bringing it into the full software chain is a longer work.

Do you have DirectX 10 on or off? If you have it on, you should of course only use aircraft with DX10 mark checked.

If not, did you use the full 5.3a installer, or did you update from 5.3 to 5.3a using the incremental update?

I updated to 5.3a with the incremental update, the file size of MTXU53a is 177,638KB.

I do not use DirectX 10, it is off.

So it may be there still is something missing or not working in the incremental update. Thanks, have to make such an installation myself now and then to fly around.

Okay and do not rush on my account. I was just updating FSX addons, installed 5.3a1 while I was at it and then went to see if the GO paints would show up.

As far as I am concerned any fix can wait for 5.3b.

I lloked with the 53-updated to 53a Patches 53a1 version now, but cannot find any black plane. Can you give me local time and maybe also the location where you see it?

I've just gone around the default KIAH with a Bell 212 and a fine toothed comb and didn't see any black/blank aircraft. However there is certainly something very odd going on, because there were a considerable number of these chaps at 100% airliner settings and they're definitely a long way away from home!!!

The aircraft in the foreground is a B737-300 registration N-1331. I counted at least four others around the parking areas.

Ian P.

post-229-0-17284900-1298825254_thumb.jpg

Hello. Just for information, I too, have few A/C of "Flybe" airline at Houston KIAH however, no "Black" planes. It makes no difference what time/day - they are there. Perhaps there is ascheduling error someplace. I am also using 5.3a1. I am also using Blueprint KIAH scenery.

Hello. Just for information, I too, have few A/C of "Flybe" airline at Houston KIAH however, no "Black" planes. It makes no difference what time/day - they are there. Perhaps there is ascheduling error someplace. I am also using 5.3a1. I am also using Blueprint KIAH scenery.

I will check, most likely there is a reference to a wrong title on a plane that should be there. On the UAL 739, that was the first plane painted with United titles delivered to Continental. Should be fixable with that information.

I will check, most likely there is a reference to a wrong title on a plane that should be there. On the UAL 739, that was the first plane painted with United titles delivered to Continental. Should be fixable with that information.

The 733 should be a Continental one, title "B733 NYPAINT03", instead of title "B733 NYPAINT103". Can be added to the patch easily and will vanish in 53b anyways.

The texture folder for the 739ER is missing in the update, can also go to the patch.