The simFlight Network Forums

WIdeclient problem

Hello Pete i am facing a problem with the wideclient latest release " 6.8.4.4 ". After i installed it into all clients i start up fsx but none client has establish a connection with the fsuipc. AFter some search i realised that if i remove the command " ServerIPAddr=192.168.2.3 " from my [Config] section of the wideclient.ini file all the clients are connected again. Is there any possibility to keep this command inside the config section? Also a have a problem with the active sky evo after the latest releases. I am running this in a client pc but after the latest fsuipc and wideclient it is no longer connected to fsx. I know that ase is connected to fsx directly with simconnect but i am thinking if there is a potentional conflict with the latest releases. Thanks in advance.

Hello Pete i am facing a problem with the wideclient latest release " 6.8.4.4 ". After i installed it into all clients i start up fsx but none client has establish a connection with the fsuipc. AFter some search i realised that if i remove the command " ServerIPAddr=192.168.2.3 " from my [Config] section of the wideclient.ini file all the clients are connected again. Is there any possibility to keep this command inside the config section?

There is no difference here with any of that in any version for years. The ServerIPAddr and ServerName are both available as alternatives, but if you specify either you must also specify the Protocol. That has never changed. When you omit the server identify, WideClient gets it from the Server broadcasts, and gets the Protocol that way too, but when you specify the server then it ignores the broadcasts so does not know the Protocol.

Also a have a problem with the active sky evo after the latest releases. I am running this in a client pc but after the latest fsuipc and wideclient it is no longer connected to fsx. I know that ase is connected to fsx directly with simconnect but i am thinking if there is a potentional conflict with the latest releases.

No, absolutely not. There is no way WideFS or FSUIPC can interfere with ASE's SimConnect connection to FSX unless you are specifying the same ports for both SimConnect and WideFS -- but in that case it would be WideClient which could never connect because SimConnect's ports are open long before the WideServer component of FSUIPC4 is running.

It sounds to me as if your Server's IP address has changed. That could explain both of your problems. Nothing of mine can do that!

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete this was the only thing i didn't check. The ip adrress of the server for some reason it has changed to 192.168.2.9! Sorry for the mistunderstanding. I want to ask you something else now. Is there any possibility or in any future update to running fs gauges to the client pc's with wideclient?

Hi Pete!

Suddenly my Wide Client doesn't work as well- I'm sure its at my end but heres my log- help pl!

********* WideClient Log [version 6.78] Class=FS98MAIN *********

Date (dmy): 27/02/11, Time 13:09:39.585: Client name is CARL-LAPTOP

251 Attempting to connect now

1252 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast

1252 Failed to connect: waiting to try again

3255 Attempting to connect now

4547 ****** End of session performance summary ******

4547 Total time connected = 0 seconds

4547 Reception maximum: 0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec

4547 Transmission maximum: 0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec

4547 Max receive buffer = 0, Max send depth = 0, Send frames lost = 0

4547 ********* Log file closed (Buffers: MaxUsed 0, Alloc 0 Freed 0 Refused 0) *********

What changed at my end??? Failing to connect - server broadcast?? How did this stop all of a sudden?

Ta!

Carl

I want to ask you something else now. Is there any possibility or in any future update to running fs gauges to the client pc's with wideclient?

No, never -- FS gauge DLLs (.GAU files) are only part of the code, or often these days only XML scripts. They are parts of FS and rely on the graphics code and main driving code in FS. You'd need to look at external gauge programs. There are a few around, I think -- FreeFD (if that's still around), FsXpand for instance, as well as the complete systems like Project Magenta, SimAvionics, ProSim737 and FlightDeckSoftware.

Regards

Pete

What changed at my end??? Failing to connect - server broadcast?? How did this stop all of a sudden?

No idea. Server broadcasts depend on a working network, both PCs being in the same workgroup, both operating systems supporting broadcasting (at least XP SP1 or later), nothing blocking or using ports 9002 and 8002, and, of course, FS up and running, ready to fly, on the server.

Regards

Pete