The simFlight Network Forums

Aircraft Quality

wb2002

I have noticed that since last update, A/C appearance is not as detailed as before. I have done all I think I am able to do. I don't mind sacrificing framerates if A/C looks more realistic. A/C's appear almost "cartoonish". Previous versions allowed high quality A/C option.

I have noticed that since last update, A/C appearance is not as detailed as before. I have done all I think I am able to do. I don't mind sacrificing framerates if A/C looks more realistic. A/C's appear almost "cartoonish". Previous versions allowed high quality A/C option.

The aircraft are identical to before, only the mechanism how to switch from high quality to performance models has changed. If you want to make sure that you really have the high quality aircraft chosen, edit MyTraffic\A320MX\aircraft.cfg and check the 4th line to be model=HighFSX-V2500. Ifg it is you have the same models as before, some of them even quality enhanced since LOD switching points have been slighty put more away from the user and some gears have been added to 4th or 5th LOD.

If you have checked the above, and the aircraft do not appear as they were, there must be either a variable in FSX or in the grafics driver that makes this effect. I vaguely remember another topic not too long ago where it turned out that a fourth party FSX enhancement program that changed FSX.cfg parameters was the reason.

Thanks Burkhard. I perhaps did not explain correctly. All my A/C's are low quality since updating to 53a1. I can live with it until next update. If, as you say, the quality of A/C appearance is same as before, then maybe the problem I have lies elsewhere. If you can get the time, I would like to send you my fsx.cfg file to look over. I may be missing something.

Thanks again

Thanks Burkhard. I perhaps did not explain correctly. All my A/C's are low quality since updating to 53a1. I can live with it until next update. If, as you say, the quality of A/C appearance is same as before, then maybe the problem I have lies elsewhere. If you can get the time, I would like to send you my fsx.cfg file to look over. I may be missing something.

Thanks again

There must have been another change that affects it, 5.3a1 does not change it. Maybe a screen shot of what you see can help.

There must have been another change that affects it, 5.3a1 does not change it. Maybe a screen shot of what you see can help.

I hope this works. The A/C in center is default and other 2 are MyTraffic. Look at engine's rear - all same solid color. I don't know what it is but perhaps it is in the Bojote's FSX Tweaking that cause this.

post-14347-0-55816700-1299173940_thumb.j

post-14347-0-99592100-1299173952_thumb.j

Sorry, but that is how they always looked. The MyTraffic aircraft are a factor of 3 faster than the default planes and a factor of 7 faster than the WOAI ones - this requires some simplifications - using as little textured parts as possible is one of the main keys to it.

Thanks Burkhard. I understand the reason for simplicity - I thought that perhaps I may have misconfigured something. This is why my frame rates are as good as they are.

Again - thanks and awaiting next update. BTW - will I be able to download and install update from "Communicator"?

Thanks Burkhard. I understand the reason for simplicity - I thought that perhaps I may have misconfigured something. This is why my frame rates are as good as they are.

Again - thanks and awaiting next update. BTW - will I be able to download and install update from "Communicator"?

This is planned, but if a problem arises until than or not is unpredictable.