The simFlight Network Forums

widefs for FS9 not connect

Hi Pete

first sorry for my bad english..

I have a problem . I have FSUIPC and WIDEFS registered

About 15 days ago i change my Desktop PC that have as OS WIN7

On portable i have WinKP SP3

When i try to made a connection with WideFS still remaining on ..Waiting for connection

The wideserver log report error 10044...

Can you help to solve this problem..

Tks

Antonio Baeli

About 15 days ago i change my Desktop PC that have as OS WIN7

On portable i have WinKP SP3

When i try to made a connection with WideFS still remaining on ..Waiting for connection

Did you make sure the workgroup name was the same in both? Win7 uses a different name by default to XP. Did you read the part of the WideFS document which says, in RED, that you should be sure to read it? Did you try setting the ServerName and Protocol in the INI file?

The wideserver log report error 10044...

I don't know the Windows error numbers off by heart. What were the words? Did the log say it had the IP address or name of the Server? It would really be quicker to paste the log rather than quote one number from it.

From tomorrow i am away until March 14th, so apologies for any delays in further responses.

Regards

Pete

• 1 month later...

Did you make sure the workgroup name was the same in both? Win7 uses a different name by default to XP. Did you read the part of the WideFS document which says, in RED, that you should be sure to read it? Did you try setting the ServerName and Protocol in the INI file?

I don't know the Windows error numbers off by heart. What were the words? Did the log say it had the IP address or name of the Server? It would really be quicker to paste the log rather than quote one number from it.

From tomorrow i am away until March 14th, so apologies for any delays in further responses.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete

problem solved installing new widefs..but another question

i have 2 pc portable using wideclient...

the 2 pc connect normally on FS (2 connect) in one i try to lunch 1 program and starting is ok..

with same parameters don't start in second pc......

run1=c:\pfd\pfd.exe.....

it's correct the run procedure.

Tks so lot

Antonio

i have 2 pc portable using wideclient...

the 2 pc connect normally on FS (2 connect) in one i try to lunch 1 program and starting is ok..

with same parameters don't start in second pc......

run1=c:\pfd\pfd.exe.....

it's correct the run procedure.

Sorry, I cannot advise without more information. Please show both the WideClient.INI file and the WideClient.LOG file from the PC which isn't loading your program.

Regards

Pete