The simFlight Network Forums

Departures

rlgpilot1

Tried a dump of the Departures for an airport and am having trouble decoding the information in all the columns...

Some are obvious, but I can't decipher the second group of numbers or the last group...could anyone enlighten me?

Here's an example...

0001 | 0182374 | FEDEX Fokker 27 Dest: KWLW Willows-Glenn Co daily 50

0006 | 0257778 | General Aviation C150w Dest: KYUM Yuma MCAS/Yuma Intl daily 159

The first group (0001 and 0006) is Zulu time, but what is the second group of 7 digits signify (0182374 and 0257778)? And the last group ( 50 and 159)?

Any help deciphering would be appreciated!

Tried a dump of the Departures for an airport and am having trouble decoding the information in all the columns...

Some are obvious, but I can't decipher the second group of numbers or the last group...could anyone enlighten me?

Here's an example...

0001 | 0182374 | FEDEX Fokker 27 Dest: KWLW Willows-Glenn Co daily 50

0006 | 0257778 | General Aviation C150w Dest: KYUM Yuma MCAS/Yuma Intl daily 159

The first group (0001 and 0006) is Zulu time, but what is the second group of 7 digits signify (0182374 and 0257778)? And the last group ( 50 and 159)?

Any help deciphering would be appreciated!

The second number is the full flight number as used internally my the MyTraffic editor, the last 4 digits of it are written out to the schedules.

Basically, if it is <100000 the flight has been imported from real world data. All 01xxxxx originate from the automatic scheduling run, all 02xxxxx from the preferred scheduling, all 03xxxxx from the global one, so you are able to track where a flight comes from.

The last number is a counter that uniquely identifies each operation plan coming into the airport at least once - so if an operation plan comes 6 times the same number will be there six times. This is used to identify the operation plan of a single flight that you select if you want to delete it or mark as forbidden.

• Upvote 1

The second number is the full flight number as used internally my the MyTraffic editor, the last 4 digits of it are written out to the schedules.

Basically, if it is <100000 the flight has been imported from real world data. All 01xxxxx originate from the automatic scheduling run, all 02xxxxx from the preferred scheduling, all 03xxxxx from the global one, so you are able to track where a flight comes from.

The last number is a counter that uniquely identifies each operation plan coming into the airport at least once - so if an operation plan comes 6 times the same number will be there six times. This is used to identify the operation plan of a single flight that you select if you want to delete it or mark as forbidden.

Thanks for your quick response.

Now I don't feel so badly about not being able to figure it out myself!

I have become an avid "watcher" of traffic and often use the Departures table to see what's coming up. I've noticed that not all the listed departures actually occur...assume this is due to my not having the traffic set at 100%. Is there a way to tell what % each flight is set for? (other than sifting through the entire schedule file)...

Thanks for your quick response.

Now I don't feel so badly about not being able to figure it out myself!

I have become an avid "watcher" of traffic and often use the Departures table to see what's coming up. I've noticed that not all the listed departures actually occur...assume this is due to my not having the traffic set at 100%. Is there a way to tell what % each flight is set for? (other than sifting through the entire schedule file)...

No, it isn't. The priorities are mostly defined during file creation only, not during schedule creation.

In addition, flights are cancelled every day by FSX, some stuff is always on strike.