The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG 747 400X Flap Axis Problem

Does anyone have any ideas on how to correctly get it working? I'm able to do the alignment/assign, but the flap level just swings full forward or full aft. It's boggling my mind as I had it working once and I didn't do any crazy settings. I have it disabled in Goflight's software and no axis assigned in FSX. I send the axis straight to FSUIPC Calibration activity as "flaps" and under calibration it recognizes as having 7 detents..Tried setting each detent setting, but nothing takes. Is there something special about PMDGs Flap setting? No Axis available? Sorry for asking about a payware addon, but at wits end.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to correctly get it working? I'm able to do the alignment/assign, but the flap level just swings full forward or full aft. It's boggling my mind as I had it working once and I didn't do any crazy settings. I have it disabled in Goflight's software and no axis assigned in FSX. I send the axis straight to FSUIPC Calibration activity as "flaps" and under calibration it recognizes as having 7 detents..Tried setting each detent setting, but nothing takes. Is there something special about PMDGs Flap setting? No Axis available? Sorry for asking about a payware addon, but at wits end.

Always test things on a default aircraft first. If it's only a problem with the PMDG one then you'll probably need to go to their Forum.

And have you first actually CALIBRATED the axis (not set detentes) so that you can move the lever back and forth and the flaps lever follows suit? You MUST do that first, to establish the correct minimum and maximum values!

Additionally, as far as I'm aware the GoFlight devices have no detentes, have they? If the hardware has none then there's really no point in setting axis ranges for them, is there? Just assign and calibrate. forget detentes. They're for cockpit builders with realistic flaps levers.

Regards

Pete

P.S. I'm away now till March 14th.