The simFlight Network Forums

5.2b v 2010 v 5.3 - Upgrade to 2010 or 5.3?

hypersonic

Hi All,

I currently have 5.2b installed.

However a friend of mine is running MyTraffic 2010.

I noticed some minuses & pluses..

Minuses = simpler Communicator, with no direct forum acess, nor a patch download ability.

Pluses = MORE aircraft, ex: AN124, Heathrow Terminal 5 parking slots are modelled etc.

So what should i do? Pay again for 5.3 or get 2010?

Look forward to your answers...

Hyper

Hi All,

I currently have 5.2b installed.

However a friend of mine is running MyTraffic 2010.

I noticed some minuses & pluses..

Minuses = simpler Communicator, with no direct forum acess, nor a patch download ability.

Pluses = MORE aircraft, ex: AN124, Heathrow Terminal 5 parking slots are modelled etc.

So what should i do? Pay again for 5.3 or get 2010?

Look forward to your answers...

Hyper

As you purchased MyTraffic 5.2 from Simmarket, you are entitled to a heavy discount, just do a normal purchase and check you get the price of 14€ before you click OK.

MyTraffic 2010 and MyTraffic Professional are intended for different target costumors. MyTraffic 2010 is the costumor who wants to install and forget. It is simplified and reduced in tools, because the support you purchase is from your dealer resp. from Aerosoft, and they can support basic FSX features, but not fancy tools like MyTraffic Interactive - this can only be done here.

So while I encourage users to update from MyTraffic 2010 to Professional if they want more than just enjoy what happens, the other way round makes no sense and is more or less prohibited by the price.

As you purchased MyTraffic 5.2 from Simmarket, you are entitled to a heavy discount, just do a normal purchase and check you get the price of 14€ before you click OK.

MyTraffic 2010 and MyTraffic Professional are intended for different target costumors. MyTraffic 2010 is the costumor who wants to install and forget. It is simplified and reduced in tools, because the support you purchase is from your dealer resp. from Aerosoft, and they can support basic FSX features, but not fancy tools like MyTraffic Interactive - this can only be done here.

So while I encourage users to update from MyTraffic 2010 to Professional if they want more than just enjoy what happens, the other way round makes no sense and is more or less prohibited by the price.

Hi Burkhard,

Many thanks for clearing that up, & I can see that when comparing 2010 to 5.3, 5.3 has far more aircraft, airports, schedules etc etc..

If i were to purchase the 5.3 'cross update' which is approx 1GB in side, do i assume that i DO NOT uninstall 5.2b, but LEAVE it in place & allow 5.3 to install over it?

Or should i perform an uninstall of 5.2b & then a CLEAN install of 5.3?

Cheers

Hi Burkhard,

Many thanks for clearing that up, & I can see that when comparing 2010 to 5.3, 5.3 has far more aircraft, airports, schedules etc etc..

If i were to purchase the 5.3 'cross update' which is approx 1GB in side, do i assume that i DO NOT uninstall 5.2b, but LEAVE it in place & allow 5.3 to install over it?

Or should i perform an uninstall of 5.2b & then a CLEAN install of 5.3?

Cheers

No, you just purchase 5.3a now using the same account that you used for 5.2 at Simmarket. Automatically you will get the highly rebated price, if not stop and ask again. You then get a full installer. Best delete the existing MyTraffic folder and make the new fresh full install.

The crossgrade is NOT for 5.2 to 5.3. It is for MT2010 to 5.3 only.

I see,

So to clarify, this is no 'upgrade' as such from 5.2b to 5.3? It is a fresh install.

The online system will just know to charge me the full 5.3 install at a discounted rate?

If my friend wanted to cross-migrate from 2010 to 5.3, will this install give him ALL the extra features that 5.3 will have? (better communicator etc)

Many thanks for replying.

I Love the immersion your product brings FSX. Thank you

I see,

So to clarify, this is no 'upgrade' as such from 5.2b to 5.3? It is a fresh install.

The online system will just know to charge me the full 5.3 install at a discounted rate?

If my friend wanted to cross-migrate from 2010 to 5.3, will this install give him ALL the extra features that 5.3 will have? (better communicator etc)

Many thanks for replying.

I Love the immersion your product brings FSX. Thank you

Yes, you got it. Every 18-20 months there is a major update, which is a full installer always - and allows me to make deeper changes. Every 6 months in between there is a minor update that can be applied incremental.

The crossgrade allows your friend to get a full 5.3 Prof Installation, then he can update incremental to 5.3a currently, you would get a full 5.3a installer now. In spring, you both can update with the same incremental installer to 5.3b. By years end I expect the next major release, 5.4 .