The simFlight Network Forums

new hardware

mdevans

I have version MTXV52a, running on Win 7. I have upgraded some hardware and now FSX is empty of all traffic. I've tried rebuilding and most of all the other things that worked in the past but so far no luck.

Anyone else have this problem upgrading hardware. FSX runs ok. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

I have version MTXV52a, running on Win 7. I have upgraded some hardware and now FSX is empty of all traffic. I've tried rebuilding and most of all the other things that worked in the past but so far no luck.

Anyone else have this problem upgrading hardware. FSX runs ok. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

I propose you go through the checklist under

It cannot be the hardware only, but if as example path names changed, you have to change them in FSX.cfg too.

Burkhard

Thanks for getting me started to track this problem down.

Here is what I found: the folder \scenery\world\scenery had an extra file in it that didn't belong. I deleted it and all was well. Thank You. Also area 102 was unchecked

in the scenery lib. not sure how that happened.

While I was at it I upgraded to 53A and noticed that the red identifiers for each a/c no longer had the airline noted. Everything else was there, airspeed, altitude, distance

type of a/c but no airline. I'm sure 52 had that feature or am I just missing something.

Thanks again for your help!

Michael

Burkhard

Here is what I found: the folder \scenery\world\scenery had an extra file in it that didn't belong. I deleted it and all was well. Thank You. Also area 102 was unchecked

While I was at it I upgraded to 53A and noticed that the red identifiers for each a/c no longer had the airline noted. Everything else was there, airspeed, altitude, distance

type of a/c but no airline. I'm sure 52 had that feature or am I just missing something.

Michael

This is somethingyou can set from the settings tab in FSX or with more details from the tools menu if you have the correct SDK installed.

Burkhard

Michael

Before you do the below make a copy of your FSX.cfg file and put it in a safe place just in case you need it back.

Open your FSX.cfg file with Notepad and look for this section:

[AContain]

ShowLabels=1

ShowUserLabel=1

ShowLabelManufacturer=1

ShowLabelModel=1

ShowLabelTailNumber=0

ShowLabelDistance=1

ShowLabelAltitude=1

ShowLabelAirline=0

ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0

Change ShowLabelAirline=0 to ShowLabelAirline=1

Close Notepad and when it asks you if you want to save click "Yes".

Before you do the below make a copy of your FSX.cfg file and put it in a safe place just in case you need it back.

Open your FSX.cfg file with Notepad and look for this section:

[AContain]

ShowLabels=1

ShowUserLabel=1

ShowLabelManufacturer=1

ShowLabelModel=1

ShowLabelTailNumber=0

ShowLabelDistance=1

ShowLabelAltitude=1

ShowLabelAirline=0

ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0

Change ShowLabelAirline=0 to ShowLabelAirline=1

Close Notepad and when it asks you if you want to save click "Yes".

Thanks, Why take the easy solution when there is a complicated one? :lol:

[/quote

The Traffic settings tab under settings does not contain the option to show the airline so if he does not have SDK installed the only way to get the airline to show is to modify the fsx.cfg!

The Traffic settings tab under settings does not contain the option to show the airline so if he does not have SDK installed the only way to get the airline to show is to modify the fsx.cfg!

There you are right - but I'm sure only VERY few users use the low level FSX light - most have Professional od DeLuxe.