The simFlight Network Forums

Com Panel Sound Toggles won't stay programmed

I just started using FSUIPC4 with FSX. It's running on an HP with Win 7 64bit, a Core I5, and 6 gigg of ram.

I have a switch panel that is running off the electronics from from a logitec joystick. I am trying to get the com and nav radio audio selectors to work but running into problems.

I can select the button and then use the drop down to add the function, but it will not stay programmed. As soon as I click ok or select the next button the function goes blank on the one that was just set. I tested the button with several other functions and it works properly, but the sound toggles won't stay????

Here are the functions I selected from the drop down that won't stay programmed:

Nav1 Sound Toggle

Nav 2 Sound Toggle

ADF Sound Toggle

DME Sound Toggle

I thought maybe I could edit the config file directly so I pulled up the FSX Controls list and to my surprise none of those functions are listed. I checked the alpha listing closely and did my best to scan the numeric list but could not find them.

Has anyone else run into this? Is this a known issue or is it just me? Is there a fix or work around?

Tom G.

Quick update: did a full reload of everything FSX and FSX related All other functions seem to work, still no luck with sound toggles...

Could really use some help on this one.

Edited by Tom G

I can select the button and then use the drop down to add the function, but it will not stay programmed. As soon as I click ok or select the next button the function goes blank on the one that was just set. I tested the button with several other functions and it works properly, but the sound toggles won't stay????

Here are the functions I selected from the drop down that won't stay programmed:

Nav1 Sound Toggle

Nav 2 Sound Toggle

ADF Sound Toggle

DME Sound Toggle

These are part of a set of FS controls which are listed in earlier versions of FS but seem to have been omitted in FSX, so FSUIPC4 adds them back in. I've tested them here with FSUIPC version 4.644 and they do stay programmed and do actually send those controls, but FSX ignores them. The assignments you need to use are these:

Radio vor1 ident toggle

Radio vor2 ident toggle

Radio adf ident toggle

Radio dme1 ident toggle

which do work.

There does appear to be a (new?) bug in FSUIPC4 which stops the assigned control number being decoded for display in the options (or in the log) when it isn't listed by FSX -- I will fix that. But I will also remove those controls which certainly do not work in FSX.

Can you please tell me what the version number is of the FSUIPC4 you are using? I think this is a recently introduced bug, but I want to be sure.

Regards

Pete

I am running 4.60a which when i downloaded it only a week or so back I thought was the latest release.

Okay. in that case this is not a new bug. I thought it might have crept in when I made some recent changes to eliminate duplicates from the drop-down lists, but evidently not. I'll look elsewhere to fix it.

4.60a is the main current user release for FSX etc.

I take it I managed to get an older release somehow, or is 4.644 not yet released?

It's one of the many interim releases, the latest one here. There have been 40 of them since 4.60a which was nearly a year ago now. I'll be consolidating 4.70 as soon as I can get all the documentation updated, then 4.60a will be superseded.

All interim updates are supplied here, in the Download Links subforum.

Regards

Pete