The simFlight Network Forums

Faulty Install of FSUIPC4.DLL ?

Hello Pete!

My setup up front: Vista32, FSX, FSC9 with FSUIPC4.DLL v4.6.0.0

I have bought a boxed version of FSC9 (from Aerosoft) and the install went smoothly. However, I cannot get FSC9 to connect to FSX.

Reading the FSUIPC4 Install.log it turns out that while the installer _claims_ to "Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one"

it really only searches my admin account subdirectories, not my normal user account directories.

All right, so I copied the FSX.CFG from the admin account to the user account. No cigar.

What's going wrong? I tried to attach the .log but the forum won't let me. Do you want me to post it as inline text?

Regards

MajikthiseD

Reading the FSUIPC4 Install.log it turns out that while the installer _claims_ to "Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one"

it really only searches my admin account subdirectories, not my normal user account directories.

It actually searches all the folders for the current user name. This has been working fine for the four or five years that an installer has been in use for FSUIPC, but just recently (for some reason) a couple of users found that this didn't work for them. You are actually only the third!

I don't understand why, or what's changed, but the revised installer (for 4.638) supplied in the Download Links subforum covers all users correctly now. Please try that.

What's going wrong? I tried to attach the .log but the forum won't let me. Do you want me to post it as inline text?

You can always cut and paste the log into your message here. If you mean the Install log, that will be fine -- after you try 4.638 -- but if you mean the run-time FSUIPC4.LOG file, then if you have one of those it means the Install worked okay.

Regards

Pete