The simFlight Network Forums

major differences between 5.1b and latest

N1G

Hi All,

Can someone provide me with the additions and features as compared to my current version of 5.1.b?

Appreciate the help

Regards

Bob Ginn

Uff - they do not have so much left in common. Since then we had 5.2, 5.2a, 5.2b, 5.3, 5.3a and 5.3b is in beta phase. Every of these versions contained replacement of several old models by new FSX SP2 ones, and additions of new models.

If you just want to see what came with 5.3. to 5.3a, that is under

and there are similar previews for other updates.

5.1b was the first version that supports FSX SP2, a few aircraft are made with the new tools which generate far faster code.

5.2 then brought all Airbus and Boeing planes to that level, 5.2a the Eastern planes, 5.2b and 5.3 mostly concentrated on the military and General aviation side, 5.3a had some addons to every favor, and 5.3b is mainly about new liveries and mergers with a few new aircraft only.

Schedules could be vastly improved by getting more real world data into the algorithm, new tools were added, all new airports,...

Burkhard,

I am more concerned about FPS/Smoothness than model quality. I am using the lower quality models, i.e. lower poly and no animations and very happy with this setup and would like to know if these types models are still available in the newest version.

Appreciate your time

Regards

Bob

Burkhard,

I am more concerned about FPS/Smoothness than model quality. I am using the lower quality models, i.e. lower poly and no animations and very happy with this setup and would like to know if these types models are still available in the newest version.

Appreciate your time

Regards

Bob

Since now practically all contempory models are highly optimzed FSX SP2 models, I expect 5.3b to run smoother and faster on the same hardware than 5.1b with identical settings. Many efforts went into performance.

Still the faster models are available, yes, with 5.3a the mechanism changed how they are called, due to introduction of optional blinking AI aircraft more than 10 miles away, but they still exist.

Hi,

I just purchased the crossgrade from simmarket and it installed with no events. I am not sure if I have the 5.3, 5.3a or 5.3b. I did try the patch from the ui but it failed somthing about overwriting an exe file. Also the check for updates option said there were updates but it just sat there and did nothing. Where can I find the actual 5.3 version that I am using. Again, just purchased from SM.

Also, can I assume if the traffic editor runs that I do have the sdk installed? I am interested in creating as mentioned in the docs, flights for a specific area. Not sure how finite an area can be but I would like to try and accomplish this.

Regards

Bob

Since now practically all contempory models are highly optimzed FSX SP2 models, I expect 5.3b to run smoother and faster on the same hardware than 5.1b with identical settings. Many efforts went into performance.

Still the faster models are available, yes, with 5.3a the mechanism changed how they are called, due to introduction of optional blinking AI aircraft more than 10 miles away, but they still exist.

The crossgrade is for MyTraffic 2010 only. But since it is the same price as the updates, I will send you the link to the full 5.3a installer by email. About the SDK, you have to install it from the original DVD and then the updates, depending which version of FSX you are using.