The simFlight Network Forums

UNABLE TO REMOVE AN AIRLINE FROM AN AIRPORT

Fire_93

Hello

I'm quite new at MyTraffic. I've read the MyTraffic X Editor Manual to try to solve this problem on my own. I follow the step in Q12: Go to Airline > Preferences and then select [Edit] or [Add New]. I select [Add New] and in the upper square I select ESMS (which is the ICAO code for Malmo Airport), then in the lower square I select Air Astana and finally I check [Forbidden]. Now I push [OK].

I've read another topic in this forum about the same problem but it did'nt help me out. Can you please explain to me what to do next. I've tried every button in the MyTraffic editor, such as [Automatic schedule MyPlanes], [schedule preferred traffic], [schedule global random traffic] and the one at the far right [Create all files and traffic]. What am I doing wrong?

Of course I'm saving MyTraffic Editor before I start FSX.

/Fire_93

Hello

I'm quite new at MyTraffic. I've read the MyTraffic X Editor Manual to try to solve this problem on my own. I follow the step in Q12: Go to Airline > Preferences and then select [Edit] or [Add New]. I select [Add New] and in the upper square I select ESMS (which is the ICAO code for Malmo Airport), then in the lower square I select Air Astana and finally I check [Forbidden]. Now I push [OK].

I've read another topic in this forum about the same problem but it did'nt help me out. Can you please explain to me what to do next. I've tried every button in the MyTraffic editor, such as [Automatic schedule MyPlanes], [schedule preferred traffic], [schedule global random traffic] and the one at the far right [Create all files and traffic]. What am I doing wrong?

Of course I'm saving MyTraffic Editor before I start FSX.

/Fire_93

I assume you have the Trafficdatabasebuilder.exe copied from your SDK folder? Then you just need to run a create "schedules, files and traffic" or an [Automatic schedule MyPlanes] followed by [Create all files and traffic].

Hi Burkhard

Thanks for the quick reply

I followed your instructions, [Create] > [schedules, files and traffic] and then [Go On!]. When this process was finished, after like 20 minutes, I went to the other button on the far left [Create all files and traffic] and pushed [Go On!] there as well. After like 20 more minutes, when this process was completed, I saved the database and started FSX. Then I found, in disappointment again, that there are plenty of Air Astana parked beside the jetways at ESMS.

When I look in the [Departure Time Table] in MyTraffic Editor i find that no Air Astana are supposed to be at ESMS, but why are they still there? What have I missed?

Yes, I have copied the Trafficdatabasebuilder.exe and the traffictoolbox.dll from the SDK enviroment folder into MyTraffic folder in FSX.

As you probably have found out, my mother language is not English, but Swedish

And thanks again for your reply

/Fire_93

Hi Burkhard

Thanks for the quick reply

I followed your instructions, [Create] > [schedules, files and traffic] and then [Go On!]. When this process was finished, after like 20 minutes, I went to the other button on the far left [Create all files and traffic] and pushed [Go On!] there as well. After like 20 more minutes, when this process was completed, I saved the database and started FSX. Then I found, in disappointment again, that there are plenty of Air Astana parked beside the jetways at ESMS.

When I look in the [Departure Time Table] in MyTraffic Editor i find that no Air Astana are supposed to be at ESMS, but why are they still there? What have I missed?

Yes, I have copied the Trafficdatabasebuilder.exe and the traffictoolbox.dll from the SDK enviroment folder into MyTraffic folder in FSX.

As you probably have found out, my mother language is not English, but Swedish

And thanks again for your reply

/Fire_93

Create Schedules, files and traffic takes MUCH longer then just the cretion of the files. But if MyTraffic editor shows no Air Astana in ESMS, and the files compile properly, then there should be none.

Please check that the compilation works through, the bgl files get copied, the bgl files in the MyTraffic\scenery folder have the right date from today. I will check if MyTraffic has these Air Astana flights, or maybe these should be another aircraft. Which aircraft type do you see?

Create Schedules, files and traffic takes MUCH longer then just the cretion of the files. But if MyTraffic editor shows no Air Astana in ESMS, and the files compile properly, then there should be none.

Please check that the compilation works through, the bgl files get copied, the bgl files in the MyTraffic\scenery folder have the right date from today. I will check if MyTraffic has these Air Astana flights, or maybe these should be another aircraft. Which aircraft type do you see?

Found it now. There is a wrong reference in the database. F50-SkyW1 is refering to Fokker 50 MyPaint12, which is an Air Astana aircraft, correct should be Fokker 50 MyPaint41. Yes, I checked now they still fly F50s, but they have so many different paint schemes now...

So goto aircraft MyTypes, select the F50-SkyW1, chaage the 12 by 41, save the data base, run a create all files and traffic and they should be gone...

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Hi again

Thx for the reply

I'm sorry to say, but Air Astana still have plenty of Fokker 50s at ESMS... I've changed Skyways F50s from [Fokker 50 MyPaint12] to [Fokker 50 MyPaint41], saved the database and ran the [Create all files and traffic], but it didn't help...

When I look in the F50-KZR1 (Air Astana's F50s) I find that thay are using [Fokker 50 MyPaint11] and not number 12 and I have also ticked of the square so that they are no used in MyTraffic.

My .bgl files in the MyTraffic > scenery folder is last changed in 2007 (!) it says.

What have I missed this time? I'm very pleased with all the effort you have put into my problem :), but this is a really annoying issue...

Hi again

Thx for the reply

I'm sorry to say, but Air Astana still have plenty of Fokker 50s at ESMS... I've changed Skyways F50s from [Fokker 50 MyPaint12] to [Fokker 50 MyPaint41], saved the database and ran the [Create all files and traffic], but it didn't help...

When I look in the F50-KZR1 (Air Astana's F50s) I find that thay are using [Fokker 50 MyPaint11] and not number 12 and I have also ticked of the square so that they are no used in MyTraffic.

My .bgl files in the MyTraffic > scenery folder is last changed in 2007 (!) it says.

What have I missed this time? I'm very pleased with all the effort you have put into my problem :), but this is a really annoying issue...

Air Astana has two paints, 11 and 12.

Next step, delete manually MyTrafficcommercial.bgl and the other bgl that start with MY. Then run the create all files and traffic again from the database that has the correct title for the Skyways Fokker. Please tell me what happens now.

Air Astana has two paints, 11 and 12.

Next step, delete manually MyTrafficcommercial.bgl and the other bgl that start with MY. Then run the create all files and traffic again from the database that has the correct title for the Skyways Fokker. Please tell me what happens now.

I checked through it.

On a fresh 53a install, I started the editor, loaded the database, change the types title, saved the data base, run a create all files and traffic, and in FSX there now are Skyways Fokkers instead of airastana.kz paints.

Hi Burkhard

Thanks for the reply and sorry for being such a pain in the ***

I have the MyTrafficX 5.2 version

I deleted the MyTrafficcommercial.bgl from the scenery folder in MyTraffic and then ran a [Create all files and traffc] bur then all the Airline Al disappeared but not the general aviation. Then I uninstalled MyTraffic using the icon in the FSX main folder. The I restarted the computer and installed MyTrafficX 5.2 again. I found that everything inside MyTraffic Editor was just the same as just before I unistalled the program (such as the preferences was left and Skyways Fokker 50s was using Mypaint41 for example)... and the FSX.cfg allready contained the existing directory that your'e supposed to add after a succesfull installation...

What's next step to try??

Thanks again

/Fire_93

Hi Burkhard

Thanks for the reply and sorry for being such a pain in the ***

I have the MyTrafficX 5.2 version

I deleted the MyTrafficcommercial.bgl from the scenery folder in MyTraffic and then ran a [Create all files and traffc] bur then all the Airline Al disappeared but not the general aviation. Then I uninstalled MyTraffic using the icon in the FSX main folder. The I restarted the computer and installed MyTrafficX 5.2 again. I found that everything inside MyTraffic Editor was just the same as just before I unistalled the program (such as the preferences was left and Skyways Fokker 50s was using Mypaint41 for example)... and the FSX.cfg allready contained the existing directory that your'e supposed to add after a succesfull installation...

What's next step to try??

Thanks again

/Fire_93

You don't have full control over the MyTraffic folder. If your experiment did not remove the data base, then you won't change anything due to missing user rights. It's either you do not have full file system control, or the User Access Control that prohibits you to access anything in the FSX folder, including MyTraffic. Just try to swith the UAC off, that is easy.

Hi again

It's a success :), Air Astana is gone and Skyways is no at the jetways at ESMS

Thank you Burkhard for everything!!

Just one question: Why don't all my preferences go into FSX? I want to get rid of plenty more airlines from ESMS such as KLM, Kuzu Cargo, Iberia and Alpi Eagles etc. Malmö Aviation doesn't show up at ESSB (Bromma Stockholm) either although I've set it as a hub for the airline.

Sorry for getting you more concerns...

Thank you again for helping me out :)

/Fire_93

Hi again

It's a success :), Air Astana is gone and Skyways is no at the jetways at ESMS

Thank you Burkhard for everything!!

Just one question: Why don't all my preferences go into FSX? I want to get rid of plenty more airlines from ESMS such as KLM, Kuzu Cargo, Iberia and Alpi Eagles etc. Malmö Aviation doesn't show up at ESSB (Bromma Stockholm) either although I've set it as a hub for the airline.

Sorry for getting you more concerns...

Thank you again for helping me out :)

/Fire_93

Now we know it is technically working, once you want to spend another time on it, start the editor and under Indo - maintenenance delete all autoschedules, preferred schedules and random schedules.

Looking into the departure plans now shows those flights to ESMS that are based on real world data, check these are OK - should be some.

Then you either set your preferences and make an autoschedule, or from the airline menu select a Malmö plane and schedule it to (Hamburg, Riga, or whever you want it), add a couple of flights through this fast method. Every slot you fill this way will not be availabel any longer to the automatic procedures.

Hi again!!

Everything works just fine now :) thx!!

But there is one exeption... I've problem with one airline (Norwegian Air Shuttle) which won't appear at all... I've set flights from both ESMS and EKCH and when it's supposed to departe from one of the airport I can't see a singel Norwegian-aircraft :(

What could it be that causes this problem??

Hope you can manage this question too :)

/Fire_93

Hi again!!

Everything works just fine now :) thx!!

But there is one exeption... I've problem with one airline (Norwegian Air Shuttle) which won't appear at all... I've set flights from both ESMS and EKCH and when it's supposed to departe from one of the airport I can't see a singel Norwegian-aircraft :(

What could it be that causes this problem??

Hope you can manage this question too :)

/Fire_93

Have to look. Which aircraft type do you place?

Have to look. Which aircraft type do you place?

I checked there is no general problem with the Norwegian 733, there are plenties of them in Oslo. So a scheduling from the airports dialog should work, you are aware all times are GMT, not local ones?

A special problem with the Scandinavian airlines arises in the autoschedule and preferred schedules. One of the algorithms that ensures the right aircraft to be there is a check of the registration countries. LN-registered aircraft will fly from Norway to wherever, but not be autoscheduled from Sweden to Denmark. In case of SAS this is no problem, they have aircraft registered in all three countries, Norwegian Air Shuttle might make a problem. This would be overruled if you make ESMS a second hub for NAS, then flights out of ESMS would be generated. Or you can change a few registrations from LN- to SE- and OY- . But still better there is a tool called network_plans in MyTraffic, that allows to set something between manual scheduling and autoscheduling - now you should be busy for years if you want :lol: Creating AI traffic is hard core assembler programming in the end.

Hi again

Thank you for taking on this issue as well :)

I don't think I got the network_plan because I only have MyTrafficX 5.2, I can find it anyway...

And I don't se any Norweigan Air Shuttle aircraft on ENGM (Oslo), infact it is only full of military planes.

Can I get network_plan without bying a newer version of MyTrafficX?? In that case how?

And why don't Norweigan show up??

Thanks again

/Fire_93

Hi again

Thank you for taking on this issue as well :)

I don't think I got the network_plan because I only have MyTrafficX 5.2, I can find it anyway...

And I don't se any Norweigan Air Shuttle aircraft on ENGM (Oslo), infact it is only full of military planes.

Can I get network_plan without bying a newer version of MyTrafficX?? In that case how?

And why don't Norweigan show up??

Thanks again

/Fire_93

The easiest way would be you send me a PM that you want to participate in the 5.3b beta :smile:

Every new version contains thousands of changes and additions which often interconnect, it makes no sense to only update one part.

Hi again

Can't I have the Norwegian with MyTrafficX 5.2? It's my only problem for the moment.

/Fire_93

Of couse you can, but the amount of help I can give you for this is limited since I don't have this installed since years. The Norwegian aircraft should fly at least in Norway in masses. When 5.2a came out 2 years ago, support for 5.2 was the availability of the free update to 5.2a, implementing thousand changes many based on user wishes and observations, 6 months later this was replaced by 5.2b, one year ago the support went to a 66% rebate on 5.3, and now we still are two versions further, with 5.3b on the doorstep.

Hi Burkhard

I believe that the 737-300's model, which is used by Norweigan, is the issue because I can't see a single 737-300 model nowhere.

Could this be it? In that case how do I solve it?

Thx

/fire_93

Got to MyTraffic\aircraft

Delete the folder B733MX

Now go to MyTrafficaircraftinstallers and double click to B733MX.exe, this way you restore them completely. No go to an airport where you know you expect some, which could be FRA or DUS for LH, or KORD for UAL, and verify you see some.