The simFlight Network Forums

Commercial Cargo Aircraft

wb2002

Hey Burkhard. B747 aircraft nose doors starts to open but close after opening halfway. What you think problem may be?

Thanks . . . .

The nose opens as long as the luggage cart is active. If this isn't there ( ground traffic density ) or ordered back, nose cannot fully open. It is using he same mechanism as the passenger door, there is no other for AI aircraft.

Ah, okay. So why do they get the fuel truck come to them before they depart then, hmm? :wink: :twisted:

Seriously, there's a well known bug with user aircraft that if they park on a fuel trigger, door animations will open the door (sometimes only so far), then instantly snap shut again.

I'm wondering whether the same thing happens with AI aircraft, or whether the issue is unique to user aircraft? I've never really investigated the possibility.

Ian P.

Ah, okay. So why do they get the fuel truck come to them before they depart then, hmm? :wink: :twisted:

Seriously, there's a well known bug with user aircraft that if they park on a fuel trigger, door animations will open the door (sometimes only so far), then instantly snap shut again.

I'm wondering whether the same thing happens with AI aircraft, or whether the issue is unique to user aircraft? I've never really investigated the possibility.

Ian P.

Does it look like a fuel truck? No, it is just the truck that removes the liquid waste...

At some points one comes to a debth of question where there are two choices, accept as it is or start to design your own operating system...

This is true... I'm just wondering whether I'm silly enough to create an airport where all the parking spots have fuel triggers and see whether the AI's doors open.

Hmm. Does this count as insanity I wonder? :unsure:

Ian P.

This is true... I'm just wondering whether I'm silly enough to create an airport where all the parking spots have fuel triggers and see whether the AI's doors open.

Hmm. Does this count as insanity I wonder? :unsure:

Ian P.

Don't waste your time. When I divide the number of hours I spent to create those AI animations by the number of words spent on them in 3 years now on this forum, is is a non topic.