The simFlight Network Forums

Weather / ATIS Issues

tmaciol

Hi everyone,

I´ve tried to find a solution for this for quite some time but now I´m thinking that I need a new perspective because I´m stuck.

My problem:

I´m using FS9 with Radar Contact (RC) 4.2.3831 and Flightsim Commander 8.6 (FSC) for flightplanning (mostly flight in Europe). Usually I start FSC first ,select the departure airport, download real weather and do the departure and arrival planning based on the weather info FSC provides. Since FSC doesn´t tell me which rwy is in use , I do an intelligent guess based on the wind direction given by FSC. After that I save the flightplan for use with RC.

Next I fire up FS9 (put the plane at the departure airport - gate) and also download real weather. Then I start RC with the saved FSC-flightplan.

First thing I notice that if I compare the ATIS info by FS9 and the WX report by RC they´re quite different (sometimes FS9 has Oscar and RC has Lima).

Next thing is that I might have planned the wrong departure because now there is a different runway in use (FS9 has Rwy X in use and RC tells me it´s Rwy Z - same can happen upon arrival).

I´ve tinkered with a selfmade preflight procedure and switched steps back an forth. But I always seem to come back to the problem of how to begin the flightplanning. Which weather to use to avoid having to do the planning and routing again.

I´ve already placed a similar thread within the RC support forum. I got the advice there to update the FSUIPC Module (now version 3.98)along with the Makerwys Tool (now version 4.43 which I both did. It was also the use of a programm named Active Sky V 6.5 mentioned.

Is the use of AS the only solution for this? Do I have to buy another program? I´d like to do flightplanning with weather info so I know which SID/Star to use . Also I´d like to have ATC guidance (without having to use online atc- I´m not that good yet :grin: hence the use of Radar Contact.

And (to make matters worse) I´d like to do all of that with the Air Simmer Airbus.

Am I the only one who is trying to use FSC and RC together ???

Thanks in advance

Regards

Torsten

Hi Torsten,

the basic problem is that different programs seem to use different weather sources. Which each one does use is frequently a business secret of the respective program. FS uses Jeppersen, but which source exactly is unclear. IVAO again seems to use a different source. All I can say is that we use NOAA weather. About the others I can't tell.

Regards

Sascha