The simFlight Network Forums

MyTraffic5.3a Professional - Brand New Install

eeyore

Hello All

I have just purchased and installed (into an FSX that has no other 3rd party products installed) a new copy of MyTraffic 5.3a professional purchased from Sim Market.

I have also installed the Patches53a1.exe available from this site.

When installing the original package I noticed the following errors:

1. B743MX.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

2. Transall C160 - ERROR the selected files could not be extracted.

I also have the following error in relation to the MyTraffic Communicator when investigating if there are any downloads (patches) available:

Could not connect to file on server - aborted

Please try to download www.fsail.com/Patches53a.exe and place it into the mytrafficaircraftinstallers folder, then execute it.

Are these errors normal or should I be investigating further for fixes to the issues?

Regards Stuart Brett

Update: Oh by the way, if I input the website details "www.fsail.com/Patches53a.exe" I get an HTTP 404 error.

Hello All

I have just purchased and installed (into an FSX that has no other 3rd party products installed) a new copy of MyTraffic 5.3a professional purchased from Sim Market.

I have also installed the Patches53a1.exe available from this site.

When installing the original package I noticed the following errors:

1. B743MX.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

2. Transall C160 - ERROR the selected files could not be extracted.

I also have the following error in relation to the MyTraffic Communicator when investigating if there are any downloads (patches) available:

Could not connect to file on server - aborted

Please try to download www.fsail.com/Patches53a.exe and place it into the mytrafficaircraftinstallers folder, then execute it.

Are these errors normal or should I be investigating further for fixes to the issues?

Regards Stuart Brett

Update: Oh by the way, if I input the website details "www.fsail.com/Patches53a.exe" I get an HTTP 404 error.

I believe the website is "fsrail", not "fsail"...try that one.

I believe the website is "fsrail", not "fsail"...try that one.

Patch 53a1 is the newest one. The mechanism foreseen for 53a unfortunatly cannot work due to a mandatory change in the Communicator.

About the two installers, die they fail on first installation or did you try to run them a second time without removing the aircraft first? The Transall I know to not replace files, but it installs fine. The 743 newer had been reported to have any problem.

So please delete the folder B743MX and double click to MyTrafficAircraftInstallers\B743MX.exe. If that works fine than you know you also have the 747-300 installed properly. Same for the Transall.

Many thanks for the quick replies.

I will try the install fixes as suggested when I get back home.

If the patch 53a1 is the latest, this is the one I installed after primary installation.

Should I simply ignore the issue in Communicator?

Or is there something else I need to do to fix the problem?

Re-install the patch maybe?

Hello Support

OK, the fixes worked.

So the issue is that all executables except those two can handle the situation whereby a reinstall of aircraft takes place without doing an unistall first.

No problem.

It just leaves the communicator issue.

Which in the overall scheme of things is OK so long as (i) the patch installed correctly and (ii) the communicator is not corrupt in some way.

What I do want to say is that so far this add-on has proven really good, like really good.

And I have used "other" traffic add-ons in the past.

I like the relative simplicity of the installation but more importantly I LOVE the AI effect in FSX.

It has even improved my FSX performance compared to default AI.

Well done to all involved.

Regards Stuart

Hello Support

OK, the fixes worked.

So the issue is that all executables except those two can handle the situation whereby a reinstall of aircraft takes place without doing an unistall first.

No problem.

It just leaves the communicator issue.

Which in the overall scheme of things is OK so long as (i) the patch installed correctly and (ii) the communicator is not corrupt in some way.

What I do want to say is that so far this add-on has proven really good, like really good.

And I have used "other" traffic add-ons in the past.

I like the relative simplicity of the installation but more importantly I LOVE the AI effect in FSX.

It has even improved my FSX performance compared to default AI.

Well done to all involved.

Regards Stuart

Thanks for the flowers!