The simFlight Network Forums

No traffic for 5.3a

ablackhawk2

Hi,

I can not get any traffic to work not even the defualt. Using windons 7 64 bite. I think I have read all the posts on this still can't get it.

This is FSX am using. I have attacted my fsx cfg. and the scenery cfg. for you to take a look at. Thanks

Ken

You do have soem AI schedules in incompatible format installed. From the Start menu, start MyTraffic communicator. From "Manage FSX setting" run "Search for traffic bgl files". Depending on the size of your installation this will take a few minutes. Once finished, a text file will be displayed, you can be sure the culprit is on that text, and it will not be one of the MyTraffic files. Look through it, and remove the incompatible traffic bgls that you may find, most addon authors user names them containing traf or trf in the file names.

If you do not hava any traffic anywhere, you can be sure you either have many such file or it is a big one.

If you cannot decide, copy and past the output of the above scan into here and we can see.

Thanks

Oh god, there hundreds of traffic bgl, and Microsoft does not support more than 5!

Delete those in scenery\world\scenery and disable ORBX as scenery for a second and look if traffic is up, then we can sort out if still moe is needed. The Tongas I know not to make any problem.

Hi,

You did it I have aircraft all over. I did'nt have to disable ORBX because it worked not having to do that I think?

I have not been able to see any traffic in the air yet. Could you please take alook at the traffic bgl. and see if this makes you

feel better than the first one. How did I get that mess? Thanks so very much for your help.

Ken.

Traffic_schedules.txt

Hi,

You did it I have aircraft all over. I did'nt have to disable ORBX because it worked not having to do that I think?

I have not been able to see any traffic in the air yet. Could you please take alook at the traffic bgl. and see if this makes you

feel better than the first one. How did I get that mess? Thanks so very much for your help.

Ken.

Compating the two files, I see C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\traffic030528.bgl

as a difference. That is a file originating from FS9, 8 years old schedules for FS8. Why you installed it to FSX? I cannot tell you.

If it works then just keep the list. I'm rather sure it will happen to you that you come to an airport ans see to little or no traffic - then check the list and remove any file from that area on there that has the name traffic in it.

Just to repeat, Microsoft never has tested more than 5 traffic bgls installed to FSX, and does not warrent it to work or to make the biggest nonsense. Microsoft expects all AI traffic to be compiled into one or very few files using the trafficdatabasebuilder for you version of Flight Simulator.