The simFlight Network Forums

some noob probs ...

onkelyogi

today i bought STB at Aerosoft and my download was v.3.10.5 - maybe their download server needs an update...

clicking >Help >Update or Website gives me an error message, i guess STB doesn't understand my default browser, which is firefox portable 3.16.12, lools like this:

websiten.jpg

selecting an airport seems difficult, coz the pulldown doesn't open up, only a half line, looks like this.

pulldown.jpg

so unfortunately not much to select this way...

i am on win7-64 btw.

looking around on the website i was happy to find the logo links,

but only for airlines, what about airports?

besides the trafficX folger i mean...

btw. this link is dead / on sale > http://www.aerosite.net/

would be nice to read the exact version on the download section, guess i will drop by now and then.

now i'm going to read the manual ... :mrgreen:

Edited by onkelyogi

today i bought STB at Aerosoft and my download was v.3.10.5 - maybe their download server needs an update...

It can be difficult to get all the shops to update their installers. Some want to charge money for it. In common with many other vendors, I found it easier for everyone to release single service packs that include all previous updates. Looks like you have SP1, the latest.

clicking >Help >Update or Website gives me an error message, i guess STB doesn't understand my default browser, which is firefox portable 3.16.12, lools like this:

Windows 7 does not have a default browser registered. Does that not happen when you install firefox? All STB says to Windows 7 is "show this webpage", you choose the browser.

selecting an airport seems difficult, coz the pulldown doesn't open up, only a half line, looks like this.

That's a windows 7 or FSX bug depending on your point of view. Does not occur on other Windows platforms, and other applications can be similarly affected. It will work if the pull down menu does not overlap the FSX screen. An alternative is to type in the ICAO code.

looking around on the website i was happy to find the logo links,

but only for airlines, what about airports?

Sorry I only have one or two that were made for the screenshots.

would be nice to read the exact version on the download section, guess i will drop by now and then.

OK

Simon

one new issue...

i realized that often the time zone jumps to gmt and a few minutes later back to gmt+2,

and this goes on and on, but i am still in the same time zone, exp:

stbv.jpg

and:

is there a way or setting to limit the distance shown to full miles or km,

i dont like to see those 3 dezimals ...

:rolleyes:

i realized that often the time zone jumps to gmt and a few minutes later back to gmt+2,

and this goes on and on, but i am still in the same time zone, exp:

STB is simply reflect the timezone changes in FSX. This is a rather buggy area in FSX to say the least, and something UT2 has taken steps to improve lately.

is there a way or setting to limit the distance shown to full miles or km,

i dont like to see those 3 dezimals ...

I'll add it to the list for SP2

Simon

hi simon,

today i wanted to install the data server and set up a second pc as client, but ....

manual page 84 tells me to download stbds3.zip from the download section,

but there is not such a file,

however i downloaded the stbds31_sp1.exe and ran it, just in case...

it tells me everything is up to date and that's it...

i cant find any data server exe in my stm dir or anything i could start,

finally i gave up...

:sad:

and this happened next on the client

It seems to be saying "FSX Simconnect Problem", but I've not seen it in quite this form before. Is this the only error window shown or are there any others? Which FSX version do you have installed? Which SimConnect client was installed on the simconnect computer? Do you have anything else on the client computer that also talks to FSX?

Thanks

Simon

hi simon,

the server runs Win7-64 and FSX SP2 (no acc.pack) and the client XP-32 running the simconnect client 10.0.61259.0

today i installed XP on the client from scratch, which i wanted to do anyway,

all updated and nothing else on it than STM & SDK ...

no, there was another error window before, here we go step by step:

clicking connect to FSX first time:

98534659.jpg

after OK this repeats 2x, then on the third connect click this showed up:

91157625.jpg

after OK followed by:

99208059.jpg

the STM setup on this client looks like this:

35115890.jpg

and the .cfg inside mydocuments like this:

62544233.jpg

i picked 50001 as port and .194 is the data server and .193 is the client.

mydocuments on the server is accessable:

86921183.jpg

and last but not least this is the running data server on .194

12416738.jpg

what else do you want to see?

btw i cant toggle ut2 traffic to the local stm anymore on the server pc,

doesn't the stm on the fsx work anymore while running the data server?

br

yogi

Line 1108 is when STB asks FSX to tell it what day it is in the simulator world. The strange thing is prior to this lots of SimConnect commands have gone through quite happily, it's just this one that has failed. The more challenging part is not a lot of information is coming back as to why, and why does this work for you when STB is run on the same PC as FSX? I'll have to research it and get back to you.

UT2 can only supply data to one STB at a time, nothing to do with STB-DS as such. Having said that, STB-DS has configured your environment to send data to the client. You can change it to the FSX server by specifying "localhost" for the "STB Computer Name" in the main screen. Click apply, restart FSX and you should be able to do CTRL-ALT-S in FSX once again.

Simon

The problem here is in FSX SimConnect. I suspect it is not getting out of the SimConnect client, however we should see if it is and if anything comes back in response. Could you run a trace please? Details on how to do are in Appendix C of the user guide.

Simon

onkelyogi trace

simon,

i did 2 trace files, where on #2 i clicked several times on 'connect' to produce the second error message as well

and #1 is just the normal version closed after the initial error message.

btw i found this crash.txt inside the same appdata folder, all greek to me:

05.04.2011 15:20:24.750

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at STB.SimConnectWrapper.SimConnectWrapper10SP2.ConfigureSimConnect(String aiCameraCommand) in C:\Documents and Settings\Simon Jones\My Documents\FSX Projects\FSX Traffic Board\STB V3 SP1B\Client\SimConnect Wrapper 10 SP2\SimConnectWrapper10SP2.cs:line 1200

at Traffic_Board.TrafficBoard.ConnectToFs() in C:\Documents and Settings\Simon Jones\My Documents\FSX Projects\FSX Traffic Board\STB V3 SP1B\Client\Traffic Board\TrafficBoard.cs:line 6006

at Traffic_Board.TrafficBoard.ConnectButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\Simon Jones\My Documents\FSX Projects\FSX Traffic Board\STB V3 SP1B\Client\Traffic Board\TrafficBoard.cs:line 6038

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

maybe it helps...

:rolleyes:

onkelyogi trace

i did 2 trace files, where on #2 i clicked several times on 'connect' to produce the second error message as well

and #1 is just the normal version closed after the initial error message.

The trace files do not show why the FSX SimConnect client is failing. As we all know, FSX is a closed book so there is no chance of getting it investigated, let alone fixed by Microsoft. The only option left open to me is to try to find a way to work around it in the code. Leave it with me a few days.

The trace files do not show why the FSX SimConnect client is failing. As we all know, FSX is a closed book so there is no chance of getting it investigated, let alone fixed by Microsoft. The only option left open to me is to try to find a way to work around it in the code. Leave it with me a few days.

I have some code changes to try. Can you send me your email address? Either by PM or via the website please.

Thanks

Simon