The simFlight Network Forums

123 Heavy

Heron

My FSX is kept with few addons as this helps to keep my frames high. I use only 2 commercial aircraft (Duke 60 and Embraer 175/195) and have installed just one commercial airport scenery (KSJC). The other sceneries are all FSX default. This is a new FSX installation on a Windows 7 not so high-end system, let’s say, good enough.This machine is new and entirely dedicated for the FS.

I installed this week the 5.3 Pro version of MyTraffic and the process was done by the book, with no surprises. I started parking my E195 at KRAP-Rapid City-SD FSX default airport to prepare a flight to KGEG-Spokane-WA. The percentage of commercial aircraft and GA is kept at 25%. I saw some other planes parked, so the installation has worked, I thought. Suddenly, at my left side, a jet went right into the airport building and, after sometime, I could see her getting out from the building at the other side. This is strange, because the airport is default and there is no afcad addon for KRAP or any other airport installed in my Addon Scenery folder. Did MyTraffic installed any afcad which disagrees with default KRAP?

After 10 minutes, I was taxiing to rwy 32, and noted there were no more aircrafts on the field nor default ATC talking. I took off and some minutes later I started hearing ATC talking with only GA actf. 30 minutes later, the first jet called ATC: “123 Heavy” !!!??. 123 Heavy followed me all the way across Montana and Idaho. Many GAs were heard and sometimes an Air Force xxx talked to ATC.

Just before landing, on rwy 21 final at KGEG-Spokane-WA, I heard tower talking to a Southwest, the first airline name heard after 2 hours flying.

One note: I bought MyTraffic on last November and at that time it worked perfect.

Any ideas?

Heron

Edited by Heron

My FSX is kept withfew addons as this helps to keep my frames high. I use only 2 commercialaircraft (Duke 60 and Embraer 175/195) and have installed just one commercialairport scenery (KSJC). The other sceneries are all FSX default. This is a newFSX installation on a Windows 7 not so high-end system, let’s say, good enough.This machine is new and entirely dedicated for the FS.

I installed this week the5.3 Pro version of MyTraffic and the process was done by the book, with nosurprises. I started parking my E195 at KRAP-Rapid City-SD FSX default airportto prepare a flight to KGEG-Spokane-WA. The percentage of commercial aircraft andGA is kept at 25%. I saw some other planes parked, so the installation hasworked, I thought. Suddenly, at my left side, a jet went right into the airportbuilding and, after sometime, I could see her getting out from the building at theother side. This is strange, because the airport is default and there is noafcad addon for KRAP or any other airport installed in my Addon Scenery folder.Did MyTraffic installed any afcad which disagrees with default KRAP?

After 10 minutes, I wastaxiing to rwy 32, and noted there were no more aircrafts on the field nor defaultATC talking. I took off and some minutes later I started hearing ATC talkingwith only GA actf. 30 minutes later, the first jet called ATC: “123 Heavy” !!!??.123 Heavy followed me all the way across Montana and Idaho. Many GAs were heardand sometimes an Air Force xxx talked to ATC.

Just before landing, on rwy21 final at KGEG-Spokane-WA, I heard tower talking to a Southwest, the first airline name heard after 2 hours flying.

One note: I boughtMyTraffic on last November and at that time it worked perfect.

Anyideas?

Heron

KRAP I will check if there is a taxiway going through a building. Shouldn't be but I cannot exclude this totally.

At 25%, there are not so many airliners around you, and the area you report isn't O'Hare approach, but sees a few jets per day in real life.

The 123 heavy, looks like an airline that has not been added t5o the sound update. This has been performed, and there were no other changes to the sound files?

The KSJC scenery does not contain a n AI traffic schedule, such a thing could make things worse.

KRAP I will check if there is a taxiway going through a building. Shouldn't be but I cannot exclude this totally.

At 25%, there are not so many airliners around you, and the area you report isn't O'Hare approach, but sees a few jets per day in real life.

The 123 heavy, looks like an airline that has not been added t5o the sound update. This has been performed, and there were no other changes to the sound files?

The KSJC scenery does not contain a n AI traffic schedule, such a thing could make things worse.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yesterday night, after reading more of this forum, I checked the Update ATC Sounds entry in the Communicator menu and it actually did quite an update. Then, I made a flight from KGEG-Spokane-WA to KPAE-Everett-WA using FL240 and now I think things are back to normal as I heard ATC talking to Fedex, Horizon, Delta, Navy, UPS, etc. Guess 123 Heavy was grounded this time ;-)

I use ATC at 25% because with this rate I can comfortably talk to ATC around big fields without waiting in a long line.

Soon i will be flying back to KRAP and report it back here.

Heron

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yesterday night, after reading more of this forum, I checked the Update ATC Sounds entry in the Communicator menu and it actually did quite an update. Then, I made a flight from KGEG-Spokane-WA to KPAE-Everett-WA using FL240 and now I think things are back to normal as I heard ATC talking to Fedex, Horizon, Delta, Navy, UPS, etc. Guess 123 Heavy was grounded this time ;-)

I use ATC at 25% because with this rate I can comfortably talk to ATC around big fields without waiting in a long line.

Soon i will be flying back to KRAP and report it back here.

Heron

KRAP I checked the taxi pathes, I could find none going through a a building, the layout of used taxiways is very simple there. Altoghether at 100% I had 150 aircraft in the reality bubble, 15 airliners among them, sounds like reasonable for that reason. If you find anything, just describe as detailed as possible.