The simFlight Network Forums

Default AI shown

7NEOPHYTE7

Hi, I've STBV3 installed together with UT2.

Now the problem is that when I connect I see the UT2 aicraft listed but also the default FSX AI planes (Orbit, Pacifica, etc.), which I don't have activated in FSX.

Is there some setting I missed? BTW I have renamed the trafficaircraft.bgl file in the scenery /world.

regards, Raymond

Hi Raymond,

There must be another traffic BGL somewhere in your FSX that is populating default style traffic. STB is simply reporting the AI created by FSX. One thing you might try is the Traffic Toolbox SDK. In the explorer utility you can add a column that identifies the BGL responsible for each AI aircraft. Unfortunately FSX does not make such useful information available to STB.

Simon

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have the same exact problem as Raymond and it is really annoying me and killing all the pleasure I used to have from using STB. :cry:

I have FSX Accelerator installed, however I do not have UT2 installed.

Since I downloaded the latest version of STBV3, I have more than three quarters of all entries (at any particular airport) in STB showing default traffic which is not active in my FSX such as 'ORBIT, PACIFICA, WORLD TRAVEL' etc....

I have renamed the bgl files 'TrafficAircraft' and 'TrafficCarriers' from Scenery>World>Scenery with .passive extensions.

I have re-run the STB Data Server to update my traffic files, but unfortunately these did not help, I still see hundreds of such entries in whichever airport I go.

Before, when I had STB V2 installed, I did not have this problem and at that time I had not renamed the TrafficAircraft and TrafficCarriers bgl files and still they did not show up.

Could there be some other file somewhere in fsx responsible for this?

Can please someone give me a hint on what I can do about this annoying problem?

joseph

Hi Joseph,

You are saying you are seeing default AI listed as scheduled flights, in other words they do not exist yet in FSX. Correct? That being the case, STB Airport Compiler read the default traffic BGL. You also say that you are using STB Data Server, so your STB is on a separate computer to FSX. Also correct?

The first thing to do on STB-DS, even if you have done them before, is to run both "Make Runways" and "Compile Airport Database". It's a bit boring, but keep an eye on it while it's running to see if it progresses normally. Next shutdown STB and STB-DS, then start up FSX (which auto starts STB-DS) and check the name of the cache that STB-DS is using. It's reported on the first tab of the main window. Finally start up STB, connect to FSX and see how it looks. If it's still wrong, we should set up a trace on STB-DS and find out where the default schedules are coming from.

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes, I see Default Traffic listed in all airports' schedules, of course when I go to 'View Traffic' this is not enabled on these flights.

I have STB-DS and FSX on the same pc. I have 2 shortcut buttons on my desktop, one for STB V3 and one for STB-DS. I run STB-DS and keep it minimized before I start FSX and then I run STB and connect it to FSX. I did not understand why you thaught that they are on separate pcs.

I was of the impression that each time we change something in Scenery>World>Scenery we have to run STB-DS to be updated. Am I correct ?

I run 'Make Runways' and 'Compile Airport Database' almost every time before I access FSX as I frequently add new traffic bgl files in Scenery>World>Scenery, and they both progress normally.

About the name of the cache used by STB-DS, I still have to check as I am not at home for the time being. I will let you know.

I downloaded the last versions of both STB and STB-DS from the supertrafficboard website.

How can we set up a trace on STB-DS to find out from where this traffic is originating, I think that this is the only option left ??

Thanks and regards,

joseph

I have STB-DS and FSX on the same pc. I have 2 shortcut buttons on my desktop, one for STB V3 and one for STB-DS. I run STB-DS and keep it minimized before I start FSX and then I run STB and connect it to FSX. I did not understand why you thaught that they are on separate pcs.

STB-DS is only required when STB and FSX are on separate computers. When you are running on the same computers, it's likely that it is doing nothing. STB can get all the information it needs locally, and probably never needs talks to STB-DS. Try running without it next time (make sure it does not auto-start with FSX) and see if you notice anything different in STB. It should all be the same. Do you have a simconnect.cfg file in My Documents? If you do, that should not be required either (unless there are other add-ons you have on a separate PC to FSX).

I was of the impression that each time we change something in Scenery>World>Scenery we have to run STB-DS to be updated. Am I correct ?

I run 'Make Runways' and 'Compile Airport Database' almost every time before I access FSX as I frequently add new traffic bgl files in Scenery>World>Scenery, and they both progress normally.

If you change something about an airport in FSX, such as the AFD/AFCAD file, you should run "Make Runways" followed by "Compile Airport Database". If you change a schedule (traffic BGL), only "Compile" is necessary. You don't have to do either as STB will use whatever information it has, but doing these steps keeps STB up to date with FSX.

How can we set up a trace on STB-DS to find out from where this traffic is originating, I think that this is the only option left ??

The trace will tell us what schedules are coming from which BGL. But lets eliminate STB-DS from your configuration first before we do that. Let me know how that works out.

Simon