The simFlight Network Forums

PFC Cat III Compatibility with FSUPIC

OK. I found the problem.

I think FSUIPC4.7 wrote a new Config section in the PFCHID file, and it added the line MacroFileName=PFC for some strange reason.

No, FSUIPC does not touch any files other than its own. it knows nothing about PFCHID.ini.

PFCHid defines the [Config] entry

MacroFileName=PFC

if there isn't one already there. As described in the PFCHid documentation, that is the default name.

Deleted the new Config lines and my macros are now working as normal.

Er, if you delete the parameter MacroFileName, so there isn't one, it assumes PFC in any case. To override that you need simply to specify a different name. Or, better, use separayte [Config ...] sections for specific aircraft macros.

Can you please show me what you normally have? It sounds like the MacroFileName parameter wasn't there when you first used 4.70 and the fact that it happened at the same time was mere coincidence.

Regards

Pete

No, FSUIPC does not touch any files other than its own. it knows nothing about PFCHID.ini.

PFCHid defines the [Config] entry

MacroFileName=PFC

if there isn't one already there. As described in the PFCHid documentation, that is the default name.

Er, if you delete the parameter MacroFileName, so there isn't one, it assumes PFC in any case. To override that you need simply to specify a different name. Or, better, use separayte [Config ...] sections for specific aircraft macros.

Can you please show me what you normally have? It sounds like the MacroFileName parameter wasn't there when you first used 4.70 and the fact that it happened at the same time was mere coincidence.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

This is what I had before 4.70:

[Config.PMDG747-400 SINGAPORE AIRLINES]

MacroFilename=PMDG

TrimRange=256

ApBeepWave=sound\Caapdis

AlertWave=sound\AltAlert

• 4 years later...

Pete,

I have just received a firmware updated PFC USB Controller card for the C2 Pro Console. I have loaded the PFCHID program and FSUIPC, but have found that the PFC switches on the console are actually reversed, (Up is down/Down is up)  Can you tell me if there is a way to reverse the switches via the software please.

Thank you for your assistance.

Derek 

I have just received a firmware updated PFC USB Controller card for the C2 Pro Console. I have loaded the PFCHID program and FSUIPC, but have found that the PFC switches on the console are actually reversed, (Up is down/Down is up)  Can you tell me if there is a way to reverse the switches via the software please.

Well, apart from using macros to reprogram every one (as described in the documentation), no, there is no way. It sounds like there's a serious wiring error in your unit, which is hard to believe coming from PFC. Have you asked them about it?

Pete