The simFlight Network Forums

basic question

Peter K

Can someone please point me to the setting that starts movement of traffic in mytraffic . I thought it was is in the .ini file

Thanks

Peter

If I understand you correct, you see traffic, but it doesn't move initially. That is a feature of FSX, AI traffic starts with ground traffic, aircraft will get fueled first by a truck before they actually push back, etc, so wait 10 minutes and aircraft will start to moove, or switch the ground animation off.

Thanks, for this .. I also found a place in the communicator that changes the start traffic time

also

I usually fly out of cyyz but for some reason mytraffic is not populating the cyyz with allot of canadian aircraft and flights.

Is there any way to ensure im getting more canadian flights.

Peter

Thanks, for this .. I also found a place in the communicator that changes the start traffic time

also

I usually fly out of cyyz but for some reason mytraffic is not populating the cyyz with allot of canadian aircraft and flights.

Is there any way to ensure im getting more canadian flights.

Peter

I checked CYYZ to have, at 100% AI traffic setting, more than 100 jets and commuters standing around, which I consider to be sufficient. How many do you see? Maybe you have a small incompatible AI traffic file installed nearby that damages your FSX in that area?

I checked CYYZ to have, at 100% AI traffic setting, more than 100 jets and commuters standing around, which I consider to be sufficient. How many do you see? Maybe you have a small incompatible AI traffic file installed nearby that damages your FSX in that area?

At 100%, I would see air canada and jazz traffic . maybe 30-40 jets, lots of other traffic but mostly in microsoft fsx liveries. Not maany other liveries that typically fly into toronto. How would i see an ai file that would be messing up my normal traffic? Where would this file exist? When I open communicator , I see the traffic file and open it and I have been trying to adjust it to more accurately represent Canadian airports I fly into.

What happens if I delete the traffic file and let the program recompile

Thanks Peter

At 100%, I would see air canada and jazz traffic . maybe 30-40 jets, lots of other traffic but mostly in microsoft fsx liveries. Not maany other liveries that typically fly into toronto. How would i see an ai file that would be messing up my normal traffic? Where would this file exist? When I open communicator , I see the traffic file and open it and I have been trying to adjust it to more accurately represent Canadian airports I fly into.

What happens if I delete the traffic file and let the program recompile

Thanks Peter

MyTraffic contains no aircraft in Microsoft livery but some GA aircraft, so there definitively is some other AI traffic that should not be there.

So search for blocking traffic, start the Communicator and under manage FSX settings run "Search for traffic bgl files". After a few minutes a list pops up, the guilty one is on it, but also many others, but most of the time from this list it is easy to pin down.

Aso, just check that there is no file scenery\world\scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl without another extension .passive - if there is delete it, but this would mean that you have run a FSX repair with addons installed, which is the most efficient way to destroy your FSX installation beyond any chance to repair it.