The simFlight Network Forums

Thrust reverser in 2-engine jets, CH yoke

Hi all,

Finally discovering the beautiful gems in FSUIPC I wanted to make it available to my two jets. I use the CH yoke and wanted the left-top axis for thrust, middle for spoilers and right for reverser. All this on my Eaglesoft Citation X. Couldn´t get it to work, everytime I use the reverser it acts like a throttle.

I got fed up and wanted to make a flight in my PMDG 738 instead, surprisingly in this aircraft the axis worked as expected.

So back to the Citation, using the same profile. Here the axis worked like a throttle again.

I fail to understand, can somebody give me a hint?

Thanks,

Ronald

Finally discovering the beautiful gems in FSUIPC I wanted to make it available to my two jets. I use the CH yoke and wanted the left-top axis for thrust, middle for spoilers and right for reverser. All this on my Eaglesoft Citation X. Couldn´t get it to work, everytime I use the reverser it acts like a throttle.

I got fed up and wanted to make a flight in my PMDG 738 instead, surprisingly in this aircraft the axis worked as expected.

So back to the Citation, using the same profile. Here the axis worked like a throttle again.

I fail to understand, can somebody give me a hint?

Sorry, no idea. It's a question for Eaglesoft support I think. The reverser facilitiy in FSUIPC merely makes use of the fact that the older throttle axis controls (called "THROTTLEn_SET" instead of "AXIS_THROTTLEn_SET") operate with negative values giving reverse thrust with idle at 0 and full forward thrust at +16383. The throttle axis controls normally assigned in FS, the "AXIS_THROTTLEn_SET" controls, provide only forward thrust, -163984 being idle and +16383 being full.

It sounds like the Eaglesoft aircraft is not programmed to provide reverse thrust by axis, only by use of the "Throttle Decr" command (F2 key with a default assignment in FS). But this is something to check with Eaglesoft.

Regards

Pete

Sorry, no idea. It's a question for Eaglesoft support I think. The reverser facilitiy in FSUIPC merely makes use of the fact that the older throttle axis controls (called "THROTTLEn_SET" instead of "AXIS_THROTTLEn_SET") operate with negative values giving reverse thrust with idle at 0 and full forward thrust at +16383. The throttle axis controls normally assigned in FS, the "AXIS_THROTTLEn_SET" controls, provide only forward thrust, -163984 being idle and +16383 being full.

It sounds like the Eaglesoft aircraft is not programmed to provide reverse thrust by axis, only by use of the "Throttle Decr" command (F2 key with a default assignment in FS). But this is something to check with Eaglesoft.

Regards

Pete

Appreciate your input Pete, thanks!

Ronald

• 2 years later...

Regards

Pete

Sorry to dredge up an old post, but with the regerstered version of FSUIPC, the FADEC works as advertised, but the Throttle Decr no longer seems to work.  Any idea how to make it work?  I apologize if this has been answered here or in the ESDG forums (I have been awaiting forum activation for more than 2 weeks), but I can't seem to find out how to make this work anywhere.  Any help/advise you can offer would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks!