The simFlight Network Forums

FS9 crash to desktop

When I run WideFS and Plan-G on a second computer, FS9 on my first computer crash to desktop after 20 minutes. Why? I do not get any information from Dr Watson only a sign telling me that 'Microsoft Flight Simulator has run into a problem and has to stop'.

I have done som tests:

If I run WideFS alone on the second computer and Plan-G on the fs computer fs9 crash after 20 minutes.

If I run WideFS alone on the second computer and no Plan-G, fs9 do not crash, after 20 minutes I start Plan-G on the second computer and after 20 minutes FS9 chras on my first computer.

My computers have WinXp as OS.

What is wrong? Where should I start looking for a failure?

I ask this question at Peter Dowson and as well as at Tim Arnot.

/Jonny

What is wrong? Where should I start looking for a failure?

I ask this question at Peter Dowson and as well as at Tim Arnot.

First of all, please ALWAYS state the version number of your FSUIPC. And if it isn't 3.98a or later, please update first and try again. It might be worth your while actually updating to 3.989z (from the Download Links subforum here), in case the issue you have is a known one which is already fixed.

After that, I expect Tim will be able to help you, but he may ask you for more information, such a logging form FSUIPC. Because FSUIPC offers ways for application programs like Plan-G to do all sorts of things inside FS it is possible for them to cause a crash too. Tim will be more knowledgeable about what Plan-G is doing. I'm sure he will contact me if he needs help with the FSUIPC side of it.

Regards

Pete

I am sorry it's all my fault.

After more reding at Plan-G support I realize that I have to uppdate my OS. I hadn't done that for at least a year. After running Microsoft Uppdate to my bouth PCs, all works well. (I didn' uppdate Internet Explorer nor install IE8!). I prefer Mozilla Firefox.

/Jonny