The simFlight Network Forums

Rocking back and forth

I have several add-on aircraft that at cruising altitude rock back and forth wildly. PMDG, CapSim, Wilco, LVLD... doesn't make a difference. I was told that the problem might be some setting in FSUIPC but don't know for sure. Anyone else have this problem, know of any solutions?

I have several add-on aircraft that at cruising altitude rock back and forth wildly. PMDG, CapSim, Wilco, LVLD... doesn't make a difference. I was told that the problem might be some setting in FSUIPC but don't know for sure. Anyone else have this problem, know of any solutions?

There's nothing in FSUIPC which does things without you or some other application asking it to. FSUIPC is just an interface for other programs to use in order to connect to FS, and a utility for users to choose from an assortment of options. FSUIPC does not act of its own volition to interfere with your flying. That would be rather stupid, don't you think?

It sounds like you have conflicting elevator or elevator trim assignments and jittery controls. But since you don't even say whether you are using FSUIPC for anything, nor even whether this is about FS9 or FSX or some other FS, I can't really help further.

If you do want specific assistance you need to specify which Flight sim you are using, and also the version of FSUIPC -- assuming you are a registered user. Please also note that I don't support old versions, so if you are using anything before 3.98 (for FS9 or before) or 4.60 (for FSX, ESP and Prepar3D), then please update and re-test first.

Regards

Pete

There's nothing in FSUIPC which does things without you or some other application asking it to. FSUIPC is just an interface for other programs to use in order to connect to FS, and a utility for users to choose from an assortment of options. FSUIPC does not act of its own volition to interfere with your flying. That would be rather stupid, don't you think?

It sounds like you have conflicting elevator or elevator trim assignments and jittery controls. But since you don't even say whether you are using FSUIPC for anything, nor even whether this is about FS9 or FSX or some other FS, I can't really help further.

If you do want specific assistance you need to specify which Flight sim you are using, and also the version of FSUIPC -- assuming you are a registered user. Please also note that I don't support old versions, so if you are using anything before 3.98 (for FS9 or before) or 4.60 (for FSX, ESP and Prepar3D), then please update and re-test first.

Regards

Pete

Sorry Pete, I guess that information would have been helpful. See the sig. I was told it might be something in the FSUIPC winds controls. I don't know, not cast aspersions here, just trying to get it fixed. I am not sure conflicting elevator trim is the answer but it could be. It really only happens when I am at high altitude and on auto pilot. If I kill auto pilot controls, and can manage to regain control before it barrel rolls, I can manually fly straight and steady. But at high altitude and on auto pilot, she wants to wag right and left. It's making the passengers very ill. (LOL). As I said, it happens with any of the high-end add-ons like the LVL D 767, PMDG 74, CS 767/757. That is why I felt it had to be something besides the planes. As far as contols go, I have a CH Products Pro Throttle and a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick. I have all of the flight surfaces controls shut off on the throttle. It's just a throttle quad. But I can check that again. It would seem that if there was a conflict, it would happen all the time, however, and not just on auto pilot and at high altitude.

Thanks for any thoughts...

See the sig.

The "sig" is not visible when replying. I click reply (with quote) and see you message, nothing about any "sig". So I stop replying, go back, view the "sig" and see you mean FSX, but still nothing about what version of FSUIPC, whether you are using a supported version, nor if you have even registered it or are using it for anything!

I was told it might be something in the FSUIPC winds controls.

What winds control? There's no "winds control" in FSUIPC. It isn't a weather control program.

I am not sure conflicting elevator trim is the answer but it could be. It really only happens when I am at high altitude and on auto pilot. If I kill auto pilot controls, and can manage to regain control before it barrel rolls, I can manually fly straight and steady. But at high altitude and on auto pilot, she wants to wag right and left.

So you don't even mean "back and forth" but "left and right", rolling? You implied it was an forward/back or up/down movement, which is why I suggested elevator or elevator trim!

Maybe you have excessive turbulence from whatever weather program you are using? In FS9 you could suppress turbulence even from other programs, but in FSX the weather control is usually direct via SimConnect., so FSUIPC does have the option.

Among other reasons for poor autopilot control at altitude is being overweight. Are you climbing too high before burning off enough fuel? A/Ps have limits, and the more realistic the simulation the more this will be evident. See if you get the same problems with less fuel, or less payload (throw the passengers out).

Pete

The "sig" is not visible when replying. I click reply (with quote) and see you message, nothing about any "sig". So I stop replying, go back, view the "sig" and see you mean FSX, but still nothing about what version of FSUIPC, whether you are using a supported version, nor if you have even registered it or are using it for anything!

What winds control? There's no "winds control" in FSUIPC. It isn't a weather control program.

So you don't even mean "back and forth" but "left and right", rolling? You implied it was an forward/back or up/down movement, which is why I suggested elevator or elevator trim!

Maybe you have excessive turbulence from whatever weather program you are using? In FS9 you could suppress turbulence even from other programs, but in FSX the weather control is usually direct via SimConnect., so FSUIPC does have the option.

Among other reasons for poor autopilot control at altitude is being overweight. Are you climbing too high before burning off enough fuel? A/Ps have limits, and the more realistic the simulation the more this will be evident. See if you get the same problems with less fuel, or less payload (throw the passengers out).

Pete

Thanks for the reply. Sorry. Here is what I had the in the signature. Rig Specs: FSX/ACCL i7 920 3.0ghz, 12g DDR1333, 2x AMD4850 1g GPU, 2T Sata HD, 750w PSU.

FSUIPC ver. is registered and 4.57. Obviously, I am a little confused on exactly what FSUIPC is/does. Is there something I can read to understand it a little better? I am not too good with a lot of the technical aspects I am hoping for something that wouldn't be over my head. Below is a picture of the 'wind' page I am talking about inside the FSUIPC control panel.

FSUIPC1.jpg?t=1302291007

I unchecked all the boxes in an attempt to suppress the winds effects (I know I might be way off base on the cause, I admit). I don't have anything other weather control programs on the system at this point. I do have REX, but it's not currently installed. As far as weight, the last flight I took was in the PMDG 74 and it only had 17% fuel and half load of passengers. Overweight isn't an issue. I don't really understand the axis controls and joystick configuration functions of FSUIPC. Maybe there is something either in FSX or FSUIPC that I am missing. But again, this only happens at high altitude and when on auto pilot. If there was a joystick/throttle issue, I would think that would happen anywhere, on the ground or at low altitude. I could be wrong.

Thanks for the support. I realize this might not be an issue with FSUIPC. I am just trying to understand what it could be.

FSUIPC ver. is registered and 4.57.

Sorry, but that version is pretty old and is not supported. Version 4.60 has been available for a year now and even that is being replaced next week by 4.70. many things have been updated and fixed. I cannot undertake to help those who don't update.

Obviously, I am a little confused on exactly what FSUIPC is/does. Is there something I can read to understand it a little better?

if you don't touch anything in FSUIPC, it does nothing for you. It might be doing things for other programs you run, that's all.

If you don't use it and don't know what it does, why did you buy it?

Regards

Pete

I got it because I needed it for various add-ons. Reading through the installation instructions, it said I needed it. I bought it because I feel that people who develop such tools deserve to get paid even if they are willing to give the product away. Can you recommend some where I can educate myself on the tools use?

I got it because I needed it for various add-ons. Reading through the installation instructions, it said I needed it. I bought it because I feel that people who develop such tools deserve to get paid even if they are willing to give the product away. Can you recommend some where I can educate myself on the tools use?

The User Guide, installed in your Modules\FSUIPC Documents folder, is designed exactly for that purpose. But update to at least 4.60 first. And watch for 4.70 next week.

Pete

The User Guide, installed in your Modules\FSUIPC Documents folder, is designed exactly for that purpose. But update to at least 4.60 first. And watch for 4.70 next week.

Pete

Thanks Pete. I knew there had to be a user guide. Just didn't know where it was. I will just wait until 4.7 and upgrade then.

Thanks Pete. I knew there had to be a user guide. Just didn't know where it was. I will just wait until 4.7 and upgrade then.

When you download the ZIP containing the FSUIPC Installer, that ZIP also contains the Installation and Registration guide document, which does tell you about all the files you get and where they can be found.

Regards

Pete