The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Burkhard

Which screen resolution are you using for FSX?

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dear friends,

following another topic it has become clear for me that product optimization depends on the screen resolution users actually run. In order to get an overview of what to consider the average target system, I ask you to answer the poll. If your resolution is near to one specified, just use the near one, otherwise please specify. Also if you are not currently using MyTraffic, please participate.

Dear friends,

following another topic it has become clear for me that product optimization depends on the screen resolution users actually run. In order to get an overview of what to consider the average target system, I ask you to answer the poll. If your resolution is near to one specified, just use the near one, otherwise please specify. Also if you are not currently using MyTraffic, please participate.

1680 x1050 Native Res

1680 X 1050 here also.

Bob G.

Those of you who use not mentioned resolutions please also either check the "other" or the nearest fitting resolution. And make propaganda for more users to vote.

As it looks currently, it may be necessary to add to "high" and "low" models another one optimized for "wide" - which should be around 6 weeks of work with 50 hours per week - could be a core thing for 5.4.

Seems like an awful lot of work for very little benefit do you not think?

About as much as an all new aircraft model...

It would not only address the issues with the lights, but also the complaints about gears disappear too early will go.

MyTraffic grows into three dimensions with every new release:

- Quantity - more aircraft, airlines, airports, real life schedules...

- Quality - optical improvements of the existing models

- Performance all this without a performance loss as long as one does not display more.

Fair enough, when you put it like that it is a valuable upgrade.

And something that goes rather deap, so either can be done for 5.4 late 2011 or 5.5 spring 2013...

I use 1600x1200

Since this 4x3 is far more standard ratio than wide screen, do you see Nav Lights that are too big?

5760x1200

I assume you are using three screens? Could you provide us with a full res screen shot how MyTraffic aircraft look on a large overview with your settings?

I'm working currently on an A320 model that I assume should cure the problems with wide screen settings. If one or two 1920x1080 users would be willing to test if the way I intend it to do works with them this would be a big help - so they should see the two big NAV lights now, and maybe gears to vanish slightly too early.

Hi

1920 X 1080 here,

Cheers

Steve

Thanks, so I went and purchased a monitor with 1920x1080 myself now, next major update must cost 50 cent more :lol: I see the same effect there, overall the grafical quality is worse than on the 1280x1024 I used before, looks more like internal usage of 960x540, which would simply explain the wrong LOD switching by FSX. This also is supported by the fact that frame rate went up when going to the screen that has 50% more pixel to fill. But the trend is for "HD" video ( which is using half effective resolution anyways due to interlacing ).

Dear friends,

1680 x1050 Native Res

My 5:4 monitor just blew up so I'm now 1920x1080 as well on Mrs. P's old monitor. As much as I loathe widescreen, I have to accept that this one look a lot better than my old cheap 19" one. :rolleyes:

Ian P.