The simFlight Network Forums

Incremental Update 5.3b available

Burkhard

After this went through the beta test team, you can download now the incremental updates from 5.3 and 5.3a to 5.3b using the communicator. If you want to download offline, the link is www.fsrail.com/959294.zip

I will post later what is new in 5.3b. The next update will be a major one which is not free and planned for October/November, again with the usual 60% rebate for existing costumors.

So what is new in 5.3b?

One thing are three new aircaft series, the Saab 2000, the Falcon 50 and the MB339 Jet trainer.

Then there are many new paints, starting from the big mergers in the US down to complete livery changes like with Egyptair, and aircraft delivered lately to airlines like the Hawaiian A330-200.

The schedules originate from March 2011 real world data + the usual additions for airports that are not filled by the data. Compared to 5.3a, the fraction of GA aircaft has been increased on all non-class B airports. Some tools have been overworked, and all this little stuff that costs so much time.

And now: If you are missing any paints in 5.3b, please tell me now. For an october release, the paints have to be finished and tested end of July, so there is not much time left to put them onto the list.

And before there is a complaint, I did not paint the ugly new Finnair livery. I tried, but the computer crashed, it couldn't bear it. Since 90% of all current a.net photos show the nice old one, I still hope...

So what is new in 5.3b?

One thing are three new aircaft series, the Saab 2000, the Falcon 50 and the MB339 Jet trainer.

Then there are many new paints, starting from the big mergers in the US down to complete livery changes like with Egyptair, and aircraft delivered lately to airlines like the Hawaiian A330-200.

The schedules originate from March 2011 real world data + the usual additions for airports that are not filled by the data. Compared to 5.3a, the fraction of GA aircaft has been increased on all non-class B airports. Some tools have been overworked, and all this little stuff that costs so much time.

And now: If you are missing any paints in 5.3b, please tell me now. For an october release, the paints have to be finished and tested end of July, so there is not much time left to put them onto the list.

And before there is a complaint, I did not paint the ugly new Finnair livery. I tried, but the computer crashed, it couldn't bear it. Since 90% of all current a.net photos show the nice old one, I still hope...

Hi Burkhard

Thank-you for all your hard work in creating the new 53b update.

All the paint issues seem to be corrected as long as all previous patches are applied before update.

The South African hawks are very well done.

Your customer service is outstanding.

I look forward to buying 54 update when available.

Ed

So what is new in 5.3b?

Duplication of aircraft titles:

A300MTM A300MX

Flt Sim No. Flt Sim No.

5 same as 63

8 64

9 65

10 66

14 67

22 69

All of the titles contained in the A320MTM are repeated in the A320MX flt Sim Nos. 156-164

At least I'm getting a warning message

Dave Butler

Duplication of aircraft titles:

A300MTM A300MX

Flt Sim No. Flt Sim No.

5 same as 63

8 64

9 65

10 66

14 67

22 69

All of the titles contained in the A320MTM are repeated in the A320MX flt Sim Nos. 156-164

At least I'm getting a warning message

Dave Butler

I see, just delete the A300MTM and A320MTM folder for the moment, the first just needs another config file.

I see, just delete the A300MTM and A320MTM folder for the moment, the first just needs another config file.

If you download the Patch via Communicaro, this should be fixed now. If the Communicator cannot download, the filename is www.fsrail.com/Patches53b.exe - put this into the MyTrafficAircraftInstallers folder and double click to it.

Burkhard,

I have Version 5.3 installed - I think! That is what the version.txt file is telling me in the MT folder.

Is it possible to update 5.3 directly to the 3b version, or do I have to install the 3a increment first?

Thanks in advance...

Burkhard,

I have Version 5.3 installed - I think! That is what the version.txt file is telling me in the MT folder.

Is it possible to update 5.3 directly to the 3b version, or do I have to install the 3a increment first?

Thanks in advance...

you can download the incremental updates from 5.3 and 5.3a to 5.3b using the communicator.

you can download the incremental updates from 5.3 and 5.3a to 5.3b using the communicator.

Thank you Glenm, The question was:

"Is it possible to update 5.3 directly to the 3b version, or do I have to install the 3a increment first?"

I have both updates: 3a and 3b, obtained from the interweb site link(s), following numerous "stalled" attempts to download through the "non-communicator" ( :blink: ). I'm just trying to save precious registry clean and de-frag time following installation.

Thank you Glenm, The question was:

"Is it possible to update 5.3 directly to the 3b version, or do I have to install the 3a increment first?"

I have both updates: 3a and 3b, obtained from the interweb site link(s), following numerous "stalled" attempts to download through the "non-communicator" ( :blink: ). I'm just trying to save precious registry clean and de-frag time following installation.

In Burkhard's first post he says that the update is for both 5.3 and 5.3a, so yes you can go directly from 5.3 to 5.3b with the update.

In Burkhard's first post he says that the update is for both 5.3 and 5.3a, so yes you can go directly from 5.3 to 5.3b with the update.

Idahosur,

Thanks for the info, though I don't believe Burkhard wrote that; just what the 3b changes are from 3a. I note however, that EDBU wrote this: "All the paint issues seem to be corrected as long as all previous patches are applied before update", so perhaps I may have answered my own question!

...heading off to de-frag ^£((

Idahosur,

Thanks for the info, though I don't believe Burkhard wrote that; just what the 3b changes are from 3a. I note however, that EDBU wrote this: "All the paint issues seem to be corrected as long as all previous patches are applied before update", so perhaps I may have answered my own question!

...heading off to de-frag ^£((

http://www.fsrail.com/959294.zip is the update from 5.3 to 5.3b. It doesn't hurt if applied to 5.3a.

http://www.fsrail.com/949394.zip is the slightly smaller update exclusively from 5.3a to 5.3b.

• 1 month later...