The simFlight Network Forums

'Multiple Objects'' again sorry.

haza2

I know that the ''There are multiply objects witht the same title'' has bee addressed before but I cannot work out for the life of me how to stop it when starting FSX as it takes ages to agree with FSX and close the boxes.

Iv got 2 fsx.cfg files

One is BAk the other TXT

BAK

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

TXT

[Main]

SimObjectPaths.6=MyTraffic\Aircraft

I don't know what I am meant to be deleting or why it is happening. Should I reinstall or...... Could I have an idiots guide please!

Many thanks

Harry

I know that the ''There are multiply objects witht the same title'' has bee addressed before but I cannot work out for the life of me how to stop it when starting FSX as it takes ages to agree with FSX and close the boxes.

Iv got 2 fsx.cfg files

One is BAk the other TXT

BAK

TXT

[Main]

SimObjectPaths.6=MyTraffic\Aircraft

I don't know what I am meant to be deleting or why it is happening. Should I reinstall or...... Could I have an idiots guide please!

Many thanks

Harry

You refer to MyTraffic Professional or MyTraffic2010? The Aerosoft installer ( fixed about a year ago )added another line about ten lines later to the config file in case a user downgrades from MyTraffic Professional to MyTraffic 2010 - something I never understood how anybody could do so...

Or did this appear after the 5.3b update, if you had MTM models installed and insufficient user rights, in that case there are about a dozen such messages, delete the folders aircraft/A320MX and A300MX for the moment.

Thank you for your reply, it is My Traffic Pro and it started happening after I update from Lite. I have downloaded to upgrade and used it, the messages come up for every single aircraft the MTP provides.

Should I still delete those folders?

Thank you

Harry

Hi Burkhard,

A slight aside, as this isn't exactly the same issue the OP was describing, but it is the one you described in your last post.

All my security is turned off and my user is an administrator (I'm a big enough boy to accept that if I click on something stupid and infect my PC with something evil, it's my fault...) - therefore it's unlikely to be an insufficient rights issue, but I get errors on both A300 and A320 folders as well after updating to 5.3b from a clean 5.3a install.

I now have both A300MX and MTM folders and A320MX and MTM folders, so have disabled the "MX" folder .cfg files (renamed them to .dis) to remove the clash for the moment.

Just in case this information is of any use.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Hi Burkhard,

Regarding Ian's comment, I thought that I would let you know that I deleted my 5.3b Beta and did a clean 5.3b RC install. I do not get these duplicate entries, so it seems that it may only involve installing the upgrade from 5.3 or 5.3a to 5.3b.

The problem is only with users who have installed the time machine models. I'm working on a patch/have to test it now before I can release, until then I recommend to just delete the A300MTM and the A320MTM folder - not the MX one that contains all actual models, and most of the recent ones.

The problem is only with users who have installed the time machine models. I'm working on a patch/have to test it now before I can release, until then I recommend to just delete the A300MTM and the A320MTM folder - not the MX one that contains all actual models, and most of the recent ones.

There is a Patch online now that should fix all those cases I'm aware of.

Use the Communicator, or download www.fsrail.com/Patches53b.exe to the MyTrafficAircraftInstallers folder and execute it from there.