The simFlight Network Forums

STB 2.3 "Depart now" does not work

Doc88888888

Hello,

I purchased V2.3 ages ago via Aerosoft, and until now never wondered why my "depart now" doesn't work. When I click on "Depart Now", nothing happens. Is there something I'm doing wrong, do I not understand the concept behind "depart now"? Maybe I don't have a certain interface that I would need? What are the prerequisites for this feature to work?

Thanks,

Doc

The only pre-req is for STB to have access to your "My Documents" folder. This should be automatic when running STB and FSX on the same computer, but you have to do a little work if they are on separate computers:

1) Share your FSX My Documents folder with write access

2) Access the shared folder om the STB through windows via the usually way, e.g. NET USE or similar.

3) Set the location of the folder as the STB PC sees it on the Commands tab of the settings notebook.

In any case, point 3 is the place to start and verify if the "My Documents" setting is valid for your configuration.

Simon

Thanks! That works! I have a German version of FSX so the file path was supposed to be in German (which, with my English version of STB), had to be changed. Thanks a lot!

Doc

Great! One thing I hope to do with STB V3 SP2 is to remove the need to share and configure the MyDocuments path.

Simon

• 8 months later...

Hope someone can HELP me ?

Have the same problem about nothing happen at my remote computer when pressing "Depart now"... But else it works fine :)

I think I have allowed write access to the document folder with the FSX douments files as described to do..

Are there someone as can tell me EXACTLY what I have to do ?

Using Windows 7 at my FSX computer and my Remote using XP..

Chris from Denmark

Hi Chris.

Two steps:

1) Make sure you can copy files from the XP to Windows 7. Any file, just drag and drop to prove you have write access.

2) On the XP, go into STB settings, commands tab and then specify the path to the folder on the FSX system. Note this will involve the drive letter the share is mounted at, most likely.

That's how it is in V3, I think it's the same in V2 but that's a long time ago now.

Simon

Have tried anything about sharing files for the last 3 hours :(...Think I give up..I can still use the options from my remote computer..But not use "Depart now"

I don´t have access to all the other files on my FSX machine..Only the sharing folder..

Have searched all way up and down at the internet..

I see its a well known problem to share ALL files between XP and Windows 7..