The simFlight Network Forums

Direct X 10 Only Question

idahosur

I am ready to add the airlines and aircraft registration I made to go with my KRIV modified airport to 5.3b and this time I thought that I would try the "Direct X 10" option only when I run Create: Schedules, Files & Traffic.

Before I do this I would like to know if the C17, KC135, F16, UH60, CH46/47 and the CH53 will show up in the new traffic bgl's or are some of these not Direct X 10 aircraft?

Looking in the MyTraffic X Manual for 5.3b is says that all these aircraft are FSX models execpt for the UH60.

I would also like to know if what ever is listed in the manual that is not listed as a FSX model will be the aircraft that will not be install if I go with the DX10 only option when I create the new traffic bgl's?

You understood it exactly right. Every series that is marked as "FSX model" in the manual has the variable "DX10" set, of your list it is the UH1 which hasn't yet. ( If you want you can change that in the series dialog of the UH1 ).

The create schedules, files and traffic, with the DX10 check mark set, will create schedules for only those aircraft that have the entry set in the series.

So if you can live with the optical problems of the UH1 ( which strongly depend on details of your graphics system ), just declare it to be DX10 and it will be in the mix.

Default schedules are made with this varable checked. For contemporary modes, the only aircraft I'm aware of that is missing is th Orion, and a few helis.