The simFlight Network Forums

Unable to update 5.3 ----> 5.3b

Number Six

Hello,

I am currently trying to update the MyTraffic X 5.3 software to 5.3b, using the communicator.

The communicator lists the newest version correctly, as MTXV53b, but will not allow me to download. It just hangs on "Please wait - while reading from the server". "Initiate download" is greyed out.

What's going on?

I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Odai.

Hello,

I am currently trying to update the MyTraffic X 5.3 software to 5.3b, using the communicator.

The communicator lists the newest version correctly, as MTXV53b, but will not allow me to download. It just hangs on "Please wait - while reading from the server". "Initiate download" is greyed out.

What's going on?

I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Odai.

There was a problem with the 5.3 communicator, solved in 5.3a. OK, since you did not follow this update, here the manual download that fits to your problem:

http://www.fsrail.com/959294.zip

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I have done as you recommended, and the update was successful. However, now the communicator cannnot connect to the server at all (when I try to download the patches for example).

This will have to do with your firewall settings, which I will not touch. The manual download of the patches is www.fsrail.com/Patches53b.exe , place it to the MyTrafficAircraftInstallers folder and run it from there. You can read here case important patches come up.

Hello,

I did a manual download of the patches and it seems to have fixed the problem (although it's useless now I already have the patch). Wouldn't that indicate it's not a firewall issue?

That, and I tried disabling the AV software. It had no effect at all on the Communicator issue.

It's also worth noting that in the 4 years I've been using My Traffic, I've hardly ever been able to download patches or new versions through the communicator. I've always had to come on here and look for links to manual downloads. That, or I'd have to download a "fixed" version of the communicator to be able to update through there. :razz:

Hello,

I did a manual download of the patches and it seems to have fixed the problem (although it's useless now I already have the patch). Wouldn't that indicate it's not a firewall issue?

That, and I tried disabling the AV software. It had no effect at all on the Communicator issue.

It's also worth noting that in the 4 years I've been using My Traffic, I've hardly ever been able to download patches or new versions through the communicator. I've always had to come on here and look for links to manual downloads. That, or I'd have to download a "fixed" version of the communicator to be able to update through there. :razz:

While there have been such problems, that a new version did something not planned 9 months before it came out, the current update most users can use the Communicator for the update as well as the patch. Anti Virus and Firewall are very different things.

Firewalls tend to forbid programs to attach the network, while as example IE is free to do what MS wants.