The simFlight Network Forums

Problem configuring Goflight EFIS device

I managed to configure my GoFlight Efis with the GF software to work with my PDMG B 747, using its own keymapping list.- The result was that all EFIS functions worked surprisingly well for a time at first, now I dont know why, but it fails to work and couldnt fix it.-

So I tried configuring it with FSUIPC, using again the keymapping list provided with that addon aircraft.-

I entered the "buttons/switches" box and noticed that the device is recognized as 170 and all its functions send diferent numbers.- I checked "select for keypress",selected my jets profile and assigned all the key combinations I could, the result was that some functions work OK, and some others dont.-

I couldnt map the mode and range rotaries, for which the keymapping list has no puntual positions, but increase and decrease options.-

Also all 7 lower buttons doesnt work.-

I send the relevant part of my ini:

[buttons.Jets]

0=P170,16,K96,14

1=P170,17,K96,14

2=P170,18,K96,14

3=P170,19,K96,14

4=P170,14,K98,14

5=P170,9,K88,14

6=P170,8,K87,14

7=P170,11,K90,14

8=P170,10,K89,14

9=P170,20,K99,14

10=P170,21,K99,14

11=P170,22,K99,14

12=P170,23,K99,14

13=P170,24,K99,14

14=P170,25,K99,14

15=P170,4,K104,14

16=P170,3,K105,14

17=P170,2,K109,14

18=P170,1,K187,14

19=P170,0,K220,14

20=P170,15,K84,14

21=P170,12,K86,14

22=P170,13,K85,14

23=P170,28,K82,14

24=P170,29,K83,14

25=P170,30,K78,14

26=P170,31,K79,14

Also the relevant part of the PDMG B747 keymapping list:

[EFIS Captain]

Press MINS=Ctrl+Tab+M

Increase MINS=Ctrl+Tab+N

Decrease MINS=Ctrl+Tab+O

Reset MINS=Ctrl+Tab+P

Press BARO=Ctrl+Tab+Q

Increase BARO=Ctrl+Tab+R

Decrease BARO=Ctrl+Tab+S

Press BARO STD=Ctrl+Tab+T

Press FPV=Ctrl+Tab+U

Press MTRS=Ctrl+Tab+V

Increase NAVL=Ctrl+Tab+W

Decrease NAVL=Ctrl+Tab+X

Increase NAVR=Ctrl+Tab+Y

Decrease NAVR=Ctrl+Tab+Z

Increase NDMODE=Ctrl+Tab+Num_0

Decrease NDMODE=Ctrl+Tab+Num_1

Press NDMODE CTR=Ctrl+Tab+Num_2

Increase NDRANGE=Ctrl+Tab+Num_3

Decrease NDRANGE=Ctrl+Tab+Num_4

Press NDRANGE TFC=Ctrl+Tab+Num_5

Press WXR=Ctrl+Tab+Num_6

Press STA=Ctrl+Tab+Num_7

Press WPT=Ctrl+Tab+Num_8

Press ARPT=Ctrl+Tab+Num_9

Press DATA=Ctrl+Tab+-

Press POS=Ctrl+Tab+=

Press TERR=Ctrl+Tab+\

Need some help for my problem

Thanks

Jorge

Hi Jorge,

I have a VRInsight MCP Combo and use Lua scripting for these things. I understand that this is not the option for everyone but in the course of getting all my planes connected I found that PMDG planes use controls to trigger actions on the panel. I program directly into my Lua scripts but you can trigger them also from the FSUIPC menu. The controls are:

"Mode+": ipc.control(66587,72013) (Rotor Brake, Parameter 72013)

"Mode-": ipc.control(66587,72012) (Rotor Brake, Parameter 72012)

"Range+": ipc.control(66587,72016) (Rotor Brake, Parameter 72016)

"Range-": ipc.control(66587,72015) (Rotor Brake, Parameter 72015)

Cheers

Kosta

Need some help for my problem

The most complete EFIs controls list I've seen appears in the Lua plug-in given in the User Contributions subforum, in the thread headed "PMDG 747X commands". The lower button row certainly appears there.

But to make the selector switches work correctly using increment and decrement only you have to do a little Lua programming I'm afraid. For instance use a parameter value 0-8 to select the range, and to get to position n do 8 decrements and n increments. Once positioned the first time you could save the current position in a global variable and only do the correct number one way or the other, though then you'd need to do a bit of re-syncing if you reloaded a flight..

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete and Prokopiu for your replies, but my limited knowledge makes me only able to use basic FSUIPC configuration options.-

How can I implement what you said in my ini ?.-

Not in any "INI". Save the Lua plug-in from that thread I pointed you too, into the FS modules folder, with a name like "PMDG747.lua", then load up FS, go to FSUIPC button assignments, and assign to "Lua PMDG747" with the parameter needed as listed in that program, or even in the thread itself.

Regards

Pete

Jorge,

I am not sure how you map your keys now but the following works from the FSUIPC menu for the knobs:

Select Key Presses (aircraft specific) - set the key you want to map - then below select the control "Rotor Brake" in the drop down and then enter as parameter:

Range+: 72016 or

Range-: 72015 or

Mode+: 72013 or

Mode-: 72012

When saved with OK the mode or range wheel in the EFIS part will turn when you enter the respective key press. You then need to map this to your GoFlight (not sure how that is done - I don't have it).

The controls for the EFIS mode switches are:

WX: ipc.control(72020,0)

STA: ipc.control(72021,0)

WPT: ipc.control(72022,0)

ARPT: ipc.control(72023,0)

DATA: ipc.control(72024,0)

POS: ipc.control(72025,0)

The problem here is that these controls are custom to the PMDG 747 and I am not sure if you can select them in the drop-down like the Rotor Brake. They do not have a name to them. So I am afraid you will have to do some programming with Lua.

A simple Lua script could look like:

p747efisarpt.lua:

ipc.control(72023,0)

That is all - make sure it is in the modules folder of FS. Then map to a key or button by looking for "Lua p747efisarpt" in the drop-down - the rest as with the others.

Kosta

I did what Pete said, and it worked with most functions.-

I have problems with:

The left and right VOR decrease, it only works in increase mode, so the left and right ADF selection is not available.-

Cannot manage to configure the mode and range rotaries as there are only increase and decrease parameters available.-

I mapped the Baro knob pressing mode to Std, and although the animation can be seen, it doesnt change the mode at the gauge.-

I noticed that at the FSUIPC button assignements box list, besides the LUA PDMG747 entry, also appears the following ones: LUAClear, LUAdebug, LUAKill, LUASet, LUAToggle and LUAValue all related to the PDMG747, what are them for ?.-

Also I couldnt found a Baro increase/decrease parameter which is useful to map at the upper right rotary knob, instead of an IN/HPA switch.-

Thanks

I noticed that at the FSUIPC button assignements box list, besides the LUA PDMG747 entry, also appears the following ones: LUAClear, LUAdebug, LUAKill, LUASet, LUAToggle and LUAValue all related to the PDMG747, what are them for ?.

They are documented in the Lua documents in your FSUIPC Documents folder. The Clear, Set and Toggle functions work on special flags testable in the Lua program, the Value sets a value (number) for the Lua program to test. The Debug is used by the Lua programmer to help trace through the lines in the program and fix errors, and the Kill, well ... Kills a running Lua program forcibly.

I doubt if you'll find any need to use any of those for the types of functions you are looking for.

Also I couldnt found a Baro increase/decrease parameter which is useful to map at the upper right rotary knob, instead of an IN/HPA switch.-

If the aircraft uses the default FS altimeter setting for pressure (the Kollsman window), then the assignable controls are called Kohlsman Inc and Dec. (Microsoft mis-spelled the name Kollsman).

If you ever need to see what FS controls are used when you click a switch with the mouse, just enable FSUIPC's event logging and see what it put in the FSUIPC log file.

Pete

And how can I program the Mode and Range rotaries, provided that the Guenseli's list, included only increase and decrease parameters for both ? (16 to 19)

If there are only increments and decrements then you have to use them to reach the position you want -- in other words n increments to get from position x to x+n, and so on. You'd either need to synchronise things by hand (i.e. mouse clicks) to start with, and keep track of the position thereafter in the program, or always do enough "decrements" first to be sure it gets to the left-most position so you can count from there.

Basically, taking the latter method as being easier, if a switch has, say, 4 position, 0-3, like a 737 EFIS mode switch, always start with:

send decrement

send decrement

send decrement

Now you know you are at position 0

If you want 1, send one increment, 2 send two, 3 send three. See?

You can do those things in FSUIPC macros or, in a Lua plug-in, your choice. If the controls you need to send can only be done by the Lua "ipc.control" facility then you can only do it in a Lua plug-in.

Regards

Pete

If there are only increments and decrements then you have to use them to reach the position you want -- in other words n increments to get from position x to x+n, and so on. You'd either need to synchronise things by hand (i.e. mouse clicks) to start with, and keep track of the position thereafter in the program, or always do enough "decrements" first to be sure it gets to the left-most position so you can count from there.

Basically, taking the latter method as being easier, if a switch has, say, 4 position, 0-3, like a 737 EFIS mode switch, always start with:

send decrement

send decrement

send decrement

Now you know you are at position 0

If you want 1, send one increment, 2 send two, 3 send three. See?

You can do those things in FSUIPC macros or, in a Lua plug-in, your choice. If the controls you need to send can only be done by the Lua "ipc.control" facility then you can only do it in a Lua plug-in.

Regards

Pete

Pete

In my case the lua parameters for ND Mode are: increase = 16, decrease = 17.-

My GF EFIS mode knob has 4 positions, from left to right: App, Vor, Map and Pln; its switching is recognized by FSUIPC as buttons 16, 17, 18, and 19.-

So

a) I turn right both panel and device knobs matching at the Pln position.

B) Turn GF knob left to Map (Fsuipc shows button 18) select LUA747PDMG and assign parameter 17 (decrease).-

c) Turn GF knob left to Vor (Fsuipc shows button 17) select LUA747PDMG and assign parameter 17 (decrease).-

d) Turn GF knob left to App (Fsuipc shows button 16) select LUA747PDMG and assign parameter 17 (decrease).-

e) Make a test returning GF knob to Pln, and then turning again left to Map, to Vor and to App, it works OK as the panel knob replicates the GF device movements, so both panel and GF device knobs are now at App.-

f) Turn GF knob right from App to Vor (Fsuipc shows button 17) select LUA747PDMG and parameter 17 shows already set, as it happens for the subsequent positions, so if I try to select parameter 16 (increase), I must replace all the former settings, which makes the work return to the beginning.-

So the results are that I am able to switch the mode knob only one way, and with the condition that the panel knob should be previously set by mouse at the first position.-

Maybe there is something I dont understand at your explanation.-

Thanks

Jorge

a ) Turn GF knob left to Map (Fsuipc shows button 18) select LUA747PDMG and assign parameter 17 (decrease).-

c) Turn GF knob left to Vor (Fsuipc shows button 17) select LUA747PDMG and assign parameter 17 (decrease).-

d) Turn GF knob left to App (Fsuipc shows button 16) select LUA747PDMG and assign parameter 17 (decrease).-

e) Make a test returning GF knob to Pln, and then turning again left to Map, to Vor and to App, it works OK as the panel knob replicates the GF device movements, so both panel and GF device knobs are now at App.-

f) Turn GF knob right from App to Vor (Fsuipc shows button 17) select LUA747PDMG and parameter 17 shows already set, as it happens for the subsequent positions, so if I try to select parameter 16 (increase), I must replace all the former settings, which makes the work return to the beginning.-

Er ... you cannot do what I suggested by simple assignments in FSUIPC. You have to either create a new Lua plugin, (or add to the one you have already) or edit the assignments in your FSUIPC INI file.

Maybe there is something I dont understand at your explanation.-

Evidently.

Let's try it by editing the INI file.

Assign the button number you get by turning TO the "MAP" position "parameter 17 (decrease)". Remember the joy/button numbers.

Press OK.

Load the INI file into an editor like NotePad.

Find the [buttons] section, and then, within it, a line starting off

n=Pj,b ....

where n is simply a line number and j,b are the joy/button numbers.

Now, this does one "decrement". You need 3 of those. So make two more copies of that line, with increasing line numbers. Now that same switch selection will do 3 decrements -- placing the switch in the left most (APP) position no matter where is was before. This part will apply to all of the other positions too.

To get to "MAP" from there we need two Increments. So make two more copies with increasing line numbers, and change the last number on those two lines from

17 to 16 (the parameter for increase).

Now selecting "MAP" will do 5 operations -- 3 decrements and two increments, so reaching the correct position!

Okay? Do you understand now? Just apply this logic to all 4 positions.

Note that there will be shorter ways for some positions. Representing incr by + and decr by - you could do it most efficiently like this:

APP - - -

VOR - - - +

MAP + + + -

PLN + + +

So, a maximum of 4 operations listed for any of the 4 switch positions.

Note that this method is not very efficient and may appear slow. To speed it up you would need to make a new Lua plug-in to handle the switch instead. Try it first, though, till you understand what is going on. It isn't hard to understand, not really, it is just doing what it says, turning the knob to one extreme then back again. Then, if it isn't very satisfactory, we can look at constructing a Lua plug-in.

Regards

Pete

Presuming your go flight mode dial is set out APP VOR MAP PLN, to get to each setting you need to do this with the ND decrease and increase functions in macros in the FSUIPC.ini;

APP = -3 (dec) + 0 (i.e. leave out the increase) assign this to Go Flight EFIS Button 16

VOR = -3 (dec) + 1 (inc) assign this to Go Flight EFIS Button 17

MAP = -3 (dec) + 2 (inc) assign this to Go Flight EFIS Button 18

PLN = -3 (dec) + 3 (inc) assign this to Go Flight EFIS Button 19

EDIT: You beat me to it Pete, lol. Also my version isn't as efficient.

Er ... you cannot do what I suggested by simple assignments in FSUIPC. You have to either create a new Lua plugin, (or add to the one you have already) or edit the assignments in your FSUIPC INI file.

Evidently.

Let's try it by editing the INI file.

Assign the button number you get by turning TO the "MAP" position "parameter 17 (decrease)". Remember the joy/button numbers.

Press OK.

Load the INI file into an editor like NotePad.

Find the [buttons] section, and then, within it, a line starting off

n=Pj,b ....

where n is simply a line number and j,b are the joy/button numbers.

Now, this does one "decrement". You need 3 of those. So make two more copies of that line, with increasing line numbers. Now that same switch selection will do 3 decrements -- placing the switch in the left most (APP) position no matter where is was before. This part will apply to all of the other positions too.

To get to "MAP" from there we need two Increments. So make two more copies with increasing line numbers, and change the last number on those two lines from

Now selecting "MAP" will do 5 operations -- 3 decrements and two increments, so reaching the correct position!

Okay? Do you understand now? Just apply this logic to all 4 positions.

Note that there will be shorter ways for some positions. Representing incr by + and decr by - you could do it most efficiently like this:

APP - - -

VOR - - - +

MAP + + + -

PLN + + +

So, a maximum of 4 operations listed for any of the 4 switch positions.

Note that this method is not very efficient and may appear slow. To speed it up you would need to make a new Lua plug-in to handle the switch instead. Try it first, though, till you understand what is going on. It isn't hard to understand, not really, it is just doing what it says, turning the knob to one extreme then back again. Then, if it isn't very satisfactory, we can look at constructing a Lua plug-in.

Regards

Pete

Pete

I did what you said, beggining by assigning to Map (button 18) the parameter 17 of LUA PDMG747, which created in the ini the line: 30=P170,18,CL1:R,17.-

I followed then your instructions copying and modifying the line so I created 5 lines for each function, but it doesnt work, also I could see that in the FSUIPC buttons box, switching buttons 16 to 19 shows them grayed out with parameter 17 set.-

All the other GF Efis device functions work OK.-

I configurated all as jets profile specific.-

The relevant lines of my ini are:

[LuaFiles]

1=PDMG747

[buttons.Jets]

0=P170,4,CL1:R,3

1=P170,3,CL1:R,4

2=P170,13,CL1:R,7

3=P170,15,CL1:R,23

4=P170,12,CL1:R,8

5=P170,28,CL1:R,10

6=P170,14,CL1:R,24

7=P170,30,CL1:R,20

8=P170,31,CL1:R,21

9=P170,2,CL1:R,5

14=P170,9,K88,14

15=P170,8,K87,14

20=P170,1,CL1:R,6

21=P170,29,CL1:R,10

22=P170,11,K90,14

23=P170,10,K89,14

28=P170,6,CL1:R,2

30=P170,18,CL1:R,17

31=P170,18,CL1:R,17

32=P170,18,CL1:R,17

33=P170,18,CL1:R,16

34=P170,18,CL1:R,16

35=P170,17,CL1:R,17

36=P170,17,CL1:R,17

37=P170,17,CL1:R,17

38=P170,17,CL1:R,16

39=P170,17,CL1:R,16

40=P170,16,CL1:R,17

41=P170,16,CL1:R,17

42=P170,16,CL1:R,17

43=P170,16,CL1:R,16

44=P170,16,CL1:R,16

45=P170,19,CL1:R,17

46=P170,19,CL1:R,17

47=P170,19,CL1:R,17

48=P170,19,CL1:R,16

49=P170,19,CL1:R,16

I remember you that the button numbers of the Mode knob positions are from left to right: VOR: 17, MAP: 18, PLN: 19, and App: 16.-

Thanks for you patience

Jorge

Presuming your go flight mode dial is set out APP VOR MAP PLN, to get to each setting you need to do this with the ND decrease and increase functions in macros in the FSUIPC.ini;

APP = -3 (dec) + 0 (i.e. leave out the increase) assign this to Go Flight EFIS Button 16

VOR = -3 (dec) + 1 (inc) assign this to Go Flight EFIS Button 17

MAP = -3 (dec) + 2 (inc) assign this to Go Flight EFIS Button 18

PLN = -3 (dec) + 3 (inc) assign this to Go Flight EFIS Button 19

EDIT: You beat me to it Pete, lol. Also my version isn't as efficient.

Thanks Andydigital

I wait for Pete response.-

Regards

Jorge

I did what you said, beggining by assigning to Map (button 18) the parameter 17 of LUA PDMG747, which created in the ini the line: 30=P170,18,CL1:R,17.-

I followed then your instructions copying and modifying the line so I created 5 lines for each function

How do you work out there should be 5 lines for each? You aren't reading what is being written here!!!

I could see that in the FSUIPC buttons box, switching buttons 16 to 19 shows them grayed out with parameter 17 set.-

Yes, that's correct. Once a button is programmed with multiple entries in the INI file you cannot change it in the Options screen.

The relevant lines of my ini are:

Yes, and look how wrong they are:

You have all 4 buttons doing EXACTLY the same thing. How on Earth can they make different selections if they all do the same thing? You are not reading what I've been saying at all! :-(

You have programmed every one to do 3 decrements (so going to "APP"), then 2 increments (so going to "MAP"). Don't you see that? Please THINK about what you are doing!

Regards

Pete

How do you work out there should be 5 lines for each? You aren't reading what is being written here!!!

Yes, that's correct. Once a button is programmed with multiple entries in the INI file you cannot change it in the Options screen.

Yes, and look how wrong they are:

You have all 4 buttons doing EXACTLY the same thing. How on Earth can they make different selections if they all do the same thing? You are not reading what I've been saying at all! :-(

You have programmed every one to do 3 decrements (so going to "APP"), then 2 increments (so going to "MAP"). Don't you see that? Please THINK about what you are doing!

Regards

Pete

Perhaps my English understanding is dificult,as it is not my language, or maybe you didnt explain it clearly, or something is missing.-

Of course I also guessed the same about having all 4 buttons doing the same thing, but you said exactly: "So make two more copies of that line, with increasing line numbers. Now that same switch selection will do 3 decrements" , as I asumed you referred to the first line created: "30=P170,18,CL1:R,17" I made 2 copies changing only the line numbers,leaving the decrement parameter, what else could I understand ?.- Also: "So make two more copies with increasing line numbers, and change the last number on those two lines from 17 to 16 (the parameter for increase).", I did it so, and again, what else could it be understood about it ?.- Although my programming capabilities are null, I really think I am not so dumb, so something is missing at your explanation.- Maybe the button numbers have to be changed in each line, but the sequence is not clear to me.-

Regards

Jorge

Using Pete's efficient method you should be doing this;

APP - - - 17 17 17

VOR - - - + 17 17 17 16

MAP + + + - 16 16 16 17

PLN + + + 16 16 16

Which translates to;

30=APP
30.1=P170,16,CL1:R,17
30.2=P170,16,CL1:R,17
30.3=P170,16,CL1:R,17

31=VOR
31.1=P170,17,CL1:R,17
31.2=P170,17,CL1:R,17
31.3=P170,17,CL1:R,17
31.4=P170,17,CL1:R,16

32=MAP
32.1=P170,18,CL1:R,16
32.2=P170,18,CL1:R,16
32.3=P170,18,CL1:R,16
32.4=P170,18,CL1:R,17

33=PLN
33.1=P170,19,CL1:R,16
33.2=P170,19,CL1:R,16
33.3=P170,19,CL1:R,16

There I did it for you, its the last time I will though :wink:

Using Pete's efficient method you should be doing this;

APP - - - 17 17 17

VOR - - - + 17 17 17 16

MAP + + + - 16 16 16 17

PLN + + + 16 16 16

Which translates to;

30=APP

31=VOR

32=MAP

33=PLN

There I did it for you, its the last time I will though :wink:

Thanks Andydigital.-

I cut and paste the lines you kindly sent, but no way, it doesnt work.-

The relevant lines of the ini looks like this now:

[LuaFiles]

1=PDMG747

[buttons.Jets]

0=P170,4,CL1:R,3

1=P170,3,CL1:R,4

2=P170,13,CL1:R,7

3=P170,15,CL1:R,23

4=P170,12,CL1:R,8

5=P170,28,CL1:R,10

6=P170,14,CL1:R,24

7=P170,30,CL1:R,20

8=P170,31,CL1:R,21

9=P170,2,CL1:R,5

14=P170,9,K88,14

15=P170,8,K87,14

20=P170,1,CL1:R,6

21=P170,29,CL1:R,10

22=P170,11,K90,14

23=P170,10,K89,14

28=P170,6,CL1:R,2

30=APP

31=VOR

32=MAP

33=PLN

Also I tried re-arranging the line numbers in sequence, also deleting the APP, VOR, MAP and PLN reference lines, but no way.-

Regards

Jorge

Have you actually tested your Lua script ND Mode increase/decrease commands to see if they work with keys or joystick buttons?

Looking at my code it appears that the formatting is correct, so I don't think that's the problem.

Is the Lua script for this 747 really listed as number "1" in the [LuaFiles] section of the FSUIPC.ini?

Perhaps my English understanding is dificult,as it is not my language, or maybe you didnt explain it clearly, or something is missing.-

Of course I also guessed the same about having all 4 buttons doing the same thing, but you said exactly: "So make two more copies of that line, with increasing line numbers. Now that same switch selection will do 3 decrements" , as I asumed you referred to the first line created: "30=P170,18,CL1:R,17" I made 2 copies changing only the line numbers,leaving the decrement parameter, what else could I understand ?.- Also: "So make two more copies with increasing line numbers, and change the last number on those two lines from 17 to 16 (the parameter for increase).", I did it so, and again, what else could it be understood about it ?.- Although my programming capabilities are null, I really think I am not so dumb, so something is missing at your explanation.- Maybe the button numbers have to be changed in each line, but the sequence is not clear to me.-

Your trouble appears to be that you only read little parts, not the surrounding context. To put the above in context:

See where it says "To get to "MAP" from there ...", and " Now selecting "MAP" will do 5 operations"? I assumed, obvious incorrectly, that showing you how to do one position would easily allow you to derive the decrement/increments needed to get to the others!

I even went on to show you the faster way, involving never more than 4 values, with sequences of increments (+) and decrements (-), but evidently you chose to ignore that too!

There is no point in me trying to show you how to do things if you do not read all the words, not just select those you want and then wonder why it doesn't work.

I know your excuse is that English is not your native tongue, so I am sorry I cannot translate, but I really do think you are not reading even what is there. :-(

Pete

Have you actually tested your Lua script ND Mode increase/decrease commands to see if they work with keys or joystick buttons?

Looking at my code it appears that the formatting is correct, so I don't think that's the problem

Unfortunately he appears not to understand anything to do with the INI file, Macros or Lua files. Looking at his report, he has cut and pasted your Macro code into the [buttons] section of the FSUIPC INI file, not into any Macro file. To do that he'd need to change your code to:

31=P170,16,CL1:R,17

32=P170,16,CL1:R,17

33=P170,16,CL1:R,17

34=P170,17,CL1:R,17

37=P170,17,CL1:R,16

38=P170,18,CL1:R,16

39=P170,18,CL1:R,16

40=P170,18,CL1:R,16

41=P170,18,CL1:R,17

42=P170,19,CL1:R,16

43=P170,19,CL1:R,16

44=P170,19,CL1:R,16

That's it for me. I'm afraid i don't think I can talk to Jorge in any way which he's going to understand anything I say. :-(

Maybe he needs to find someone who can speak his own language and understands English too.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete, isn't my button macro above calling parameters in his Lua script? Thats why I asked him to confirm his Lua script does actually do what he thinks it should, the script is the most likely place for the issue now I think. I must admit button macros like this is something I've never done before, so I wanted to confirm my bit isn't at fault.

Hi Pete, isn't my button macro above calling parameters in his Lua script?

Yes, but he didn't put your macro code into a Macro file for reference in his INI file, he put your macros into the [buttons.Jets] section of his INI file where they'll be rejected as invalidly formatted lines. Macros go in macro files.

Thats why I asked him to confirm his Lua script does actually do what he thinks it should,

I don't think he'd know either way as it isn't his Lua at all, it's one he got from the User Contributions subforum. If I thought he could handle Lua file editing I'd have explained a much more efficient way of accomplishing the whole thing in any case. I was going to follow through with such, as I hinted at right at the start, but since he understands hardly anything I write, or possibly simply doesn't read much of it, it really would be pointless. I hope he can find someone who can speak his language.

Regards

Pete