The simFlight Network Forums

MD-11 Missing repaint?

Thralni

Hey guys,

I was at KJFK (default, with MTX AFCAD of course), with 25% airliner density on 6-8-2011, at 13:04 (local time). At the north cargo apron, I saw two black planes out of three: all were MD-11 (or DC-10, I guess), one being an Aeroflot Cargo aicraft, but the other two were black. I suppose these are the same model, and thus a repaint is probably ill defined in the aircraft.cfg. Could anybody maybe check up and see if they can find out what airline this could possibly be? As a sidenote, this is the only plane I found to have missing textures so far.

Hey guys,

I was at KJFK (default, with MTX AFCAD of course), with 25% airliner density on 6-8-2011, at 13:04 (local time). At the north cargo apron, I saw two black planes out of three: all were MD-11 (or DC-10, I guess), one being an Aeroflot Cargo aicraft, but the other two were black. I suppose these are the same model, and thus a repaint is probably ill defined in the aircraft.cfg. Could anybody maybe check up and see if they can find out what airline this could possibly be? As a sidenote, this is the only plane I found to have missing textures so far.

It is easy to distinguish between MD11 and DC10 - the MD11 s have winglets. You have a full 5.3b installed or updated?

At 13:00 local time there are an AFL DC10, one FDX MD11 and two Cargo Italia MD11 in JFK. Very likely you dont see these? Do you have a folder MD11MX/texture.My22 and My23? If not here is the My22 folder, what is the highest you have?

texture.My22.zip

I'll check if the AFL is a DC-10 or MD-11, but there is an AFL there, so I guess it's the DC-10. I don't see a FDX MD-11, but I checked at KMEM whether the FDX MD-11 is okay, and there I saw several textured FDX MD-11 aircraft. So, I guess the Cargo Italia is the problem.

I looked in the folder you described, but in MD11MX, I have all texture folders, they go up to 25. Since you mentioned 22 and 23, I also looked in the MD11FMX folder, and there I saw that there is no texture.my22. I suspect this the problem: the texture folder is simply missing, although I'm not sure why this is the case. I have MTX5.3b. I updated using the separate installer, since the update function of the communicator was acquiring info from the server for ages without doing anything. So, I simply stopped it and downloaded it manually.

Can I simply put contents of the zip file you attached in the MD11FMX folder, or do I have to complete some other steps too?

I'll check if the AFL is a DC-10 or MD-11, but there is an AFL there, so I guess it's the DC-10. I don't see a FDX MD-11, but I checked at KMEM whether the FDX MD-11 is okay, and there I saw several textured FDX MD-11 aircraft. So, I guess the Cargo Italia is the problem.

I looked in the folder you described, but in MD11MX, I have all texture folders, they go up to 25. Since you mentioned 22 and 23, I also looked in the MD11FMX folder, and there I saw that there is no texture.my22. I suspect this the problem: the texture folder is simply missing, although I'm not sure why this is the case. I have MTX5.3b. I updated using the separate installer, since the update function of the communicator was acquiring info from the server for ages without doing anything. So, I simply stopped it and downloaded it manually.

Can I simply put contents of the zip file you attached in the MD11FMX folder, or do I have to complete some other steps too?

You are right and it was too early this morning, this is for the MD11FMX folder. So will add it to the patch, also th My23 Centurion.