The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and Saitek PZ46 instrument LCD panel

Pete,

I just downloaded and registered FSUIPC and it works great!

I could not get FSUIPC to pickup-acknowledge a button push from the Saitek Pro Flight: PZ46 LCD panel.

Some questions:

a. Can the FSUIPC pickup-acknowledge and read the buttons from the LCD panel?

b. Can the FSUIPC assign any additional instrument gauges to the LCD panel?

The LCD panel is pre-programmed with the following:

• Altimeter
  • Altitude Indicator
  • Airspeed Indicator
  • Compass
  • Turn and Slip indicator
  • Vertical Speed
  • Horizontal Situation Indicator
  • Omni-Bearing Indicator (VOR1 & VOR2)
  • ADF
  • Fuel, Temp, RMP, Oil Gauges

c. I would like to get a RPM, MP and other gauges to show up on one of the LCD panels.

d. Also, do you know if I can always have a certain LCD panel always show the same gauge?

thanks for you help, Jack

I could not get FSUIPC to pickup-acknowledge a button push from the Saitek Pro Flight: PZ46 LCD panel.

I expect it is either not a joystick device (according to Windows), or is assigning to button numbers beyond the 32 that FSUIPC can see.

Can the FSUIPC pickup-acknowledge and read the buttons from the LCD panel?

Sorry, but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to know. I don't have such a device and I've certainly got no relationship with Saitek at all. But I thought you just said it couldn't. Can Flight Sim see the buttons?

Can the FSUIPC assign any additional instrument gauges to the LCD panel?

No. FSUIPC has no display facilities whatsoever except in the Lua library for GoFlight devices.

Also, do you know if I can always have a certain LCD panel always show the same gauge?

Sorry, i don't know the device at all. This is a question for Saitek I believe.

Regards

Pete

Pete,

Thanks for the prompt reply and the explanation.

I think you are right on your quote: I expect it is either not a joystick device (according to Windows), or is assigning to button numbers beyond the 32 that FSUIPC can see.

In the FSUIPC INI file, it does not show up. I have 3 other Saitek items that do, but not the instrument LCD panel. When I view the Windows 7 device area, the Saitek Instrument panel is in the unspecified area and the other 3 items that do show up are in Reconized area in the Windows 7 device.

Question:

Do you know how to get Windows 7 to reconize it, based on your comment? I expect it is either not a joystick device (according to Windows)

Thanks again for your help,

Jack

Do you know how to get Windows 7 to reconize it, based on your comment? I expect it is either not a joystick device (according to Windows)

As Ian says, if it is not a standard joystick or other USB device which Windows handles (like keyboards, mice, and external storage devices) then it needs its own driver, which Saitek should have provided. Whether Saitek also provide tools for controlling it differently I don't know.

If you are into programming you could use the HID facilities in the Lua com library to write a plug-in to handle it. But first you'd need to hack into the protocol using something like the Aggsoft Advanced USB port monitor (http://www.aggsoft.com).

Regards

Pete

Ivan & Pete,

Thanks for the reply. I was able to work with them today and they did have some beta software they loaded on my PC to make the instrument panels show another 6 displays and also showed me where to change the programming to pull in any gauge I wanted.

Thanks again for the help,

Jack

Ivan & Pete,

Thanks for the reply. I was able to work with them today and they did have some beta software they loaded on my PC to make the instrument panels show another 6 displays and also showed me where to change the programming to pull in any gauge I wanted.

Thanks again for the help,

Jack

Hi flyenid,

Great you find your way but could you please share more specifically your experience with this device with the community? Perhaps this can be useful to others. :)

I must admit that I curious about that as I'm about to return to the PZ46 to create some extra panels.

Thanks