The simFlight Network Forums

United and Continental before the merger

Thralni

Hey all,

I don't intend to be a phenomal pain in the back, but I was wondering if there is a possibility to get Continental and United back as they were before the merger? I've never been a fan of the Continental livery, and I really like the last United livery. That, and I miss hearing the Continental callsign over the radio. Would there be such a possibility, or has it gotten impossible in the meantime?

Hey all,

I don't intend to be a phenomal pain in the back, but I was wondering if there is a possibility to get Continental and United back as they were before the merger? I've never been a fan of the Continental livery, and I really like the last United livery. That, and I miss hearing the Continental callsign over the radio. Would there be such a possibility, or has it gotten impossible in the meantime?

Turning the time back is easy in MyTraffic. Start the editor, load the data base, set the year back to 2010, make a create all files or traffic, and you are back there.

Alternatively, use the edit types dialogue, and edit as example A320-Un1 . You will get three instances that differ in the title called and in the years they are valid. Shift the years up to when you are ready for it, make a create all files or traffic, and you get the last years colors back for that type.

Wow. That's indeed terribly easy. Thanks for the prompt reply! I thought the old planes were simply overwritten with the new ones...

No, they get added, so automatically we get a nearby historical section filled up. In the ideal world, if the models never need to be remade, at least, so as long as we are in the happy situation that no new Flight Simulator comes out...

I see, good way of handling it!

If I understood correctly, I open up the editor, load the "MTX_V53b.myt" database, then go to "Create" and select the option "Schedules, file and traffic", right?

EDIT: Never mind. I did that, and the the other option in the "Create" menu, and I have all the United and Continental planes back. KORD really becomes more beautiful with all the Blue United planes taxiing around.

I see, good way of handling it!

If I understood correctly, I open up the editor, load the "MTX_V53b.myt" database, then go to "Create" and select the option "Schedules, file and traffic", right?

EDIT: Never mind. I did that, and the the other option in the "Create" menu, and I have all the United and Continental planes back. KORD really becomes more beautiful with all the Blue United planes taxiing around.

Turning the time wheel is fun, sometimes...