The simFlight Network Forums

Gear not showing

gets

While beta testing 5.3b, I noticed that the landing gear on my AI traffic will not show up until I get much closer than the previous version. I forgot what the problem was you sent me in an email. It had something to do with settings in GPU I think.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bob G.

post-12314-0-15445900-1304890084_thumb.j

There are several things contributing, overall what you see is really low resolution, from that distance you should be able to read the titles.

a ) Set your grafics driver to maximal quality.

b ) Do not use any tool to improve frame rates. MyTraffic is programmed for maximal performance with acceptable quality with drivers at max quality, and no fsx.cfg tweak. All the "enhancers" just tell FSX to reduce the quality, like putting the LOD switching points at half the distance, so if you did use any of these tools, they add a line I don't know containing LOD somewhere.

c) In another thread, we also determined that all GPU drivers treat wide screen monitors different than standard monitors, so that on all wide screen monitors these switching points are about 30-50% too near. Internally, DSX seams to treat a 1920X1080 monitor the same as 1280x1080. Therefore, I purchased a wide screen mointor now myself and am working on a way to add a wide screen option to the aircraft quality selection for version 5.4 to be released this autumn. Requiring a rebuild of all models, this is a task of MANY hundred hours of work.

The picture you showed, unless you used a very strong jpeg compression, seems to indicate you see a combination of these three effects.

Hi Burkhard. I have read your reply and can only add this. I have done nothing to my cfg file between using 5.3a and beta testing 5.3b. In my email to you during the beta testing, the only thing I noticed was that the landing gear would not appear on AI aircraft "after" I was using the beta version. The gear does appear when I get very close to the AI aircraft but I didn't have this problem before 5.3b.

I have no LOD lines added to my CFG file.

Thanks again.

Bob G.

Hi Burkhard. I have read your reply and can only add this. I have done nothing to my cfg file between using 5.3a and beta testing 5.3b. In my email to you during the beta testing, the only thing I noticed was that the landing gear would not appear on AI aircraft "after" I was using the beta version. The gear does appear when I get very close to the AI aircraft but I didn't have this problem before 5.3b.

I have no LOD lines added to my CFG file.

Thanks again.

Bob G.

Which aircraft do you refer to? Most of the models in 5.3b are the same as in 5.3a, so it cannot have to do with the MyTraffic version. If I remember correctly, only the A320 have been changed, and on them the switching point has been put further away from the user.

Did you get my llast weeks emails to the beta system, if not please email me again and I can send it, since it might be interesting to test what I'm working on on your setup...

Which aircraft do you refer to? Most of the models in 5.3b are the same as in 5.3a, so it cannot have to do with the MyTraffic version. If I remember correctly, only the A320 have been changed, and on them the switching point has been put further away from the user.

Did you get my llast weeks emails to the beta system, if not please email me again and I can send it, since it might be interesting to test what I'm working on on your setup...

Thanks for the email. I installed it but still have the same problem. I have my GPU settings to HIGH QUALILTY and as you can see, some aircraft have their gear showing and some don't.

Bob G.

post-12314-0-45123300-1305319984_thumb.j

Thanks for the email. I installed it but still have the same problem. I have my GPU settings to HIGH QUALILTY and as you can see, some aircraft have their gear showing and some don't.

Bob G.

I see several problems on this pictures. Several different aircraft have their gears showing and wheels below tarmac if you look precise enough. Which airport is it - it looks like a problem between airport and mesh, do you have an addon mesh scenery installed? Some FSX airport have such problems, so I first have to look at the same airport.

The A320 in the background the switching appears earlier than on my wide screen and far earlier than on my standard screen, you will get an email from me.