The simFlight Network Forums

Is there a Tutorial on Creating AI Flights Here?

Rt4957

Very new to FSX,and happily got my version of My traffic X working last night,after finding a conflicting Bgl that kept it from working.

I like simulating flying out of Nellis AFB,visited there in real life often,and have a general idea of Real Departure routes (Dream 2,Fyttr Low) and such.

I`d like to have some F15 or F16 AI Fly in a simulated "Red Flag" scenario to the 48** restricted areas,and possibly fill the Ramp with a few squadrons of Aircraft.

Now that I finally have traffic (Before it was like flying on the moon,,nothing else in the sky),I`d like to have stuff departing and arriving to simulate a Weapons school recovery,or a Red Flag mission push.

Where can I find info how to do this,Such as finding the Afcad for Nellis,and writing a schedule and route.?

Thanks for any help

Phil

Rt4957

Very new to FSX,and happily got my version of My traffic X working last night,after finding a conflicting Bgl that kept it from working.

I like simulating flying out of Nellis AFB,visited there in real life often,and have a general idea of Real Departure routes (Dream 2,Fyttr Low) and such.

I`d like to have some F15 or F16 AI Fly in a simulated "Red Flag" scenario to the 48** restricted areas,and possibly fill the Ramp with a few squadrons of Aircraft.

Now that I finally have traffic (Before it was like flying on the moon,,nothing else in the sky),I`d like to have stuff departing and arriving to simulate a Weapons school recovery,or a Red Flag mission push.

Where can I find info how to do this,Such as finding the Afcad for Nellis,and writing a schedule and route.?

Thanks for any help

Phil

Rt4957

First welcome! Your project looks like an ambitious one, and you should divide it into several parts, and keep us updated about the project since it leaves the normal limits of AI traffic.

One Question is easy to answer, the the Airport ( sometimes still called AFCAD ) with ICAO as identifier can be found under MyTraffic\scenery\BR2_ICAO.bgl, so as example Barksdale is MyTraffic\scenery\BR2_KBAD.bgl. You can import that to ADE and modify, and if you got a significant more realistic version share it with us here.

Schedules can be made using the MyTraffic Editor, there is a long manual for it. AI schedules always are between two airports, that limits its usage in military applications to some AI traffic background, real life looks different.

So it may be that by creating AI schedules you cannot completely achieve what you want to achieve. So as next step, maybe you test MyTrafficInteractive that allows you to add ANY flight plan to an AI aircraft, even one that comes back to the airport. In the working pipe there still is a project to add a store and load of what you define inside MTI, maybe you have some proposals what would be useful there.

Hope I set you on track...

Thanks for the reply.

Actually,,in tweaking my settings,,I happily find that I really don`t need to tweak any Afcads,,Both Nellis and Edwards have PLENTY of ramp traffic.

I had had my settings to where I thought correct,,but I went back and played with the sliders to try for 100% on a few settings and Find that You guys Really worked hard and did your homework on these places,,Edwards even has "Clown" painted jets (The white and Orange ones) which are to prototype,,and at Nellis,,I found a few planes flying out to the ranges,,so I`m EXTREMELY happy.

Thanks for your support,,and filling my sky with stuff to fly with

Rt4957 Phil