The simFlight Network Forums

QW757 EPR button

Maybe it has been discussed a long time ago...

Can I assign the EPR button with QW757 using FSUIPC ?

What's an "EPR" button? I thought the Engine Pressure Ratio was a gauge value, not a function?

If it is something specific to that add-on aircraft, you'd need to check if they've made provisions for a keyboard short-cut for it. If not then you'd have to investigate other possibilities like mouse macros or local gauge variables (L:vars). I note that in this thread:

folks list the QW757 as non-mouse macro friendly, so maybe it uses L:vars?

Regards

Pete

For what it's worth, I was unable to capture any panel variable for that QW757 function. Quality Wings did not respond to a request for a list of keyboard assignments.

Using Key2mouse is most likely the only way to assign the function to keys then to a joystick button using FSUIPC.

Best,

Jim Harnes

Just for info, Pete, the B767 and B757, along with some other aircraft, have an "EPR" autothrottle function that basically programs the auto throttle to run at maximum EPR value until told otherwise.

Ian P.

For what it's worth, I was unable to capture any panel variable for that QW757 function. Quality Wings did not respond to a request for a list of keyboard assignments.

Using Key2mouse is most likely the only way to assign the function to keys then to a joystick button using FSUIPC.

Ah, i clean forgot we talked about that a year or so ago! Here's the link to your thread back then:

Thanks!

Pete

Just for info, Pete, the B767 and B757, along with some other aircraft, have an "EPR" autothrottle function that basically programs the auto throttle to run at maximum EPR value until told otherwise.

Ah, yes. Thanks. Same sort of thing as the N1 button on the 737, which is based on the N1% value set. Of course 737's don't use the EPR.

I have been concentrating on 737 so much i forget all about other things that I definitely once knew!

In FS the TO/GA control does more or less the same thing, at least for default aircraft. i.e. the control called "Auto throttle to GA".

Regards

Pete

Raam123,

Create a macro for the QW757 and assign the following LVAR to your joystick button for EPR.

[Macros]

1=L:thrust=toggle

I'm currently working through trying to combat some of the quirks with the QW757, but I have successfully set up the EPR and various other buttons using the above method. The only thing left is to get the altitude and hdg working properly.

• 1 month later...

Raam123,

Create a macro for the QW757 and assign the following LVAR to your joystick button for EPR.

[Macros]

1=L:thrust=toggle

I'm currently working through trying to combat some of the quirks with the QW757, but I have successfully set up the EPR and various other buttons using the above method. The only thing left is to get the altitude and hdg working properly.

I know it has been a while but can you please specify how execlty ?

Thank you.