The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rsvette12

Flightplan from specific gate

Hi Guys:

Wondering how I create a flight plan from a specific gate when I create one it places me on a ramdom runway when asked if I want to go there when loading FSC plan, thank you.

Rich

Figured it out when you load a flightplan from in fsx when it asks you if you want to move the aircraft you just say no and it still loads the plan go figure.

Rich

You figured out exactly what I was going to suggest trying. ;)

That's actually the way it is designed to work (FSX, not FSC...) - one reason for this is that you can file a flight plan once you are in the air. If you are going to do that, you don't want to be instantly transported back to your start point, so can select not to be moved to to the beginning of the plan.

Regarding the runway being "random", it isn't - it's the active runway. If you don't select somewhere specific at an airport to start a flight, it will place you at the start of the runway FSX has selected to use depending on the weather in the sim at the time. With no weather loaded, it will be the closest runway heading to magnetic north.

Glad you worked it out.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Maybe I don't understand the question but . . .

In the flight plan window under the "OK" and above the Keys icon there is an icon that looks like a spreadsheet. If you click it, it will bring up the waypoint window. Select the "gate assignment tab and highlight the gate that you want to start at. Click the OK button back in the flight plan window. Now when you load the flight plan in FSX you will be at the gate or ramp you selected.

Hi Tom:

So by your directions I will be at gate selected but it does not show up on fsc screen right, thanks Tom, oh could you answer my question on panning say I was zoomed up anyway to pan around in the screen seems weird that you can't thanks.

Regards, Rich