The simFlight Network Forums

Using 3rd party AI Aircraft

Burkhard

A short while ago repaints appeared for the IL96-300 for Aeroflot and I was hoping to use these with MyTraffic. I have the original aircraft from SKJ.

I tried using the MyTraffic Interactive to include these AI AC

The process I followed (having started My Traffic Interactive) was:

Alter My Traffic Type to SKJ IL96 (the folder in which the ac are stored)

Change title in "Title in aircraft cfg" by copying from entry in cfg

Press createAI aircraft button but status button now reads "object error, does it exist" and I have to close My Traffic Interactive

Is there anyway of using these aircraft instead of the ones included with MyTraffic

My reason for wanting to use these new repaints is that the pack includes the 5 ac with different numbers

Dave Butler

Burkhard

A short while ago repaints appeared for the IL96-300 for Aeroflot and I was hoping to use these with MyTraffic. I have the original aircraft from SKJ.

I tried using the MyTraffic Interactive to include these AI AC

The process I followed (having started My Traffic Interactive) was:

Alter My Traffic Type to SKJ IL96 (the folder in which the ac are stored)

Change title in "Title in aircraft cfg" by copying from entry in cfg

Press createAI aircraft button but status button now reads "object error, does it exist" and I have to close My Traffic Interactive

Is there anyway of using these aircraft instead of the ones included with MyTraffic

My reason for wanting to use these new repaints is that the pack includes the 5 ac with different numbers

Dave Butler

Of course I cannot warrent fourth party ( you, me Microsoft=3) aircraft to work. The MTI folder contains ASCI files containing all the MyTraffic models, I propose you add these types there, then you can easily call the 5 different models.

Of course I cannot warrent fourth party ( you, me Microsoft=3) aircraft to work. The MTI folder contains ASCI files containing all the MyTraffic models, I propose you add these types there, then you can easily call the 5 different models.

Burkhard

Many thanks for your prompt reply

I presume I edit the file MyAircraft.dat. However what entry should I make?

Currently my IL96 folder is installed as SKJ IL96 should this folder be inside the aircraft folder within MyTraffic

This is the current entry in MyAircraft.dat:

Il96-Aerofl1 ,Il96-MyPaint00 , 512, 4000,32000, 750, 6000, 7400,HARD , 31,GATE ,100,yes,no

If I copy the folder over to MyAircraft would my entry in MyAircraft.dat look something like:

IL96-Aerofll96005 ,Aeroflot SKJ_IL96 RA-96005(cfg entry) ,512 etc

Dave Butler

Burkhard

Many thanks for your prompt reply

I presume I edit the file MyAircraft.dat. However what entry should I make?

Currently my IL96 folder is installed as SKJ IL96 should this folder be inside the aircraft folder within MyTraffic

This is the current entry in MyAircraft.dat:

Il96-Aerofl1 ,Il96-MyPaint00 , 512, 4000,32000, 750, 6000, 7400,HARD , 31,GATE ,100,yes,no

If I copy the folder over to MyAircraft would my entry in MyAircraft.dat look something like:

IL96-Aerofll96005 ,Aeroflot SKJ_IL96 RA-96005(cfg entry) ,512 etc

Dave Butler

It should be MyTypes.dat that gets read, because that contains all the information but the registrations and some varibales required later when creating the flight plans. I tried to add it, but for some reason it did not show up in MTI, so I have to look into this more in debth.

I now had a detailed look back into what the program actual does, and must admit that I completely forgot a change that was introduced due to a user request.

This user wanted to be able to induce aircraft from the time machine into the actual flying - place a Concorde to CDG or similar. Therefore, the file that is read is taken from those folders that know of the time machine, which is ..\MT_Plans\1990 or one of these folders, so the actual file that gets red now and forms the basis of the MTI when it starts up is ..\MT_Plans\2010_DX9\MyAircraft.dat , while MTI\MyTypes.dat only serves to associate the airline information to the type, and MTI\MyPlanes.dat contains registrations.

Now this is not what you need to add fourth party planes, is makes no sense you change ..\MT_Plans\2010_DX9\MyAircraft.dat, therefore I made a small change to the executable to be able to read the local MTI\MyAircraft.dat, changed this is the documentation too. Just install the attachment. MyAircraft.dat as well as the other files are read as fixed format, so you may have to cut excessively long titles. I also put to IL96-AFL s into it, I hope this works now, please report.

MTI.zip

I now had a detailed look back into what the program actual does, and must admit that I completely forgot a change that was introduced due to a user request.

This user wanted to be able to induce aircraft from the time machine into the actual flying - place a Concorde to CDG or similar. Therefore, the file that is read is taken from those folders that know of the time machine, which is ..\MT_Plans\1990 or one of these folders, so the actual file that gets red now and forms the basis of the MTI when it starts up is ..\MT_Plans\2010_DX9\MyAircraft.dat , while MTI\MyTypes.dat only serves to associate the airline information to the type, and MTI\MyPlanes.dat contains registrations.

Now this is not what you need to add fourth party planes, is makes no sense you change ..\MT_Plans\2010_DX9\MyAircraft.dat, therefore I made a small change to the executable to be able to read the local MTI\MyAircraft.dat, changed this is the documentation too. Just install the attachment. MyAircraft.dat as well as the other files are read as fixed format, so you may have to cut excessively long titles. I also put to IL96-AFL s into it, I hope this works now, please report.

Burkhard

Downloaded and installed files.

Started FSX, My Traffic Interactive and connected to FSX

Changed "Title in Aircraft cfg." to Aeroflot SKJ_IL96 RA-96007

Got the following error message? "Object outside Reality Bubble"

Should I move the aircraft file into the MyTraffic folder

Dave Butler

Burkhard

Downloaded and installed files.

Started FSX, My Traffic Interactive and connected to FSX

Changed "Title in Aircraft cfg." to Aeroflot SKJ_IL96 RA-96007

Got the following error message? "Object outside Reality Bubble"

Should I move the aircraft file into the MyTraffic folder

Dave Butler

AI traffic only exists in the reality buble, which is a circle of approx 120 miles radius around the current position of the user plane. You cannot create AI traffic further away, that gives the message you state. What FSX does with schedules is that it testes them from time to time if their aircraft would be in the bubble, and then creates the AI aircraft.