The simFlight Network Forums

Newbie MyTraffic Interactive - Staus Error????

akarr

Hi all...

I'm getting this error when I try to add Airplanes to PANC ...and or any Airport....???

( In My Traffic Interactive )

Status Message Box: Object Error - dose it exist!

When I start My Traffic Com - it says SDK found:

I have the MyTraffic Planes - in an other Hard Drive....

edited the fsx.cfg as follows:

[Main]

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

SimObjectPaths.6=H://1 FSX MyTrafficX/MyTraffic\Aircraft

was -

SimObjectPaths.6=MyTraffic\Aircraft

Is this why I get Status error.....or am I missing something here...???

Do I need to do something in My Traffic Editor...????

IMO... next version....Have a Set Path .....in Options window....with path checks....<grins>

Thanx

CJ

Well, I can see a screaming great error in your edit so yes, that is probably what is generating the message.

Check your /s and \s...

H:// is wrong. Try H:\MyTraffic\Aircraft if that's where you've put it - you may need to edit the path accordingly.

You're mixing web addressing (http://...) with local drive addressing (C:\...)

Ian P.

Well, I can see a screaming great error in your edit so yes, that is probably what is generating the message.

Check your /s and \s...

H:// is wrong. Try H:\MyTraffic\Aircraft if that's where you've put it - you may need to edit the path accordingly.

You're mixing web addressing (http://...) with local drive addressing (C:\...)

Ian P.

Hell Ian.... and Andy

Changed the path.....

H:\1 FSX MyTrafficX/MyTraffic\Aircraft

Still get error...

and that is the correct location...

I'm not aware of that ever being a problem, but it's not impossible. Replace them with underscores (_) or just take them out and see?

Cheers,

Ian P.

TY Andy and Ian....

I now have the MyTraffic Interactive...showing or creating Aircraft.......GREAT.....

But now FSX ...crashes.... I have be trying myTraffic....without a FSX Booster....

I have been using iObit....Booster...and/ or was using FSX Booster... which...FSX booster 3.5 was causing FSX to Crash...

I will try the iObit..to see if Crashes...

Would be Nice to have a Re-Connect to FSX....Button....instead of Exiting MyT Interactive...

to reboot MyTraffic Int.....( IMO....,grins>

Couple of other Questions....Please...

How do you see the traffic created...with myT-x... in FSX....

and if you are trying to take-off and have a Line of planes ahead of you...is there a way to Kill Them...or push them behind...you....

( I had read that a free-ware version of AI traffic had that feature...)

There's a tool called AISmooth that will do its best to sort out traffic and allow you to move around without it getting in the way as much, but it isn't as effective in FSX as its FS9 predecessor was, for some reason I don't entirely know.

To be honest, though, if you are experiencing very long waits at runways, you'll need to turn down your traffic settings a few percent, because you're running more AI than the default ATC can cope with at the specific airport(s) you are using. MyTraffic will give you a lot more than default!

Cheers,

Ian P.

The registered version of FSUIPC has a facility called AI Zap or something like that which I have assigned to the delete key on my keyboard, it allows you to delete an AI aircraft in front of you. You can configure the range and cone of destruction as well if I remember correctly, although I left it at the default setting because it works just fine for me as it is.

That's what I use to zap aircraft on final when they annoy me, but it does require a registered version of FSUIPC.

Ian P.

Thanx All....

!!!!! NICE PROGRAM....MyT-x........ I Upgraded from MyT-Lite..

The Zap Airplane is helpful...I have the Paid Copy of....FSUIPC

Update...on the above Stuff...Again...Thank you...Alll

I tried with a Booster Program mentioned above... NO CRASHES.....Whew...Hooooo

Now I have to figure out how to save a Airport with all My Favorites ....Parked at...IT....<grins>

Thanx All....

!!!!! NICE PROGRAM....MyT-x........ I Upgraded from MyT-Lite..

The Zap Airplane is helpful...I have the Paid Copy of....FSUIPC

Update...on the above Stuff...Again...Thank you...Alll

I tried with a Booster Program mentioned above... NO CRASHES.....Whew...Hooooo

Now I have to figure out how to save a Airport with all My Favorites ....Parked at...IT....<grins>

Microsft does not support any installation out of the default pathes. It MAY work very well, but you do this on your own risk, if it does not work Microsoft will not make it working for you.

MTI, and the MT schedules, only adress aircraft through the title= entry . So if the aircraft are available to FSX, they are available to MTI too.

The tool I use to monitor and if necessary delete AI aircraft is the FSX SDK traffic toolbox, you can use this for AI aircraft created with schedules as well as for MTI controlled aircraft. It is not very comfortable, but working...