The simFlight Network Forums

2 questions before purchase

flymia

Hi, so I am thinking of purchasing My Traffic X for FSX. I have two questions.

First which version of the program do I need to purchase to have the option to not display airlines that Ultimate Traffic 2 has. I am currently using Ultimate Traffic 2 but I would like to use My Traffic X also. If there is not an option can I atleast deselect certain airlines from showing so I do not have doulbe AA or BA etc..

2nd: How easy is it to create new flight plans. In UT2 to create airline flightplans it needs to be done in a weekly format so a flight for each day. It is a lot of work and takes a lot of time. I am trying to add my VA I created to my FSX skies this airline has a lot of flights. I am looking for a program which will let me just plug in an arrival and destination and alow the AI plane to do segments between the two airports without having to plug in so much information and one for each segment ,each leg and each day of the week etc.. Is the my traffic editor like this? Or is it as time consuming at the UT2 editor.

Thanks for the help and hopefully once I get some answers I will purchase the program.

Hi, so I am thinking of purchasing My Traffic X for FSX. I have two questions.

First which version of the program do I need to purchase to have the option to not display airlines that Ultimate Traffic 2 has. I am currently using Ultimate Traffic 2 but I would like to use My Traffic X also. If there is not an option can I atleast deselect certain airlines from showing so I do not have doulbe AA or BA etc..

2nd: How easy is it to create new flight plans. In UT2 to create airline flightplans it needs to be done in a weekly format so a flight for each day. It is a lot of work and takes a lot of time. I am trying to add my VA I created to my FSX skies this airline has a lot of flights. I am looking for a program which will let me just plug in an arrival and destination and alow the AI plane to do segments between the two airports without having to plug in so much information and one for each segment ,each leg and each day of the week etc.. Is the my traffic editor like this? Or is it as time consuming at the UT2 editor.

Thanks for the help and hopefully once I get some answers I will purchase the program.

You need MyTraffic Professional to run it parallel to UT2/FSLive, MyTraffic Lite contains the same airlines as UT2 and FSLive do.

There are several ways to create schedules for MyTraffic. They start that you create an airline (MYVA) defining up to four hubs, create a type that belongs to the airline (B738-MYVA1) , pointing to the title= entry of the aircraft.cfg, and add a few regs for the type. Then you can run an autoschedule and the airline will operate form the hubs to meaningful other airports, which means airports that have suitable parkings and are within range, with a bigger likelyhood inside one country. You can define some preferences for this, as to your airline never to visit Libya, or to be frequent at Rome, or what you want as next step of perfection.

In addition, using the mytraffic editor, selecting an airline you can select a type and then send it from one airport to a second ( including one intermediate stop if you want. ) Just give a time when this is supposed to start, and if it can be done within a day it will be made daily or twice daily or whatever to rotate. SIN-JFK will be made weekly, and now you can either place one or two planes on the service to have it 3 weekly or 6 weekly.

This funktion euires that you have FSX Professional of Gold, so that you may have the SDK installed, and you should have the SDK for the version you use installed, which is SDK SP1 for FSX RTM, SDK SP1A for FSX SP1, SDK SP2 for FSX SP2, and SDK Acceleration for FSX Acceleration.

You need MyTraffic Professional to run it parallel to UT2/FSLive, MyTraffic Lite contains the same airlines as UT2 and FSLive do.

There are several ways to create schedules for MyTraffic. They start that you create an airline (MYVA) defining up to four hubs, create a type that belongs to the airline (B738-MYVA1) , pointing to the title= entry of the aircraft.cfg, and add a few regs for the type. Then you can run an autoschedule and the airline will operate form the hubs to meaningful other airports, which means airports that have suitable parkings and are within range, with a bigger likelyhood inside one country. You can define some preferences for this, as to your airline never to visit Libya, or to be frequent at Rome, or what you want as next step of perfection.

In addition, using the mytraffic editor, selecting an airline you can select a type and then send it from one airport to a second ( including one intermediate stop if you want. ) Just give a time when this is supposed to start, and if it can be done within a day it will be made daily or twice daily or whatever to rotate. SIN-JFK will be made weekly, and now you can either place one or two planes on the service to have it 3 weekly or 6 weekly.

This funktion euires that you have FSX Professional of Gold, so that you may have the SDK installed, and you should have the SDK for the version you use installed, which is SDK SP1 for FSX RTM, SDK SP1A for FSX SP1, SDK SP2 for FSX SP2, and SDK Acceleration for FSX Acceleration.

I have FSX Gold Edition. I am confused about this SDK thing. With Gold is SDK already installed or do i need to find it to download? Also with the auto airline creation can I only chose one type of aircraft or many?

I have FSX Gold Edition. I am confused about this SDK thing. With Gold is SDK already installed or do i need to find it to download? Also with the auto airline creation can I only chose one type of aircraft or many?

Gold isn't that the version that contains Professional and Acceleration. So you should have the SDK on the DVDs. Only Standard does not have it.

The autoscheduling affects normally all types of all airlinesd - if you want to get slots for your VA these have to be taken from others, since at 100% traffic density in MyTraffic all airports are at their capacitc limit.