The simFlight Network Forums

basic question , little to no ai at airports

Peter K

I have been using myt 5.2b for a long time, It has always worked well. Lately I have sliders set to 100% traffic but i have very little traffic at any airports. ( I do have traffic just not very much)

I tried to recompile the traffic using communicator . ( at least I thought I did.)

Should I just delete the traffic file and recompile,

There must be some setting holding the amount of traffic back to very low traffic saturation

I looked in the mytraffic.ini file thinking that might give me a clue. Just not sure what im looking at

How do I reset and recreate the traffic file. Is it possible the the dll.xml file would become corrupted.

Thanks thoughts.

Peter

I have been using myt 5.2b for a long time, It has always worked well. Lately I have sliders set to 100% traffic but i have very little traffic at any airports. ( I do have traffic just not very much)

I tried to recompile the traffic using communicator . ( at least I thought I did.)

Should I just delete the traffic file and recompile,

There must be some setting holding the amount of traffic back to very low traffic saturation

I looked in the mytraffic.ini file thinking that might give me a clue. Just not sure what im looking at

How do I reset and recreate the traffic file. Is it possible the the dll.xml file would become corrupted.

Thanks thoughts.

Peter

Yes, Ian is right. In 99.9% of all case with non or little FSX AI traffic, it is another addon that switches it off and forces FSX to emulate FS8. Check

how to find these. Delete them and it will be good again.

Actual versions of MyTraffic contain this tool and it is callable from the Communicator.

Sorry one other thing, as i mentioned although i have no traffic at cyyz , I have the black marks at all gates where traffic should be . My slider is also set to 100%

I will work through these threads to see if I can fix things up.

regards Pete

Sorry one other thing, as i mentioned although i have no traffic at cyyz , I have the black marks at all gates where traffic should be . My slider is also set to 100%

I will work through these threads to see if I can fix things up.

regards Pete

The following is my private theory of how it is programmed inside FSX, to explain what happens, and yes especially having one dead airport, some with few traffic around and all normal at others is a proof you suffer from FS8 traffic polution.

FSX, when it determines if schedules are within the reality bubble, distributes the schedules into a set of approx. 8-10, for sure not more than 16 baskets. Every frame or time slot it makes a detailed analysis of the aircraft in one of the baskets, the other are just following their way.

FS8 traffic format is very different to the FSX one - FSX has a rather fine grain and can fly patterns for the airports, something not existing in the FS8 format. So if FSX loads a schedule in FS8 format, and puts it into a basket, this basket is marked "FS8" and the FSX schedules in it are ignored - they can't be made both. And even if the aircraft that is supposed to do that traffic does no longer exist, this is done - something not very clever but in the end it is your responsibility - FSX only is built to work with up to 5 traffic schedules anyways, if you have more ( some "free"ware addons install hundreds ) this is not supported.

So, if you have FS8 schedules for one airport, these may be placed into all the baskets, so no FSX traffic there. 100 miles away, maybe half the baskets are filled, so half the traffic, etc.