The simFlight Network Forums

Problem GoFlight MCPPRO and Lua script

Dear Mr. Dowson

I used a gfdDisplay.lua for MCPPRO. The right COURSE dial generated the event (event.gfd), but did not return any value. Other buttons, switches and dials return some value. Otherwise, FSUIPC can asign the button number for that dial.

Do you have any idea?

Thank you for your time.

Backy

I used a gfdDisplay.lua for MCPPRO. The right COURSE dial generated the event (event.gfd), but did not return any value. Other buttons, switches and dials return some value. Otherwise, FSUIPC can asign the button number for that dial.

When you say "a gfdDisplay.lua" what do you mean? Can you show me?

Have you tried logging?

Regards

Pete

When you say "a gfdDisplay.lua" what do you mean? Can you show me?

Have you tried logging?

Regards

Pete

Dear Mr. Dowson

Thank you for your reply.

"gfdDisplay.lua" is an example of lua plugins in FSUIPC Documents folder. "checkallinputs" function in this plugin is called by pushing switch, rotating dial of GoFlight device.

I tried logging. The log file is very big size, so I copied a part of log.

First, I rotated the left COURSE dial. I got the return values Dials[8]=[1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0] and Dials[8]=[-1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0].

Next, I rotated the right COURSE dial. I didn't got any return values. Dials[8] is still [0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0].

I wonder if it is right that Dials[8]=[0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0] or Dials[8]=[0,0,0,0,0,-1,0,0].

Backy

log.txt

gfdDisplay.txt

"gfdDisplay.lua" is an example of lua plugins in FSUIPC Documents folder. "checkallinputs" function in this plugin is called by pushing switch, rotating dial of GoFlight device.

Oh, THAT one. Sorry, I thought you meant something of your own.

I tried logging. The log file is very big size, so I copied a part of log.

Yes, i really meant logging Buttons in FSUIPC. Please see if FSUIPC sees the right course knob at all. If not then it is either a problem of an out-of-date or faulty GFDev.DLL module, or an erstwhile unreported bug in FSUIPC. If it does see it okay I would need to look at the Lua part instead.

I do have an MCPPro here someplace but I'm not in a position to connect it up for a couple of days.

Regards

Pete

Dear Mr. Dowson

I understood. I tried to get the log of FSUIPC4 following. I deleted "User Name" and User Addr".

FSUIPC assignes button number 17 and 18.

Thank you for your response.

backy

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.705 by Pete Dowson *********

Reading options from "F:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"

Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...

User Name=

User Addr=

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

Running inside FSX on Windows 7 (using SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Module base=61000000

Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

DebugStatus=15

374 System time = 02/06/2011 21:36:23

374 FLT path = "C:\Users\Backy\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

374 FS path = "F:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

1076 LogOptions=C0000000 00000001

1092 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

3276 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

3276 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

3276 FSUIPC Menu entry added

3292 F:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.FLT

3292 F:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR

16162 F:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\B737_800\Boeing737-800.AIR

64101 System time = 02/06/2011 21:37:27, Simulator time = 13:24:41 (18:24Z)

64116 Aircraft="Boeing 737-800 Paint1"

65052 Starting everything now ...

65052 GoFlight GFMCPPRO detected: 1 device

67486 *** Entered Buttons option page ***

69483 JoystickValues PCnum=0, dwCount=1, data[2]={0000009d 00040000}

69483 FirstButtonChange res=00009D12 (0.157, 18)

69530 JoystickValues PCnum=0, dwCount=1, data[2]={0000009d 00000000}

70200 JoystickValues PCnum=0, dwCount=1, data[2]={0000009d 00020000}

70200 FirstButtonChange res=00009D11 (0.157, 17)

70247 JoystickValues PCnum=0, dwCount=1, data[2]={0000009d 00000000}

70310 JoystickValues PCnum=0, dwCount=1, data[2]={0000009d 00020000}

70310 FirstButtonChange res=00009D11 (0.157, 17)

70419 JoystickValues PCnum=0, dwCount=1, data[2]={0000009d 00000000}

70466 JoystickValues PCnum=0, dwCount=1, data[2]={0000009d 00020000}

70481 FirstButtonChange res=00009D11 (0.157, 17)

70746 JoystickValues PCnum=0, dwCount=1, data[2]={0000009d 00060000}

70762 FirstButtonChange res=00009D12 (0.157, 18)

70793 JoystickValues PCnum=0, dwCount=1, data[2]={0000009d 00020000}

70840 JoystickValues PCnum=0, dwCount=1, data[2]={0000009d 00060000}

70856 FirstButtonChange res=00009D12 (0.157, 18)

70902 JoystickValues PCnum=0, dwCount=1, data[2]={0000009d 000e0000}

70918 FirstButtonChange res=00009D13 (0.157, 19)

70949 JoystickValues PCnum=0, dwCount=1, data[2]={0000009d 000a0000}

71121 JoystickValues PCnum=0, dwCount=1, data[2]={0000009d 00080000}

71183 JoystickValues PCnum=0, dwCount=1, data[2]={0000009d 000a0000}

71183 FirstButtonChange res=00009D11 (0.157, 17)

71230 JoystickValues PCnum=0, dwCount=1, data[2]={0000009d 00080000}

71292 JoystickValues PCnum=0, dwCount=1, data[2]={0000009d 00090000}

71292 FirstButtonChange res=00009D10 (0.157, 16)

71339 JoystickValues PCnum=0, dwCount=1, data[2]={0000009d 000b0000}

71355 FirstButtonChange res=00009D11 (0.157, 17)

74584 *** Exiting Buttons option page ***

[Log closed by user request, and continued in new file]

93148 System time = 02/06/2011 21:37:56, Simulator time = 13:24:42 (18:24Z)

93148 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Average frame rate for running time of 2 secs = 37.9 fps

Memory managed: 4 Allocs, 2 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

Please see if FSUIPC sees the right course knob at all. If not then it is either a problem of an out-of-date or faulty GFDev.DLL module, or an erstwhile unreported bug in FSUIPC. If it does see it okay I would need to look at the Lua part instead.

Pete,

I had the same problem when I wrote the LUA script for interfacing the J41 with the MCP PRO last year. There is a problem reading the right hand course rotary dial within LUA.

Best wishes

Steve

I had the same problem when I wrote the LUA script for interfacing the J41 with the MCP PRO last year. There is a problem reading the right hand course rotary dial within LUA.

Wish you'd mentioned it then, I'd have fixed it earlier! ;-)

Pete

Dear Mr. Dowson

Dear Mr Steve

Thank you so much.

I have one more situation.

If you have GF-EFIS (GoFlight's EFIS) and you have time to spare, would you please check the right selector switch (range selector) of the GF-EFIS.

I don't have GF-EFIS. But my friend has two GF-EFIS devices. He said that the captain side (unit #0) didn't return any value for the range selector. Therefore, the first officer side (unit #1) works normally.

I really thank for your responce.

backy

I don't have GF-EFIS. But my friend has two GF-EFIS devices. He said that the captain side (unit #0) didn't return any value for the range selector. Therefore, the first officer side (unit #1) works normally.

It works fine here. Sounds like it might be either an old version of FSUIPC or of GFDev.dll. I seem to remember something like that.

Regards

Pete

Dear Mr. Dowson

I wonder if the solution to the problem of right COURSE dial was in your sight.

By the way, the GFconfig application set for GoFlight device and SDK were updated to ver 2.0.

And, my friend said that he is using latast version of GFDev.dll.

Maybe GF-EFIS range selector has same problem as right COURSE dial.

backy :lol:

I wonder if the solution to the problem of right COURSE dial was in your sight.

By the way, the GFconfig application set for GoFlight device and SDK were updated to ver 2.0.

According to my contact at GoFlight, the bug is now fixed in the latest version of GFDev.dll, version 2.0.0.1 dated 8th June 2011. This should be included in the latest SDK issue, but meanwhile I have placed in in the Download Links subforum here.

I didn't get back to you about this yet because I haven't had a chance to test it, and in any case it now supports some other things which I should add and test too. If your friend is using 2.0.0.1 and it still doesn't work, let me know, but it should have been fixed according to GoFlight.

Maybe GF-EFIS range selector has same problem as right COURSE dial.

Er ... only in Lua, or do you mean in FSUIPC? Because I never had a problem in FSUIPC. I can check this in Lua if that's what you mean.

Regards

Pete

I've had a chance to test this today.

With the latest version of GFDev.dll (the 2.0.0.1 version posted in the Download Links subforum), all dials and switches on both the MCP Pro and the EFIS unit are seen okay by the Lua gfd library functions.

I'm now looking at adding display facilities to the gfd library for the new GF-WP6.

Regards

Pete

Dear Mr Dowson

Thank you for your work.

I confirmed to work perfectly.

Is the GFDev.dll downloaded from the GoFlight Web site old version? Can I get the latest version of the GFDev.dll form this forum ?

Backy

Is the GFDev.dll downloaded from the GoFlight Web site old version? Can I get the latest version of the GFDev.dll form this forum ?

I haven't checked the GoFlight website, sorry. Certainly they should provide the latest there too. Check the version number. I posted it in this Forum to replace the previous one I was providing.

Regards

Pete

• 1 month later...

I'm now looking at adding display facilities to the gfd library for the new GF-WP6.

Regards

Pete

I am anxious for that.

It also seems that the GFPower.lua (as provided in the FSUIPC install) is not working as expected with the GF-WP6 module: for instance when I set ALT-Warn (ALT meaning alternator here) for one of the GF-WP6 buttons in GFConfig, the button light stays off when alternators are off (it should light up), and when flipping the alternator switches back and forth, the light only blinks briefly. When I don't start up with the GFPower.lua the lights work normal.

Regards,

Jaap

I am anxious for that.

I have the GoFlight SDK version 2, which should cover the WP6 but only mentions "GF-WCP". I assume that must be the same device? 6 buttons and 6 indicators, each of which can be set to almost any colour?

I just haven't had time to do it yet, and it didn't seem urgent because until now no one even asked. I'll raise its priority a bit now. :-)

HOWEVER, I've looked through the information I have for the GF-WCP and I don't think it can be the same device as the WP6. So i cannot start on it yet. I've written to my GoFlight software contact to see what the story is.

It also seems that the GFPower.lua (as provided in the FSUIPC install) is not working as expected with the GF-WP6 module:

Since there is no code in FSUIPC at all for the WP6 at present I'm not sure why you would expect it to even recognise it?

for instance when I set ALT-Warn (ALT meaning alternator here) for one of the GF-WP6 buttons in GFConfig, the button light stays off when alternators are off (it should light up), and when flipping the alternator switches back and forth, the light only blinks briefly. When I don't start up with the GFPower.lua the lights work normal.

I've no idea why it would blink, except possibly FSUIPC switching all the other GF devices off and on makes the USB power dip? FSUIPC doesn't recognise the WP6 and cannot possibly be talking to it.

Pete

GF-WP6 is what it is called at the GoFlight website, but from what you describe it must be the same Device:

6 buttons, 6 indicators with programmable colors....

I'm sorry about assuming that code for this module would already be done in FSUIPC, because most of the times you're so blazingly fast with updating and implementing, that I never thought it would not be.... ;-)

I hope GF-WP6 and GF-WPC are the same so you can continue working on it.

Thanks for your comments!

Regards,

Jaap

GF-WP6 is what it is called at the GoFlight website, but from what you describe it must be the same Device:

6 buttons, 6 indicators with programmable colors....

I have two different programming definitions for the WCP. (it is actually the "GF-WCP" not "GF-WPC" as I wrote(.

A. 6 indicators of almost any colour and 6 buttons (like the WP6), plus rotary dials A and B and four toggle switches A-D, but undefined toggle states

OR

B. 8 buttons, dials A and B which press as well, and a 4 toggles A-D each with 5 positions (mini-joysticks I assume), with the indicators only able to be off, red, amber or green.

I'm sorry about assuming that code for this module would already be done in FSUIPC,

There is already code in FSUIPC for button and dial reading for the definition B above. If you have a GF-WP6 perhaps you can help? Does FSUIPC see any of its 6 buttons? If so could you please tell me the Joystick and Button numbers it comes up with? At least that will confirm whether the device is supposed to be the one I have details of, even if it is minus a few of its possibly-originally-intended features.

Thanks,

Pete

I have two different programming definitions for the WCP. (it is actually the "GF-WCP" not "GF-WPC" as I wrote(.

A. 6 indicators of almost any colour and 6 buttons (like the WP6), plus rotary dials A and B and four toggle switches A-D, but undefined toggle states

It does have six indicators and six buttons (indicators light up the buttons when activated, and colors are programmable via GFConfig), but there are no rotary dials or toggle switches on the device!

B. 8 buttons, dials A and B which press as well, and a 4 toggles A-D each with 5 positions (mini-joysticks I assume), with the indicators only able to be off, red, amber or green.

This looks more like something they might still have in development?

There is already code in FSUIPC for button and dial reading for the definition B above. If you have a GF-WP6 perhaps you can help? Does FSUIPC see any of its 6 buttons? If so could you please tell me the Joystick and Button numbers it comes up with? At least that will confirm whether the device is supposed to be the one I have details of, even if it is minus a few of its possibly-originally-intended features.

I have received my new GF-WP6 last saturday and have downloaded the latest GFConfig and also FSUIPC4 4.70B. FSUIPC does see the button presses, but (in my eyes) in an erratic way.

LUA's Disabled, no assignments made in GFConfig

All buttons are seen as being on Joy# 152

HW Button 1: first press BTN# 8 Second press BTN# 26, Third press BTN# 28, Fourth press BTN# 26, Fifth press BTN# 28 and so on.

HW Button 2: first press BTN# 27, Second press BTN# 28, Third press BTN# 27, Fourth press BTN# 28 and so on

HW Button 3: same as Button 2

HW Button 4: same as Button 2

HW Button 5: same as Button 2

HW Button 6: same as Button 2

I hope this makes sense to you, because to me it doesn't !

Thanks,

Jaap

FSUIPC does see the button presses, but (in my eyes) in an erratic way.

Right. so it is masquerading as the GF-WCP, because otherwise it certainly wouldn't see it at all.

All buttons are seen as being on Joy# 152

That's correct. At present I assign up to 4 WCPs from 152 to 155. However, I might change that if they only have 6 buttons -- I can accommodate up to 16 of them in the same space, as I was allowing for a lot more as I said.

I hope this makes sense to you, because to me it doesn't !

Yes, it looks like the changes are occurring in the data area defined for the 5-way toggles, so my computations for converting the toggle position into a button press is making a mess.

The problem is simply that the information I have about the data format is wrong. they obviously changed it in the last year before releasing this WP6.

I'm afraid it either means waiting till I get feedback from my contact, or you lending me your GF-WC6 to experiment on! ;-)

[LATER]

It's okay .. I just got the reply and have all the information I need!

I'll sort it out tomorrow and you can test it for me. Okay? ;-)

Regards

Pete

Ok, I'll test. Hope it rains tomorrow! :rolleyes:

Hope for Thursday or Friday now ... I've partly done it, but had too many other things to do as well. It's a bit more complex than I anticipated because of the different colour setting options. It needs an additional Lua gfd function and some internal jiggery-pokery to allow easy switching on and off without losing a preset colour.

i have it all worked out, but not coded yet. You can test it for me later this weeky. I might need to supply a Lua test program to test all the options. Have you got a video camera or phone with video, because it might be easier for me to check it all works by watching the colours and brightnesses change correctly? ;-0

Regards

Pete