The simFlight Network Forums

How to put an offset into FSUIPC

I want to do something which I suspect is simple but I am an even simpler person and despite reading the manuals and the FAQ's I am stuck because I am a hardware man and the software jargon is all Greek to me.

I want to program a switch to set off the fire extinguisher in my AST Airbus software.

I have got the switch detected in SIOC and across my network to FSUIPC where I can detect the button.

From the AST SDK I have an offset of 4602 and a SWID of 220 (whatever that means).

I can select FS control and I get the drop down menu but I don't know what to do with it. I see bytes, Dwords, Swords but all I can use is the Fword which I am doing frequently.

I tried offset byte set and put in x4602. I didn't know what to do with the SWID but tried it as a value x220.

I then tried a flight, started an engine fire and pressed the switch but it did not put the fire out (I was not surprised!)

Can anyone guide me on how to do it?

Barry

www.a320sim.com

I want to program a switch to set off the fire extinguisher in my AST Airbus software.

I have got the switch detected in SIOC and across my network to FSUIPC where I can detect the button.

From the AST SDK I have an offset of 4602 and a SWID of 220 (whatever that means).

Sorry, I am none the wiser either. And why 4602, which appears to be part of a range assigned to the Canadair RJ-700 Project?

I can select FS control and I get the drop down menu but I don't know what to do with it. I see bytes, Dwords, Swords but all I can use is the Fword which I am doing frequently.

I tried offset byte set and put in x4602. I didn't know what to do with the SWID but tried it as a value x220.

I'm afraid I can't help as I don't know this "AST SDK" nor what "SWID" is. To use the FSUIPC offset controls you need to know what size the value is (8 bits = Byte, 16bits = Word, 32 bits= Dword), etc. And what value to write to it. With neither information there's no way you can get an answer.

I think you need "AST SDK" support.

Regards

Pete

Pete

Thanks for the quick reply, if you don't understand it either then I don't feel such an idiot. I will talk to AST but their main guy is away for a month, I'll try their forum.

Just a few snippets for you, by AST I am referring to AirSimTech which is my suite of software similar to Project Magenta but more specifically tailored to Airbus. All of the internal variables in their SDK use Fsaddr 4602. I wanted to program another of the SDK offsets into my Flight Deck Technology (http://www.simboards.com/) USB card software, I gave them the 4602 offset and the relevant "SWID", they sent me back a line to paste into the config file for the board which works perfectly so somebody out there understands it.

When I have more I will put it in here.

Barry

www.a320sim.com

Just a few snippets for you, by AST I am referring to AirSimTech which is my suite of software similar to Project Magenta but more specifically tailored to Airbus. All of the internal variables in their SDK use Fsaddr 4602.

Strange that I've never heard of them, and that they'd use an offset not allocated to them. The suites I'm aware of include FlightDeck software, Sim-Avionics, FreeFDS, and ProSim737. Oh, and the new suite from Aerosoft Australia. I do realise that mostly these concentrate more on Boeing, though. PM does have an Airbus suite though I've never tried it. All use offsets requested and assigned to them.

I wanted to program another of the SDK offsets into my Flight Deck Technology (http://www.simboards.com/) USB card software, I gave them the 4602 offset and the relevant "SWID", they sent me back a line to paste into the config file for the board which works perfectly so somebody out there understands it.

I can only assume "SWID" stands for "SWitch ID", which could I suppose be the data you are supposed to write to offset 4602. If there's no other data it can only be a toggle switch operation (on/off). Have you tried Offset Byte Set with offset x4602 and parameter 220 (no x if decimal)? Of course it might be a word (16-bit) value they are using, in which case it would be Offset Word Set.

Regards

Pete

Pete

From the AST forum I have been told that I should put 0x4602 into byte set and 220 (not hex)into parameter and it will work. I will give it a try.

Surprised that you have not heard of AST software, it is very comprehensive and in my view better than PM for Airbus users. The support is much better too. Website is here http://www.airsimtech.eu/ I have no idea why they use 4602, I had assumed that they and you were hand in glove on that.

If you are ever in the East Riding come and fly it.

Barry

Surprised that you have not heard of AST software, it is very comprehensive and in my view better than PM for Airbus users.

Well if it is commercial and uses FSUIPC they should have contacted me in any case. I'll take a look for sure.

If you are ever in the East Riding come and fly it.

Thanks!

Pete