The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS and PM CDU

Hi Pete,

I'm trying to turn off all PC's total of 7 PC's on the same network via PM CDU "TURN OFF ALL PC'S Command button" unfortunately, I can only turn OFF the PC which has PM sys CDU software and hardware installed on. Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Six of the networked PC's are running WinXP and the server is running Win7. I have added ServerName=system5 and Protocol=TCP / Autoshutdown=Yes /Shutdown=Yes under [Config] section of all client wideFS.ini. All of client PC's communicate with the server without any problem but I can not turn any of them OFF via software command. I emailed enrico and he suggested that it was a WideFS setup issue.

Thank you

Phil

I'm trying to turn off all PC's total of 7 PC's on the same network via PM CDU "TURN OFF ALL PC'S Command button" unfortunately, I can only turn OFF the PC which has PM sys CDU software and hardware installed on. Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I didn't even know PM CDU had such a facility. I'm not sure what it does or how it tries to do it. I use the WideFS facilities and a hotkey assigned in FSUIPC.

Six of the networked PC's are running WinXP and the server is running Win7. I have added ServerName=system5 and Protocol=TCP / Autoshutdown=Yes /Shutdown=Yes under [Config] section of all client wideFS.ini. All of client PC's communicate with the server without any problem but I can not turn any of them OFF via software command. I emailed enrico and he suggested that it was a WideFS setup issue.

Perhaps he can explain what that CDU facility does, exactly, then? Doesn't the PM documentation tell you how to set things up to make it work?

Incidentally, if all PCs are in the same Workgroup and the version of XP is at least to SP1 level, then you should certainly not need to have the ServerName and Protocol parameters in any INI file, as they should be connecting automatically. In any case, such parameters are not involved in any shutdown procedures.

There are no parameters called "Autoshutdown" or "Shutdown" any place in any WideFS INI file. So those would be ignored. User options go into the [user] section in any case, not the [Config] section. Please refer to the WideFS documentation (which I certainly hope you have!) -- the Technical guide contains complete lists. Maybe you are thinking of "AllowShutdown=Yes"?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

I got it working!I had AllowShutdown=Yes command under the [config] not the [user] section :rolleyes: Apparently, PMCDU "Shutdown All PCS" command writes to offset 3320! Now I can turn off all seven computers using the CDU shutdown button :grin: .

Thank you again

Phil