The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek Yoke throttle control

I have installed FSUIPC 4.7 for FSX and am trying to get the throttle controls to work for the Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0. I have set them up per the instruction, and read through the "useful website for FSUIPC - How to" info. However the idle position on the throttles is only half way down the axis - at the center point - and not at the bottom of the axis. If I move the throttle below that center point the reverse thrusters come on and the plane goes crazy. I have programmed the red zone buttons for the reverse thrusters, and checked the box marked "no reverse thruster" but to no avail.

I have set this up for "airplane specific" so that it won't affect any other aircraft until I can get this fixed. I have also unchecked the flight controls in FSX to avoid any conflicts there. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this.

I have installed FSUIPC 4.7 for FSX and am trying to get the throttle controls to work for the Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0. I have set them up per the instruction, and read through the "useful website for FSUIPC - How to" info. However the idle position on the throttles is only half way down the axis - at the center point - and not at the bottom of the axis. If I move the throttle below that center point the reverse thrusters come on and the plane goes crazy. I have programmed the red zone buttons for the reverse thrusters, and checked the box marked "no reverse thruster" but to no avail.

If the "No Reverse Zone" option is indeed selected, and you then re-calibrated, then FSUIPC never sends and negative throttle values, so reverse can never be engaged. Therefore I suspect you've made some mistake. Perhaps you could paste the relevant Axes and JoystickCalibration sections of the FSUIPC4.INI file here so I can check.

Also, check the exact same settings on a default aircraft such as the 737-800. If it operates correctly, with only forward thrust, there, then I suspect Eaglesoft are doing something odd with the throttles. Maybe it needs Axis controls. The change described below was made over a year ago, and it suggests something you might try:

· Added an extra facility for joystick calibration, in order to try to cope with some different add-on practices (notably, in this case, the Wilco A320). Normally, the 4-Throttles, 4-mixtures and 4-Prop pitch calibrations result in an output with either a range which includes the reverse zone, or, if the "no reverse zone" option is checked, a range from 0 (idle) to 16383 (max). These are sent to FS using the older "????n_SET" controls (THROTTLE1_SET, etc), since these are the ones providing the reverse zone below zero.

If you set the [JoystickCalibration] INI file parameter UseAxisControlsForNRZ to "Yes", then the NRZ (no reverse zone) option for all three axis types will use the AXIS_????n_SET controls (e.g. AXIS_THROTTLE1_SET) instead, with a range of -16363 (idle) to +16383 (Max). This, of course, can be Aircraft or Profile-specific by editing it in the appropriate calibration section of the INI file.

Otherwise, if it is a peculiarity only with that aircraft I can only suggest you ask Eaglesoft support. The normal Axis controls only provide forward thrust values, mapping -16k to +16k all to forward thrust with idle at -16k. That's exactly how FSX itself deals with throttle assignments.

Regards

Pete