The simFlight Network Forums

STB-Remark-Final Call ? (German)

Ber759

Hi,

ich habe da ein kleines Problem mit dem Traffic Board.

Das Programm läuft bei mir via Netzwerk auf meinem Laptop (Win7/32Bit)

Der FSC-Rechner (Win7/64Bit)

Läuft auch alles wunderbar zusammen mit UT2 !

Ich fliege mit der FSX-Ifly737 und hab auch schon alles nach dem Tutorial gemacht.

Aber bei mir steht auf dem Board immer wieder "FinalCall" ! Kein Boarding etc....

"Taxi,Departed, etc...." wird alles angezeigt !

Ich hab auch hier im Forum etwas über dieses Problem gefunden, aber auch das hat mir nicht weitergeholfen.

Gruss 759

Es tut mir leid, wir haben nur Englisch unterstützt. Google ist unser Freund aber, so wollen wir hoffen, dass die Übersetzung Sinn macht.

So kann ich sicher sein, ich verstehe das Problem, geben Sie bitte eine Liste:

1) Welche Bemerkungen siehst du?

2) Welche Bemerkungen sehen Sie nicht?

Dank

Simon

I am sorry, we only have english support. Google is our friend however, so let us hope the translation makes sense.

So I can be sure I understand the problem, please provide a list:

1) Which remarks do you see?

2) Which remarks do you not see?

Thanks

Simon

Okay, I'm trying with my english ! Excuse for ! ;)

STB running on my laptop via network (Win7/32Bit)

My FSX-PC (Win7/64Bit)

It all works well with UT2 !

I fly with FSX and Ifly737, I´ve already done everything according to the tutorial (Manual),

but always under remarks "final call" is displayed, no matter what I do.

"Boarding, etc..." will never be displayed.

"Taxi,Departed, etc...." everything is displayed.

I've also found something here in the forum about this problem, but that has not helped me.

(by Google Translate) ;)

regards

Ber759 :)

OK, we need to understand what FSX thinks your aircraft is doing. Next time you see the problem, click on "User Flight" in the menu bar, then "Reset State" and finally "Describe State". Take a screenshot of the window and load it here or send it to me.

Simon

Oh, something happens !

I start the Flight with the IFLY737 in Cold&Dark-Modus, load a Flightplan, setting Parkingbreak, but nothing happens.

But when I open the Door He shows me : Go to Gate ! <<< is this right ?

User State Values :

FS State = Sleep (Departure)

Departure Remark = Go to Gate

Arrival Remark = On Time

But when I turn on the battery on he shows me : Final Call ! <<< No Boarding etc..

User State Values :

FS State = Clearance

Departure Remark = Final Call

Arrival Remark = On Time

Here is a Screenshoot :

http://imageshack.us...benanntqmy.png/

regards

Ber759 :smile:

Go to Gate is correct for the situation you describe. Remember STB has to accommodate all types of aircraft, so we monitor a common set of aircraft equipment and try to make decisions on what you are doing at the time to describe it on the board.

There is a fix in SP1, do you have it installed?

4) Fix for user aircraft never showing departure remark "Boarding".

Otherwise, the state boarding depends on your scheduled departure time. This is the logic, in other words the longer your flight will be the earlier your boarding will depart. What time is your departure time, and what time is it in FSX?

if (flightDistance < 500)

{

minBoardingTime = 900; // 15 minutes

maxBoardingTime = 1500; // 25 minutes

}

else if (flightDistance < 1500)

{

minBoardingTime = 1200; // 20 minutes

maxBoardingTime = 2100; // 35 minutes

}

else

{

minBoardingTime = 1500; // 25 minutes

maxBoardingTime = 2400; // 40 minutes

}

Simon

There is a fix in SP1, do you have it installed?

4) Fix for user aircraft never showing departure remark "Boarding".

I have "SuperTrafficBoard V3 Service Pack 1" installed from here :

http://www.supertraf.../Downloads.html

What time is your departure time, and what time is it in FSX?

Sorry,how do you mean?(my English is not the best)

You mean my Depature Time is to long for a Fligt from "EDDN" to "LEPA"

Sometimes i have a Depature Time of 30-45 Minutes! It´s to long ?!?

regards

Ber759

I ask because it is easy for your scheduled departure time to become incorrect, especially if you change time in FSX. Whenever that happens, you must change your departure time also.

So, you are saying you have 45 minutes to go before departure, and 45 minutes later you are still "Go to gate" and not "Boarding" at any point?

Simon

I start FSX with the Ifly (Cold an Dark). I set the Depature Time to 45 Minutes, select FSX Flightplan and then i connect STB. After opening the Doors, he shows me "Go to Gate". (45 minutes have not expired) !

When i turn the Battery on he shows me "Final Call".

I have not changed the time in FSX !

The Depaturetime (example 45 Minutes) that I adjusting in the setting, is the time when I close the doors and the engine starts ?!? I think so !

When I'm back home I look again. I'll tell you more then

Ber759

Turning on the avionics master (or in some aircraft, the battery) will signal a final call. We do this to represent the pilot will depart soon, so passengers better hurry up. If you switch this on "early", then I can see how it can lead to final call been seen too soon. The problem however is we have to monitor the aircraft systems, and try to decide what you are doing in order to change the states on the board. Can you think of a better action we can look out for for final call? Is there something you do in the cockpit when you will leave in say 10 minutes? In FSX many things have to be compromised, but maybe we can find a better way.

Simon

Okay, now it works fine. STB shows me "Boarding" and when i turn the Battery on shows me "Final Call" on the Display. I think thats right ! :)

Perhaps you can use the Seatbelt or No Smoking Signs to let STB know there are still 10 minutes for depature.

I think the function with the battery switch is to early for final Call.

But I am still very happy with the program! ;)

regards

BER759

So I looked in the SDK:

CABIN NO SMOKING ALERT SWITCH True if the No Smoking switch is on. Bool Y -

CABIN SEATBELTS ALERT SWITCH True if the Seatbelts switch is on. Bool Y -

So your suggestions may be possible. Do you have a working cockpit switch for these? I guess most if not all flights are non-smoking now, so lets think about seatbelts. Also seatbelts may not make much sense if you are flying a cargo plane, but maybe I can do something about that also.

OK, even in the default 737 there's a switch for the seat belts (via a 2D popup). So what I'll do is add an option, what event is final call. This can be either:

- Master Avionics Switch (suitable for all)

- Seatbelt Switch (suitable for passenger aircraft)

I'm afraid this takes some time, but I will announce here on the forum when it is done.

Simon