The simFlight Network Forums

Error trying to start UT2

ViridianMM

Dear all

I have purchased STB this weekend and am trying to install it in a client server environment.

When starting the client i receive the error:

---------------------------

SuperTrafficBoard3

Unable to contact SuperTrafficBoard Data Server. STB will be disconnected. Additional details below:

System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: Could not connect to net.tcp://192.168.8.121:32123/stbdata/Ut2Service. The connection attempt lasted for a time span of 00:00:21.0444370. TCP error code 10060: Een verbindingspoging is mislukt omdat de verbonden party niet correct heeft geantwoord na een bepaalde tijd, of de gemaakte verbinding is mislukt omdat de verbonden host niet heeft geantwoord 192.168.8.121:32123. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Een verbindingspoging is mislukt omdat de verbonden party niet correct heeft geantwoord na een bepaalde tijd, of de gemaakte verbinding is mislukt omdat de verbonden host niet heeft geantwoord 192.168.8.121:32123 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SocketConnectionInitiator.Connect(Uri uri, TimeSpan timeout) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- Server stack trace: at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SocketConnectionInitiator.Connect(Uri uri, TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.BufferedConnectionInitiator.Connect(Uri uri, TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionPoolHelper.EstablishConnection(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout) Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) at System.ServiceModel.ICommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.ClientBase`1.System.ServiceModel.ICommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.ClientBase`1.Open() at Ut2Interface.Ut2RemoteDatabase.OpenAgent() in C:\Documents and Settings\Simon Jones\My Documents\FSX Projects\FSX Traffic Board\STB V3 SP1B\Client\Traffic Board\Ut2RemoteDatabase.cs:line 435

OK

I have looked at all the parameters in the server site and the client site. The client software says UT2-server is running, both i not chosen anywhere to make a connection to UT2. I do not own this software. I want to make a connection to the default AI flight from FSX. Maybe some scenery installs some flight pattern? How do cope with that?

Any one for help.

Thnx.

Firstly do not worry about the messages saying "UT2". The software evolved and the UT2 client/server interface does a whole lot more know than just talk to UT2. I regret it was easier to keep the name "UT2" then change it to something else. So specifically for customers that do not have UT2, you do not need to worry, STB is quite happy without.

Now to your problems. A couple of things to check first:

1) You have downloaded and installed the service packs for STB (on the client computer) and STB-DS (on the FSX computer)

2) STB-DS is up and running once FSX has started. Please check for it in the taskbar once a flight is loaded.

3) You have tried STB on the same computer as FSX, and that worked fine. This is an important step to verify your FSX SimConnect interface.

Let me know about those things, and we'll see what to do next.

Regards

Simon

Hi Simon

Thanx for your fast reply, apologys for my late reply. Had a powerfailure which blew my internet-routers and some pcs, so had something else om my mind.

to your questions now;

1. I have STB-DS on my FSX-pc and STB on my FSX-dashboard PC.

2. In de windows-taskbar STB-DS is running. In de FSX taskbar i also see STB-Server 2.2.1.3 How i got there i really don't know.

3. I have STB also on my FSX-pc for testing purpose as suggested in the documentation. This works well.

So what now.

Regards. Nico

Hi Nico,

It seems to be saying that STB sent a message to STB-DS but did not get a reply. Lets take a look at your configuration, please post here or email me the following files:

1) From your STB PC, STB install directory: TrafficBoardFrontEnd.exe.config

2) From your FSX PC, STB-DS install directory: StbDataServer.exe.config

STB-DS is auto-started and closed down by FSX.

Simon

It's difficult for me to say now as the there seems to be something blocking communications on one of your computers. From the error it is impossible to say what it is, but the usual things to check are firewalls, VPN dialers etc that can all restrict and filter network activity. My only other suggestion is for you to send me your modified files once more and I can check them on my set up. However I'm afraid it will be 2-3 weeks before I can do that as I'm traveling on business. My laptop goes with me, but it is not good enough to run the FSX SP2 required by UT2.

Simon